Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. I am an editor and frequently use the PDF mark-up tools, including strikethrough, insert text and especially "replace selected text". In previous versions, these tools were nicely organized in a toolbar across the top of the screen. If you wanted to use one, you simply had to click or highlight within the text as needed, then choose the appropriate tool in the toolbar. The new version consolidates these and other functions in a reduced menu on the left side of the screen. To use any tool, you now have to click a main icon, then choose the desired tool from…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. One used to be able to insert comment to replace text by simply highlighting/selecting it and start typing. Please reinstate! Now I must right-click and select "Add note to replace text". I use this feature a lot when going through my students' work or proofreading, often hundreds of times in a day, and it is taking much longer than it used to with 3 times as many mouse clicks (not good for my arm!).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can rotate text but not shapes. #booo
    May as well open pdf with word and rotate MS shapes

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bug Report:
    When you filter comments and then try to select all of the filtered comments by clicking on the first comment and then shift clicking the last comment, all comments filtered out are also selected.

Please reference the attached screenshot where a blue comment box is not visible because the filter view is set to red. I then attempted to select just the red comments, but the blue comment was selected as well. The workaround to this bug is to shift click each item, but this is not a realistic option if you have lots of comments in a…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hey could you guys make a shortcut for highlighting on PDFs that would be GREAT HELP! This is for Adobe Reader DC. There is no shortcut for highlighter and highlighter color. It would make reading PDFs faster, more interactive, and easier to read especially on Desktop/Laptops.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This recent update is extremely frustrating. It dropped off tools that were in my toolbar previously (page view/zoom options disappeared) and I had to figure out how to get them back.

Not only is the comments bar is now uglier/bulkier, when you have sorted comments to not include ones marked as completed it no longer dynamically removes the comments you mark as you go. You now have to go back and clear your comment filter and reapply "none" to hide completed comments.

To add insult to injury, there is no longer an option for other versions in ACC, so I…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be really nice if the "Underline" tool was included in the right-click menu. Right now the Mac version has an option for highlighting and striking through, but not for underlining.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The previous version of Acrobat commenting was simple and intuitive. You place your cursor and start typing for "insert", highlight and type automatically "replaces", highlight and delete automatically deletes. The new interface is slow, cumbersome, unintuitive and forces you to constantly change tool.

Bring back contextual typing. I've downloaded an older version since this version is useless for comments.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For power users and quick use, add an option to pin comment bar and or other toolbars to the top.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. You are not able to keep a tool selected any longer. If you use it once, then it reverts back to the cursor. Stamps, highlighter, comments, all of them. This had been a feature in Acrobat since I can remember and all of a sudden they removed it. WHY? Bring it back. There are several other people on here complaining of the same thing but if they don't respond, they say the issue is resolved. It is not in any way "resolved". Please bring back asap.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Highlighter tool more versitile.
    Different colors, transparancy levels, and .pt sizes please!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A document with over 1000 comments become completely unusable because of lag. Even when creating an archive version.

Creative Cloud has become a disaster.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would it be possible to make a small enhancement under highlight properties.

Can development add addition default colours to allow for quick selection.

When I study I highlight my documents and use an array of colour to keep concepts together.

It detracts from the process having drill down separately adjust opacity and colour.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It is still an issue in 2022. It is almost impossible to work on a file with more than 1000 comments; it is very slow, lags, and freezes. When you open 2 files with more than 1000 comments, Acrobat can't handle it anymore. It will stop working; it leads to: "(Not Responding)" forcing the user to quit Acrobat.

I have tried all the possible fixes/solutions and workarounds, but they do not work.
    Our office uses fast laptops: Intel i7, 32GB RAM, and an NVIDIA Quadro T1000 for the graphics card.

When could we expect a resolution for this?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adobe needs to stop opening comment pop up box once a PDF is opened. This occurs when I PDF after an AutoCAD drawing. I do not have administrative rights to download a patch or re-download the software. I just need the option to turn off in the Preferences dialogue box.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This is an impossible interface. Go back to the drawing board and look to the layouts before you 'streamlined for mobile devices' which is not how most of use use Acrobat Pro for routing documents in review.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In previous versions the Ctrl+F box would appear and you would type your text and hit enter. When searching your next text using the Ctrl+F shortcut would automatically highlight the last search text so you could automatically start typing your new 'find' text. With the new update, it doesn't highlight the last search text, instead it puts the cursor at the end of your last text making you backspace the text or stop and click to highlight the text. This is a huge efficiency loss!! Please help!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

The issue has been fixed in the latest update of Adobe Acrobat and Reader (Version: 2019.012.20036). Please update your applications to the latest version and let us know if you’re facing any issues.

For getting the latest version of the application (Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC)

- Open the Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC application in your machine.
    – Click on the ‘Help’ menu in the application.
    – Click on ‘Check for Updates…’.
    – Update your application to the latest version and verify that the latest version is 2019.012.20036

For getting the version of the application (Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC)

- Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application in your machine.
    – Click on the ‘Help’ menu in the application.
    – Click on ‘About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC…’.

Thanks
    Aakash, Adobe Acrobat DC Team

18. I'd love a way to tag reviewers in a comment—or in a reply to an existing comment—in a review PDF (hosted internally) that's set up for Shared Commenting, so that they may be notified via email of the comment in the document.

Some reviewers proof the document early, make a comment, and then never revisit the shared review PDF, so if someone replies to their comment, they do not see it. That has left the onus of communicating the missed replies and being a go-between on a single person in our organization.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. So hard to use and wastes so much of my time looking for things.
    I just need the preview/navigator on the side so I can rotate or crop and a highlighter in the tools and the hand to move the page around. Every time I open a file it defaults back to nothing I can use. Please bring back version 10

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice if the pen/pencil tool in the comment tool set didn't auto-smooth a fraction of a second after the pen stroke. I fill out some PDF forms on a regular basis which are then emailed. I love maintaining a paperless workflow but a lot of my writing is in small-ish print (approx 10-12pt) at moderately high zoom levels and I find at that scale that if I'm not very careful about stroke speed and technique, the smoothing feature modifies character shapes in bizarre ways. Periods (".") and the dots on i's and j's don't take unless I…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?