Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. Typing into the text while the comment menu is open usually activates the relevant comment tools (eg. striketrough, add text etc.) but this function seems to be broken since the last update.
    Working like this – having to choose a new tool each time from the menu (three mouse clicks as opposed to no clicks) – is highly frustrating when you use Acrobat for heavy professional editing jobs.
    This is my main use of acrobat. Please fix asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. there is no option to rotate the drawing which i made, like rectangle, oval, polygon, cloud etc. Many a times i need to rotate the figure a bit to make others understand better. Please work on it & make a change in the next update

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I'm reviewing my highlights in the Comments pane and want to highlight something, keyboard clicking U instead creates a new comment. When I first select something and then click U.. it's striken through instead of highlighted? That is the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve!

I have to first cursor-select the Highlight tool to be able to properly keyboard switch again between other tools. I understand that giving U different functions in different contexts makes sense but this very much seems to be a bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After last update (v. 2021.007.20096) checkmarks appear, but do not work, if you have some scripts in folder "JavaScripts" ;-(
    (macOS Mojave)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When save PDF as JPG format, we can see which has comment stickers on it by default, I think it doesn't make sense since JPG format is not the proper way for reviewing all the comments. Maybe it can be a optional setting for comment existing when save as a JPG.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When viewing a document that has comments from a year ago, it would be helpful if the comments had the option to include the year of original posting in order to differentiate. For example, when a document has a comment from July 23, 2020, it only shows as "July 23" within Adobe, making the comment seem more recent.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With the selection tool selected and the comments pane open, you should be able to click and type anywhere in your PDF, and the relevant text edit tool will be applied (strikethrough, replace, insert). This is a great timesaver. On my Mac, though, this works until I press one of the 'problem' keys – such as e, y, i, d, h, j – at which point no mark-up appears and my keyboard is disabled (including the arrow keys) until I close Acrobat and reopen it.
    Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix this bug? It doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adobe needs to stop opening comment pop up box once a PDF is opened. This occurs when I PDF after an AutoCAD drawing. I do not have administrative rights to download a patch or re-download the software. I just need the option to turn off in the Preferences dialogue box.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recently, the highlighter tool would remain selected so that I was able to use it to highlight multiple bits of text without having to select the tool for each thing I wanted to highlight. Now, I must re-select the tool each time, resulting in hundreds of extraneous clicks. How can I get the highlighter tool to stay selected?

This problem only began in the last week or so.

Thanks for your help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have been using Fill & Sign to annotate and mark academic assessment tasks. I noticed that when you click on "Ab" to enter a comment, it remembers previous comments you have entered, which can be very time-saving when you have lots of similar tasks to mark. Here's my question:
    Using this "Ab" commenting tool, can you build up different comment banks over time for different applications, can you upload, download, edit such comment banks, and if so what format of file would you need to use? For example, being able to have a simple text file with comments for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I often need to add dashed lines and arrows in my document, But since there are none of such features I need to use the free hand drawing tool which costs me a lot of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When we create documents in InDesign using interactive buttons, there are usually unmarked annotation errors in Acrobat's accessibility checker. This happens when the buttons are on master pages or when they're not included within the Articles panel.

As well as fixing this, it would be really helpful and time-saving to be able to search for all the unmarked annotations using the search function within the Acrobat Tags panel, and tag them all at once, rather than having to find and tag them one by one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The comments compilation remains as a .pdf only. I want to be able to extract shared review comments to an Excel file for further resolutions to be added outside the review. The .fdf and the .xfdf create garbled data content. The export to Word is also with issues. It does not work.
    Request a feature that will allow export to a flat-file Excel file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please enable the ability to save multiple commenting styles similar to PDF Xchange by Tracker. It is very helpful to have a few different styles set up so I can, for example, use connected line tools to highlight several different things on a drawing in different colors, thickness, opacity.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For a few months now, when I apply superscript format to comment texts, the correct format appears, but only until I save the comment, at which time subscript is applied instead.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I'm in the Comments pane, I want to use shortcut to navigate between the comments (with the comments shown in the context). However, the documented shortcut (Tab/Shift-Tab) is not working. The arrow key (up/down) is working for some parts, but in some cases, pressing Down arrow key goes back to the first comment on the page (or in some case goes to the previous page's comment) instead of moving to the next comment.

Please help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Acrobat automatically groups drawing tool (pencil) marks together, which is sometimes desirable and sometimes not. Why is there no option to right-click and group/ungroup pencil marks like there is for arrows, lines, and shapes? If I want to add a separate comment for each pencil mark, I undo the latest mark(s) and try to "trick" Acrobat by highlighting something or adding a shape, comment, etc. and then adding the second pencil mark. Sometimes this works and sometimes I have to do this multiple times. Then I go back and delete the unwanted highlight/shape/comment. If I create another pencil mark later,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would like an option to keep the comment bar either closed or opened by default when you open any Adobe document.
    Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This has been requested for a long time. Can't be that difficult to implement ...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. your advertising is blocking my use of the subscribed Adobe DC. What am I paying for?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?