Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please provide a Preference to condense the Comments panel

I often deal with PDFs with hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of edits. The Comments panel in Acrobat DC includes way too much blank space, including a title line ("Strikethrough Text", "Highlighted Text", etc.) and needlessly provides a default "Type your reply..." area for every comment. This isn't Facebook (meaning, replies aren't always necessary). Please provide preferences that allow comments to appear in more compact form, as they did with Acrobat X or Acrobat 11.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Please restore ability to copy and paste comment shapes (arrow, line, rectangle, oval) from one PDF to another

Since updating to Acrobat Pro DC (version 2017.012.20098), I cannot individually copy arrow, line, rectangle, or oval shapes (with or without accompanying comments) from one PDF and paste them into another PDF. As an editor, I use these tools all day to mark corrections and I regularly have the need to carry over unaddressed/outstanding edits to the next version of the project. Without the ability to simply copy and paste, I have to redo a lot of work—losing efficiency and opening up room for error. Please restore this fundamental function!

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • BUG: sort comments by author not showing all

When I sort comments by author, then try to select all comments by one of those authors, I am unable to select all of them, only a portion. It *looks* like it grabs them all, but if I change the properties, then look at the sort again, it shows only a portion changed and the others still have the old properties.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add or Remove Handles in Draw Cloud Tool

Occasionally when using the Draw Cloud tool (under Drawing Markups) I find the need to delete a superfluous handle, or add a handle. I would like to do this without the need of deleting the existing cloud drawing and starting over again.

For example, let's say I selected the tool and began plotting points. These drawings are often polygons with many segments, taking a bit of time and care to construct. As the tool connects the points it leaves a handle to mark the last point, until I complete the drawing by clicking the beginning handle.

Sometimes I fumble-figure the…

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Smooth Inking Support on Windows Tablet PC

It would be nice if the pen/pencil tool in the comment tool set didn't auto-smooth a fraction of a second after the pen stroke. I fill out some PDF forms on a regular basis which are then emailed. I love maintaining a paperless workflow but a lot of my writing is in small-ish print (approx 10-12pt) at moderately high zoom levels and I find at that scale that if I'm not very careful about stroke speed and technique, the smoothing feature modifies character shapes in bizarre ways. Periods (".") and the dots on i's and j's don't take unless I…

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Auto refresh the sort by list when one of the properties changes

If I am sorting comments, the group of comments should auto-refresh. If I have 4 unchecked comments and choose sort by checkmark status, all four show up in the top group "Unchecked". But if I then check one of the comments, the group doesn't auto refresh. The now checked comment is still in the Unchecked list. So I have to sort by another method, then sort again by my original method to get the groups to display correctly.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make sort by groups collapsed as the default behavior

When I sort comments: by type, author, color, page, etc, the groups are always fully open. If I'm sorting by a particular group, I want to target something within a group. If I have a lot of comments, they scroll past the end of the comment pane. So EVERY TIME, I have to collapse the groups. At the very least, make the name of the groups BOLD somehow, so that I can see which group it is more easily. Also, I miss the little twirl down triangle, That UI was more intuitive. I don't like the ellipses.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Customize view when open PDF

I would like to be able to customize what opens in DC like previous versions. For example, I almost always need the comments bar open when I open PDFs. It was save me time and clicks if I could set in Preferences or someplace to always open that bar when opening a PDF> I used to be able to do this i thought in previous versions. I hop eyou can add this tweak.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• [Bug] resize legends and annotation text box is very buggy

1. Add a legend text box on a static page (the red boxes you find in the comment section)
                      2. Try to resize the text box
                      3. You'll find that the icons are not accurate : they change very quickly from "resize cursor" to "move cursor" to the little arrow, and it is very difficult to resize or even move the box.

Environment : Mac OS 10.11.6 Acrobat 11.0.22

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Settings to allow any desired tool (or any combination) to be selected as default

It would be great if Adobe could keep/save my preferred settings as default rather than having to do it each time - even if it is only at a click of a mouse it counts in fast-paced working environments.

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • BUG: DC PRO crash while highlighting and comments on scanned hand written notes document

Brand new Win 10 Surface Book with everything updated including Acrobat. When highlighting and adding comments to a scanned handwritten document, DC PRO crashed and hours of work were lost as the file I was working on was not in the temporary saved files. In troubleshooting, I found that auto-save to temporary files was not turned on in preferences. I am used to working with MS Word which automatically saves every document you have opened and changed and I assumed Adobe would do likewise. I have not had a crash like this on DC PRO like many others have reported…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug - After publishing comments, the spinner icon is rotating. I am not sure if comments are pushed

Bug - After publishing comments, the spinner icon is rotating. I am not sure if comments are pushed

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• be able to set a default font in Adobe Acrobat XI pro

When adding comments with a text box, it would be nice to be able to set a default font to use all the time rather then changing it every time I open a new PDF

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Comments and Annotations need marching ants

In previous versions of Acrobat, it was a LOT easier to see which comment on a page was selected. There sue to be marching ants. Now, there is just a thin blue line that doesn't march. Please bring back the marching ants so it's easier to see what is selected. Our eyes aren't getting any younger!

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• BUG: multiple actions assigned to keyboard shortcut ~

Currently, typing ~ is assigned in Acrobat to BOTH "insert text at cursor" AND "output preview." It is completely unpredictable which action will result when I type ~.

I need to be able to bring up the "insert text a cursor" function without having to mouse all over the place.

Please fix this bug.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• rounded highlight edges are problematic

When highlighting, a recent update made it so that the edges of the highlight are rounded, rather than straight up and down. This is problematic when using highlighting to make comments for a compositor to do something with text in a proof, because it is not crystal clear which characters the highlight is actually applied to.

For (just one) example, if I highlight a word within parentheses to mark for the compositor to make it italic, it looks like the parentheses are also highlighted when they are not.

The attached screenshot with the blue selection shows what the selection looks…

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Text formatting when copying between text boxes

Please make an option to keep text formatting, like line feeds, when copying text between two text boxes in same PDF file. At the moment Acrobat DC removes all line feeds when content is copy&pasted which creates a lot of unnecessary "Enter" typing.
                                      Maybe something like CTRL+SHIFT+V = keep formatting?

Copying the whole text box is not an options, because the text box is sometimes rotated when pasted to another page.

Alternative to this request would of course be to make the text box rotatable.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Estou para comprar o Adobe Acrobat Pro DC e experimentei a versão gratuira, mas para minha surpresa não tem como acessar o ENVIAR E RASTREAR

Estou para comprar o Adobe Acrobat Pro DC e experimentei a versão gratuira, mas para minha surpresa não tem como acessar o ENVIAR E RASTREAR. Na versão vendida tem esse dispositivo?

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug Report: Comment Descenders Cut Off

The bottom edge of the comment pop-up window is measured from the letter baseline rather than the bottom of the descenders. This cuts off typographical descenders and inhibits quick reading of comments.

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base