Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

735 results found

1. I use annotated pdfs all day every day to get client edits and apply them in InDesign. I can't tell you (but I will attempt to try) how maddening it is to simply copy text from a comment box to paste into InDesign. Why can I not simply select the text?! I have to double click on the text that I want to copy, which opens a white box around the text. If I then double click again to select the text (without moving the cursor) it closes the box without copying the text! Instead of simply selecting the text…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I recently discovered the new feature in Acrobat Pro DC that allows me to use the highlight tool to highlight "text" in a scanned pdf that has not been ocr'd. I tried to use it today but it would not work. Was the awesome feature removed? If so it should be brought back!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add "VIEW COMMENTS" shortcut to toolbar?
    - Is this gone? I can't seem to find where to add it PERMANENTLY.
    - We use Acrobat for proofing and I have to reopen the "view comments" on EVERY FILE our to see any corrections listed in the comment boxes.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have a 27" monitor and when I enlarge Acrobat to fill the screen, the comments are cut off at the bottom. This happens with all documents. It's like the comment window has a maximum height built into it. It needs to expand all the way.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have to use the Comment Summary really often and we don't have "US Letter". Every single time I have to change "US Letter" to "A4". It would be great if I could save the setting. Now I use "Action Wizard" for this...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After the latest update all the highlighted items (in yellow) were converted to comments. How do I get my highlights back?

Second bug: Your website does not have your business address or proper business contact details. Please update this information so that it is available to the public.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring back the ability to view redaction codes/overlay text in the comments without having to hover mouse over the redactions in document

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Copy/paste of comments between documents does not paste the coments in the new document at the same coordinates.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why doesn't my email signature get used when sending PDF files via Adobe directly

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello,

I'm working as a proofreader and I have used a lot the commenting feature to mark errors and point potential improvements to typesetter working in InDesign.

Especially useful was the feature of typing leading or trailing spaces in comments (e.g., in Add Text or Replace Text features) such that typesetter in InDesign can automatically apply my remarks to the book.

Recently, however, I've discovered that Adobe removed the possibility of leading/trailing whitespaces - see this page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html (and in an attached image).

It is not even possible to disable this "enhancement" somewhere in options. I (and probably a lot…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Your Adobe Acrobat Reader software update to a new screen format SUCKS! This involuntary change is NOT WELCOMED!!! This change is to make using your software more efficient for users I assume. Well, the exact opposite is happening for me. I'm looking around for the old tool setting icons I had a the top of my screen in the previous version for quick & easy access to them and I cannot find them because to deleted some of them. So, now I do not have the tools I need to efficiently use this program. Great Job, NOT! :(

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Truncated files that I now need to recreate - I will be looking for another editor as this update is forcing me to recreate files in a UI where the menuing system is illogical and clunky. You took a well put together product and ruined it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, highlighted text only shows up as "highlighted text" in the comments. Instead, show the text that was highlighted.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I realized today than in acrobat, there is no re-apply or update for the filter on the comments section. I do book editing and things and spend quite a bit of time unsetting and reseting the filter since I get sent 500-1200 edits per document I receive. I would expect to press filer and then to have the option to 'reapply' or 'update' the filter since it isn't a live filter -- which would also be awesome but either would solve the issue I run into.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow you to select a default size on your text boxes so that you do not have to manually resize every time

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We need easy access to multiple highlighting colors! There should multiple highlighters at the top of the page.... or the option to add multiple This truly a basic function and for a product, one has to pay for, there is no excuse!

Please please make this update

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need measurements to be available in feet and inches. Not decimal.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Where did the "auto detect pen hardware to enable markup" go? It was in preferences/commenting/making comments. Without this feature acrobat is worthless for commenting on a touch screen with a stylus. I can't imagine anyone would think it was a good idea to remove, hopefully it is just located somewhere else. Also note, STOP CHANGING the UI!!! This is the last issue I will ever try to resolve. I am sick of having to google how to undo new "features". In the future I will simply move on to a more consistent software.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest update of Acrobat DC, we have modernize the commenting experience and at the same time, made it very clean and intuitive to use. As part of that, the checkbox is moved to the right click menu of the comment.

Open comment>Right Click>Add Checkmark

Please also note that both the sort and filter options are available for the check mark.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and will consider adding the check mark by default for future updates of Acrobat DC.

However there is one workaround to make the checkbox appear in one step by using the keyboard shortcut SHIFT + K .

19. 1) In the old comment pane, there was text that accompanied each entry identifying it as an underline, strikethrough, replacement, or insert. Now, the text identifier is gone and we only have an arcane symbol. This is awful. I work with clients who are less familiar with Acrobat and this only makes it more difficult for them to understand the nature of my comments. Please bring back the text labels that identify comment pane entries as underlines, strikethroughs, replacements, or inserts.

2) You know not everyone uses Acrobat on a collaborative team of a dozen people, right? I use it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Requesting pressure sensitivity on the "Draw Free Form" tool, or a separate draw tool with pressure sensitivity.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?