Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. In previous versions of Acrobat, it was a LOT easier to see which comment on a page was selected. There sue to be marching ants. Now, there is just a thin blue line that doesn't march. Please bring back the marching ants so it's easier to see what is selected. Our eyes aren't getting any younger!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the new version od Adobe Acrobat (Pro DC) I can now longer show the highlight tool and other tools on the top toolbar - I need to click a few times to show the Comment tools. This wastes a lot of time.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I do.
    so that choosing different colors will be easy

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Running Adobe Acrobat Pro Version 2024.001.20604 on a Mac.

Previously, we could change the commenter name and make the new commenter name a default by editing the comment "Properties > General" and then checking "Make Properties Default", as detailed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-cc-comment-name-change/td-p/9307260

With the most recent update, "Make Properties Default" has no effect. It continually defaults back to each individual's Adobe User Name with every new comment. We can change each of them by hand, but cannot change the default behavior.

We can enable Edit>Preferences to "Always use Log-in name for author name", but that will only use the log-in name…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I used to be able to click on the spot of the text I wanted to add text, and I could just start typing; the comment would be created automatically; similarly, I could select text and just start typing for the replace text function. Now I have to make an extra click, on the toolbar menu. For manuscript editing, this adds annoying time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would you disable, or at least provide an option to disable, a popup when highlighting a text? This is very annoying because this occludes text I am currently reviewing. Please do not interfere with the user's intended task. It is up to the users who will decide what to do with the highlighted text - after reviewing it thoroughly. Blocking it with the pop up interferes the work process.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Do not automatically open comment pane

When choosing the Comment tools from the Tool pane, the Tool pane closes and the Comment pane opens automatically. Would be nice to have an option such that the comment pane doesn't automatically open. Most of the time I just want to highlight a few things without typing any actual comments.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In previous versions of Acrobat, in the Comments pane, there was an visual indicator of the color of the comments (comment bubble, lines, circles, highlights, etc.). But in Acrobat DC all the comments look the same. The color changes based on the AUTHOR NAME, which I suppose might be useful for some people, but not for me. The color of the comments in the comments pane needs to reflect the color of the actual comment, as it did in previous versions.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to be able to resize the comment list to a smaller size than currently available. Right now, the minimum width is much too big for my small laptop. It takes up three inches of the width of my screen space. The total width of the screen is 11.5 inches, which leaves not much for the actual document, especially if I'm looking at two-page spreads.

Even when I used a huge 25-inch wide screen I need as much space as possible to compare two documents side by side. The wide comment lists get in the way.

(Both these screens…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why there is no button for "free hand pen marking" !!
    Only there is a button for "Highlight pen" and you can't even change it's size of color !!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please bring back continuous highlighting (you do not have to click the highlight button for each individual highlight).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new toolbar isn't great but I can live with it. However, it FREQUENTLY protrudes over the document when you use a tool with a submenu or the type tool with the font and color options. This is very bad, especially when adding a comment in the margins. Since it is possible to move the toolbar, why not make it possible to orient it horizontally at the top or bottom of the page? That way, it won't obstruct lines in the middle of the document that happen to be close to the edge.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adobe should go back to the previous version. This version of Acrobat is nothing but frustrating. To be kind, the new version is not an improvement.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The rounded edges/sides of highlights have got to go. It boggles my mind that this doesn't seem to be more of an issue to others.

If you highlight a portion of text, the left and right sides of the highlight are shaped such that it both visually and functionally spills over onto the adjacent [un-highlighted] text.

Because of this, the adjacent text is extremely difficult to select; 9/10 times, you end up selecting the highlight element. The resulting markup just looks cartoonish as well.

I’m guessing that implementing a rounded shape for all highlight objects in acrobat, is far more…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I work in several files which all get marked up in a standard format (red boxes with an red x stamp to note issues that need further review or actions to resolve). All the mark ups from all the documents need to be closed before my process is complete. It would be ideal if i could run a query across multiple documents (like a whole batch of folders) on all the comments made with the same criteria options currently available in a single .pdf comment filter and it be packaged in a comment summary file that has links to jump…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the ability to change the pre-defined colors for the highlight tool. Having to highlight first, than go and change the properties of the highlighted text just to replace Adobes forced colors wastes a lot of time

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When filtering comments by ‘completed’ and then actually selecting a comment as having become ‘completed’ it is not removed from the list of visible comments. You need to go to filters, turn it off and back on again to clear the ‘completed’ comments. Very frustrating. It’s worked as intended before this latest update.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to center only selected text within a text box.

For example, I want most of the text to be, say, left justified and then have just a word at the bottom (in this case the word "GLOBAL") be centered.

I could do that in Pro XI. Now that I have Pro DC, if I select part of the text and click on "center," ALL the text centers, not just the text I've selected.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I do a lot of commenting and the commenting tools used to work much better.
    Here are my top wishes:
    1. Instant 'add note to replace text'. It used to work, so that if you highlighted a word or a sentence, all you needed to do was to start writing and the text would appear in a blue comment box.
    2. When reviewing comments in a document, I really need an up and down arrow, so I can jump through all comments one at a time.
    3. Allow for ALL the commenting tools to be available in the main tool…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I use annotated pdfs all day every day to get client edits and apply them in InDesign. I can't tell you (but I will attempt to try) how maddening it is to simply copy text from a comment box to paste into InDesign. Why can I not simply select the text?! I have to double click on the text that I want to copy, which opens a white box around the text. If I then double click again to select the text (without moving the cursor) it closes the box without copying the text! Instead of simply selecting the text…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?