Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

735 results found

1. i use the pen from the comment tools to write notes, but it is difficult to write with it because it is not smooth, making the writing process very slow

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. [Measuring tool] Please add the ability to change the color of dimension text, similar to the ability to change the color of the dimension leaders & arrows.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The ability to view a summary of all comments while working in Adobe Document cloud. Also the ability/option to hide "resolved" comments. We can mark comments as resolved, but they stay in the list, making things very cluttered. If I could turn on an option that would automatically hide (but not delete) comments once I've marked them as resolved, that would help tremendously as we go through proofreading comments.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. adobe reader dc SUCKS!! it is NOT USER friendly

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. where is the typewriter? I have windows?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PLZ offer a "read mode" that highlighting without a comment pop-up!!!

For many times when I'm reading I'd like to highlight some words but have nothing to comment- however it creates an empty pop-up... When I sometimes have to find out a useful comment I have to go through hundreds of empty comments in the comment list.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can't filter comments. Locks up. Need to force quit. Tried everything. Macbook Pro

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Three problems with the new update on Acrobat, all relating to text-edit comments. 1) Underline, strikethrough, replace, and insert are now represented only by arcane symbols in the comment pane. Before, there used to be the actual words "underline", "strikethrough", "replace", or "insert." Such text labels are gone, and they don't even appear with a mouse-over. This is awful. I work a lot with clients who are less familiar with Acrobat comment functionality, and this only makes it less clear for them. Bring back the text labels for the comment pane entries. 2) You know not everyone uses Acrobat in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Acrobat 9, the "comments" window displayed the COLOR of the corresponding sticky note (there was a small sticky note icon in each window that showed the color of the corresponding note).It was possible to quickly view and navigate to related pages/sections of the PDF even if the page was not directly viewable; I could quickly scan for all comments that were associated with a RED sticky note, or a BLUE one, etc, by simply scrolling through the comments -- it was not necessary to view the actual page of the PDF to check the color of the sticky note.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ctrl+ z action does "Undo" of last activity in adobe writer. However, cursor or screen display does not move to specific location in file where undo has happened. Some time in hurry, we dont even come to know that we have undone some work. Hence, i suggest, undo should take cursor and screen to concerned page similar to excel, word etc.

Kindly check if it is worth enough to consider.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I wish to open the comments pane to open or hide with the click of a button - it is taking up too much room. And in contrast to older versions I can no longer copy any text from the post-it notes (which might be useful if a translator has given a text change that needs to be transferred to a language layout) but have to open the comments pane (with what seems a lengthy way round).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow/Enable the Properties of an 'Add Text' Comment to include 'Appearance' modifiers. e.g., opacity. Similar in function to the 'Add Text Box' Comment objects.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow keyboard shortcuts for highlighting selected text.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After trying to search for names in a 2000+ page PDF document, I discovered that wildcard searches are only available at the folder level, not the document level. In this particular case, the names might or might not include a middle initial so a basic First*Last search is critical. This is old technology that needs to be brought back. We included wildcard searches of documents 35 years ago in software - but they seem to have vanished. It isn't difficult to write the code and test it - especially since Adobe already does it for collections of documents. It just…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How do I highlight test in Reading Mode or Full Screen mode? As far as I see, the highlighting tool (and probably many other tools) switch off in these screen modes and even the pin button does not change this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Third time this week. Working on an existing PDF with commenting tools, and when I go to save, I get the message that the file cannot be saved. Try to save as, as suggested, and get the message that there's a file error, then the text of the file disappears. (Spread in screenshot is two solid pages of text.)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if you could control click the Highlight tool to change the highlighter color and/or highlighted text. I like to use that function to tag different elements in documents and it seems very cumbersome to change colors of the highlight tool so I don't really use it much or I just use one color because you have to go to the color picker (which also disappears if you shrink the window, which I do because I have other non-adobe documents open that I am referencing.)

Thanks for listening!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When typing in a text box ( and im sure others) the various font options popup gets in the way of what I am trying to type. The most frequent place I use text boxes is the top right of a page, which is completely unusable in the updated version of Adobe (which generally sucks in my opinion). This options box cannot be closed while typing in the text box. I have attached a screenshot of what I mean. At the very least this options box needs to be moved or able to be closed while still editing the text…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If I am sorting comments, the group of comments should auto-refresh. If I have 4 unchecked comments and choose sort by checkmark status, all four show up in the top group "Unchecked". But if I then check one of the comments, the group doesn't auto refresh. The now checked comment is still in the Unchecked list. So I have to sort by another method, then sort again by my original method to get the groups to display correctly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I had Adobe Pro 9. I used it at work to add stamps, and markup drawings. My machine was rebuilt and Adobe Standard XI was loaded. Very inefficient software for what I need. I searched for the comparison to XI Pro and am not convinced it is any better.
    Some issues: preloaded stamps cannot be removed, each stamp has to be selected every time (9 would remember the last used), you cannot copy multiple objects using the control button, you cannot save a custom sheet sized when printing (previously you could, issue of width/length for some sizes being backwards still…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?