Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. the new version of acrobat is terrible! you took away tools that made it easy to provide graphic markups to documents, you reversed the entire format of where toolbars are located so i have to retrain my brain on where to look for things. the arrow box and markup editing features are clunky, slow and difficult to manipulate. if it isn't corrected i'm reverting to bluebeam for good.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Running Adobe Acrobat Pro Version 2024.001.20604 on a Mac.

Previously, we could change the commenter name and make the new commenter name a default by editing the comment "Properties > General" and then checking "Make Properties Default", as detailed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-cc-comment-name-change/td-p/9307260

With the most recent update, "Make Properties Default" has no effect. It continually defaults back to each individual's Adobe User Name with every new comment. We can change each of them by hand, but cannot change the default behavior.

We can enable Edit>Preferences to "Always use Log-in name for author name", but that will only use the log-in name…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Things change - as does the UI - that is fine. Professionals working with Adobe Pro have adapted before. However, the changes have DOUBLED the amount of time it takes to mark up a PDF and as far as I can see there is no solution for this.

• We are not longer able to highlight text, start typing and have text automatically replaced. We also have to select the tool, then implement the mark up.

• We are not able to pick a spot in the text, start typing and have text automatically inserted. We also have to select the tool,…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new toolbar isn't great but I can live with it. However, it FREQUENTLY protrudes over the document when you use a tool with a submenu or the type tool with the font and color options. This is very bad, especially when adding a comment in the margins. Since it is possible to move the toolbar, why not make it possible to orient it horizontally at the top or bottom of the page? That way, it won't obstruct lines in the middle of the document that happen to be close to the edge.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As of Thursday 1/4/24, sticky notes vanish as soon as they are entered, and if I type more than word in a highlight pop-up box, the font downsizes from my norm.

Acrobat Pro on Windows 11 PC

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The default layout of the comment tools menu has changed significantly in the new version of Adobe Acrobat DC and finding how to add functions like strikethrough and replace to the banner menu is not easy. This is frustrating for editors and typesetters who have to explain to authors how to proofread their galley proofs. Previously, I simply had to explain how to use Acrobat's comments function. Now, I'll have to explain to them how to find the menu to change the tools that appear on the banner, which is hard enough to figure out because it's just a bunch…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Your Adobe Acrobat Reader software update to a new screen format SUCKS! This involuntary change is NOT WELCOMED!!! This change is to make using your software more efficient for users I assume. Well, the exact opposite is happening for me. I'm looking around for the old tool setting icons I had a the top of my screen in the previous version for quick & easy access to them and I cannot find them because to deleted some of them. So, now I do not have the tools I need to efficiently use this program. Great Job, NOT! :(

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the previous version, I could efficiently conduct a text review by simply selecting the text and entering the new content to initiate a substitution. However, with this latest version, I find myself compelled to navigate to the cumbersome panel on the left and manually choose the function for EACH text substitution. This change has significantly impacted productivity. Kindly reconsider and revert to the previous functionality for a more streamlined experience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am an editor and frequently use the PDF mark-up tools, including strikethrough, insert text and especially "replace selected text". In previous versions, these tools were nicely organized in a toolbar across the top of the screen. If you wanted to use one, you simply had to click or highlight within the text as needed, then choose the appropriate tool in the toolbar. The new version consolidates these and other functions in a reduced menu on the left side of the screen. To use any tool, you now have to click a main icon, then choose the desired tool from…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. One used to be able to insert comment to replace text by simply highlighting/selecting it and start typing. Please reinstate! Now I must right-click and select "Add note to replace text". I use this feature a lot when going through my students' work or proofreading, often hundreds of times in a day, and it is taking much longer than it used to with 3 times as many mouse clicks (not good for my arm!).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The previous version of Acrobat commenting was simple and intuitive. You place your cursor and start typing for "insert", highlight and type automatically "replaces", highlight and delete automatically deletes. The new interface is slow, cumbersome, unintuitive and forces you to constantly change tool.

Bring back contextual typing. I've downloaded an older version since this version is useless for comments.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The old version of Acrobat (Pro X) allowed users to put comments on various items in the document, such as highlighted text, etc. and move those boxes around on the document and change their size.

Now, Acrobat (Pro 2019 and onward) obscures that comment box with a reply field and totally wasted blank space beneath it (see attached). A user shouldn't have to click on a comment box to see the text that's there. This is yet another example of HORRID user interface changes. While reply-type commenting is a useful feature, destroying the original comment box's functionality for those that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Submitting a bug at ghostscript's request

https://bugs.ghostscript.com/show_bug.cgi?id=707678#c3

The pdf in attachment (page5_gs) fails to open in Acrobat DC.

However, upon opening the pdf with Adobe Acrobat, I encountered an error message indicating that the document has an issue, and a significant portion of the page's content is missing. Interestingly, page 5 functions perfectly when I open source_document.pdf with Adobe Acrobat.

It's important to note that this issue only occurs with Adobe software; page5.pdf opens correctly with Chrome-based browsers and Mozilla Firefox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When adding a comment that contains only a space character, the comment cannot be posted. This means that it is impossible to mark up changes that involve inserting a space, or replacing another character with a space in an 'import PDF comments' (https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/using/import-pdf-comments.html) workflow in InDesign.

Please allow posting of comments containing only a space character.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The format box that appears when typing in a comment is not moveable and overlaps with my document - sometimes OVER the comment I'm trying to type. making it VERY difficult to edit text or use the PDF. Can't this be dockable? or at least Moveable??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The latest Acrobat is TERRIBLE!! Not only are old tools missing (page scroll is the worst!) but after adding a comment to page 1 of a document I was reviewing, I find it has also been posted on pages 2, 3, 5, 8 and on...

Attempts to revise the text of a comment I added a few minutes earlier are thwarted. Acrobat no longer allows a user to revise their own entries??

As I read the comment in the forum, there seems to be enough frustration with what this version has done, that simply providing access to download and use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This has been observed after Adobe Acrobat Pro was recently updated.
    Why should the intial formatting be lost when we edit a comment? So, let's say if we have some portions of the comment in bold, it will automatically become 'unbold' when we start editing the comment. We then have to go back to the comment (after saving because autosave is now gone!) and redo all the formatting that was done earlier. This bug surely needs to be fixed as formatting within a comment is crucial if it is indicative of a pattern within a PDF file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The filter "show unchecked only" (don’t know exact title because of german version) is no longer working since macOS 14.1. It’s really essential, please fix asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I highlight and when I select text I see "pieces" of the previous page, like in the photo.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?