Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

735 results found

1. Adobe acrobat needs British English (as opposed to American English)

I am sick of seeing the red line for the following obvious reasons
    behavIOUR
    colOUR
    SummarISE
    etc

American English is not the standard, its a variation on the theme.
    Please add British English to the program

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is the biggest single thing that reduces my productivity in Acrobat DC. So often I need to paste some text from inside the PDF into the comment field. Suppose the text is white font on a black background, what is that going to look like in the comment box? In what universe would retaining the formatting as the default make any sense at all?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A shortcut – ideally a keyboard shortcut – for 'Add Note to Text' would be very helpful for the editors and proofreaders among us. To select the text, right-click and find 'Add Note to Text' is cumbersome when you're using that particular feature more than any other (the Sticky Note is much maligned by designers and reviewers alike for not being specific enough to the text to which it relates).

It would also make lots more sense in the context of the comment-as-you-type functionality for inserting or deleting text, etc. Surely it would be logical to create an equivalent keyboard-centred…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Since InDesign CC2019 has the ability to import PDF comments for quicker apply of text corrections, it would be of enormous help, to be able to change the comment type in Acrobat.

Some proof readers e.g. use the markup comment type to change text. But InDesign doesn’t allow the markup comment type to be executed with a simple klick on »Apply«.
    Or they use »delete text« comment type, althought they wanted to change text. But in InDesign »delete text« simply deletes, but doesn’t insert the comment’s text.

So if I’d be able to change the type of a comment easily,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are tooltips on all software helpers, which you can activate or not. But when it comes to making a tooltip yourself, nothing allows it ... When we have small references on a text (for example by exposing, 1, 2, ...), this it would be really useful to be able to introduce the possibility of adding a tooltip there when the mouse passes over the small number. Currently, it's impossible, or a real hassle !!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Highlight feature not working properly. It selects a large chunk of the page to highlight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When we add a COMMENT there is a DATE attached. If we go back to the comment and have to make follow up notes, the DATE changes. It should NOT change. We need to see ORIGINAL comment dates. We need the option to keep the ORIGINAL comment date and make follow up comments inside the original without changing the DATE

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [Measuring tool] Please add the ability to change the color of dimension text, similar to the ability to change the color of the dimension leaders & arrows.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Grays are too close to each other. A choice would be good. I raised this years ago and got a reply saying 'good idea we will pursue this'.

Very difficult to see which comment you are on if you have 200 etc

Please sort asap

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I ask my clients to provide edits via PDF comments. Even as a person with normal vision, it is hard to tell which comment bubble is presently active (e.g. via clicking on a comment in the side panel). On images or busy pages it can become like an advent calendar search. The contrast of the bubble background and its dotted border are inadequate (even with opacity set to 100). Contrast between inactive and active (selected) comment bubble needs to be vastly improved, perhaps by size and not just colour.

I would use the PDF comments import in InDesign instead but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. THIS ADOBE SUCKS! KEEP IT SIMPLE WILL YA?!! I JUST SPENT HOURS TRYING TO PUT THE "LETTERS DIRECTLY IN THE BOX", INPUTTING ANSWERS , ETC.. ONLY TO HAVE IT ALL ERASED AND LOST! ALL ANSWERS DID NOT SAVE AND YOU MAKE IT VERY VERY HARD FOR 50 YR OLDS AND UP WHO NEVER HAD COMPUTERS TO SIMPLY FILL OUT A DOCUMENT! ENOUGH ALREADY! JESUS IS COMING SOON, SO NONE OF YOUR TECHNICAL WIZ KID FINDINGS MATTER!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE ANYWAY, SO MAKE THIS EASY ON PEOPLE! ID RATHER WRITE THESE FORMS OUT IN HANDWRITING WHICH WOULD BE…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Summary:
    Selection boxes disappear when one of the selected annotations is a line--Upon moving the multiple selection with a cursor, any annotation selected before the last line annotation was selected will not have a blue selection box. This creates a very confusing user experience because it looks like you're only moving the line annotation.

Steps to reproduce issue:
    - Select multiple annotations
    - Include a line annotation in the multiple selection
    - Click and drag the selection

Expected result:
    - All selected annotations should have a blue selection box representing the move

Observed result:
    - Only the last selected line…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please make commenting fonts lockable so that when you share a PDF, someone else can see your comments in a specific font. The default font (Segoe) is not great for in-depth text editing, as some characters, like curly quote marks and apostrophes, are not as easily distinguishable from their straight counterparts as they would be in serif fonts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Apparently the new interface does not allow you to select, and keep selected, text comments. ALso, you can no longer make window selections to select multiple text comments at one time. Also, you cannot keep text selected, or have the option to double click to edit text. This new interface has tripled the time it takes for me to comment on documents. Please give US the option of how we want to handle selections!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This would be great for making visual annotations that can be easily printed and used elsewhere, without requiring a color printer. When I make annotations in a book or text on paper, I use circling and underlining, and it would be awesome to do this in Acrobat as well!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. According to the PDF spec it's possible to create coloured annotations which are non-RGB. However, when you create i.e. a CMYK annotation, Acrobat takes the first three values and interprets them as RGB. I.e. [1 0 0 0] results in red instead of cyan, see attached example.
    Interestingly, Preflight validates the document so somewhere in the company the knowledge is available.
    The goal should be that annotations are displayed correctly independent of how many colour channels are there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Combine four separate actions - copy, highlight, open pop-up note, paste copied text into note - into one keystroke action. Or alter the 'Add Note to Text' option to include the selected text within the note as opposed to it just being a highlight. This way the highlighted portion will be included in comments summary reports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I work in several files which all get marked up in a standard format (red boxes with an red x stamp to note issues that need further review or actions to resolve). All the mark ups from all the documents need to be closed before my process is complete. It would be ideal if i could run a query across multiple documents (like a whole batch of folders) on all the comments made with the same criteria options currently available in a single .pdf comment filter and it be packaged in a comment summary file that has links to jump…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I realized today than in acrobat, there is no re-apply or update for the filter on the comments section. I do book editing and things and spend quite a bit of time unsetting and reseting the filter since I get sent 500-1200 edits per document I receive. I would expect to press filer and then to have the option to 'reapply' or 'update' the filter since it isn't a live filter -- which would also be awesome but either would solve the issue I run into.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please allow user selections in the Create Comment Summary window to be sticky so the chosen options don't have to reset them each time the window is opened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?