Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

733 results found

1. I highly dislike the new layout. I have used the "insert (arrow, text box, check mark, etc.)" for years and years. Now I cannot even ADD comments and arrows, etc. I can only "SEND" for comments. I have gone around in circles and even Googled trying to find where the "arrows" are now. I am finding no answers. SO frustrating. I have found nothing that is an improvement, It is just rearranged on the page with things now no longer accessible. Please help!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would love to be able to customize the pop-up that appears when I select text. At present, it offers editing tools, but I don't use those. I use the markup tools, so in addition to the highlight tool I would love to have the "insert text" and "replace text" (or whatever they're now called) there, plus the call-out box. Possibly one or two other tools I use a lot.

This would save me a lot of time as I would not have to mouse over to the toolbar, even though I've added the tools I use most often. Especially…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When highlighting pdf documents the highlighted section will sometime flash to that from another page while i am highlighting. this is very frustrating as cannot see what I am actually highlighting. once i finish, the original text reappears. this has happened on multiple documents on and off. Never happened on the prior version

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to use a keyboard command to post a comment, including adding text, marking text for deletion or adding a stamp.

Hitting command-save to save the doc works, but I might not always want to do that (also, that's not especially intuitive!). Using the mouse to navigate to the "post" button is inconvenient and time consuming.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am an editor and frequently use the PDF mark-up tools, including strikethrough, insert text and especially "replace selected text". In previous versions, these tools were nicely organized in a toolbar across the top of the screen. If you wanted to use one, you simply had to click or highlight within the text as needed, then choose the appropriate tool in the toolbar. The new version consolidates these and other functions in a reduced menu on the left side of the screen. To use any tool, you now have to click a main icon, then choose the desired tool from…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In 2020, Adobe claimed to have provided a fix. But did only half of it. Only for files with existing comments was the Comments toolbar automatically opened.
    But I mark students' scripts all day long. And for every one I have to open the comments toolbar.
    Why cannot I choose to have the comments toolbar automatically opened (or not, or if there are existing comments)?
    Or do you get a cut from RSI physiotherapists?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Truncated files that I now need to recreate - I will be looking for another editor as this update is forcing me to recreate files in a UI where the menuing system is illogical and clunky. You took a well put together product and ruined it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When working with a document in different devices (in my case Android and windows PC devices), the default color palettes for commenting are different. They should be similar to ensure the colors are the same across any device.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. can you add the abilty to add a straight line when using the mobile or ipad version of the app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I enter "ENTER" on a feedback, the comment should submit. TAB also doesn't submit the comment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Acrobat freezes every time after I typing a slash ( / ) in the comment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The previous version of Acrobat commenting was simple and intuitive. You place your cursor and start typing for "insert", highlight and type automatically "replaces", highlight and delete automatically deletes. The new interface is slow, cumbersome, unintuitive and forces you to constantly change tool.

Bring back contextual typing. I've downloaded an older version since this version is useless for comments.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. One used to be able to insert comment to replace text by simply highlighting/selecting it and start typing. Please reinstate! Now I must right-click and select "Add note to replace text". I use this feature a lot when going through my students' work or proofreading, often hundreds of times in a day, and it is taking much longer than it used to with 3 times as many mouse clicks (not good for my arm!).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. BUG - When using the Add Text Comment icon within the left menu bar, copying and pasting normal English text characters from a previously saved .pdf file creates illegible Cyrillic characters in new .pdf paste destination??!! Previous version of Adobe Acrobat has "PASTE PLAIN TEXT" feature (as all the logical Microsoft Office suite products have). Copying & pasting basic file and accounting information on monthly invoices from the last month to the next month. Please have qualified software developer/engineer reincorporate "PASTE PLAIN TEXT".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I probably don't use this feature like many do, but I used to use the 'comment' feature on my touchscreen to annotate notes with a stylus. As a teacher, I like to project the notes I've typed and write on screen with the pen. With the new update, it's hard to find all of the controls to do this. I've managed to find some, but it's not a straightforward.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great to be able to batch edit comments in the Comments pane. For example, to use the Search function and find all comments with something like a common spelling error or incorrect text, then use a Find and Replace function across all the found comments to replace the text with new text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add the insert/replace text annotation tool to ios/ipad version of acrobat!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop telling me every scanned document is editable and posting a 'Start Now' button. If I want to edit it I will go to the menu feature that says 'Edit'. I don't need suggestions every time taking up space on my screen I need to see the document.
    Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Steps to duplicate:
    Chooses Draw freehand from the toolbar.
    Click and draw freehand writing by drawing numbers, dashes and ABCs in between with clicking and unclicking creating non-continuous lines making up the characters.
    Notice that sometimes a Pop-up appears beneath where I am trying to continue for Add note & Delete.

Workaround:
    Wait a few seconds for Add note & Delete pop-up to disappear, or start drawing in a location without the pop-up. (Or revert to old Acrobat experience by choosing Disable new Acrobat from the Menu.)

Windows 11 Pro Build: 22621.2134
    Acrobat Pro Version: 23.3.20284.0 Using New Modern UI

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)