Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

735 results found

1. In our day-to-day work, we have documents that are required to be signed on each page (or at least stamped on each page). My current work-around is that I have loaded a 'stamp' into the initials field in Adobe DC and use this to identify each page in a report that I issue.

An example is attached which shows the green coloured "Audit Identified Only" stamp on the top right of each page. This 'stamp' has been applied as a signature (using initials) on each page.

It would be useful to have someway of 'stamping' or 'signing' each page with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. this version SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cannot do the same as before. whoever came up with this should be FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Strikethrough lines to mark text deletions and text revisions use only one line width that cannot be changed. The lines can be difficult to spot, especially when a full page is viewed or when the line's color blends with the text's color or the font's stroke width and the line's width are similar. With newer monitors having higher resolutions or graphics processors providing finer lines, strikethrough lines can appear very differently from the editor's monitor to the reader's monitor. A viewer's vision limitations should also be considered.
    Bottom line, allow strikethrough line width to be set to something higher than…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ver 18.011.20058 continually freezes while highlighting. Any changes made are lost if not saved before freezing. Happens across multiple machines. Only way to restart editing is to use task manager and kill the process then reopen losing the changes made.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to be able to have a default setting for the review date. I want to have no deadline for 95% of all my cases. But every single time I need to manually set it to no deadline.

Also I have noticed that I get error message when trying to open the adobe tracker icon if acrobat is not on. So I need to click ok on both before I can open the tracker inside acrobat. But if Acrobat is up an running it works.
    I have reinstalled Acrobat but the error comes back after a while.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The comments pane takes up WAY too much space. I would like the ability to customize what I see there.

Currently in the Comments pane, it display the:

-Author Name
    -Type of Comment
    -Text within the pop-up note
    -Date and Time

Sometimes all of this information is useful, but most of the time, I don't need to see all that! It is a waste of screen space. I would like the ability to show to only those options which I need. In this case, I just want to see what is in the pop-up note, nothing more.

We can customize…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I've made rectangles and arrows in addition to verbal comments to indicate placement changes on page layouts for locked PDFs from an overseas production vendor (I think the requests were getting lost in translation). It would have been much easier to create/reference a dummy page with low resolution or lightened placeholders that I could have adjusted. And it would be a bonus if those placeholders referenced the original objects for the changes to be accepted/applied by the owner of the PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When highlighting in the newest version of Acrobat Pro, one may select the highlight feature and then highlight the text, just as one would do with a physical highlighter. When using the "Insert text at cursor" feature, however, one must first place the cursor in the desired location and then select the insert text feature. This seems inconsistent with the highlight feature. I don't recall this being the case in the previous version and I'm having trouble getting use to the change. (One of many.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I respectfully suggest you consider enhancing Acrobat DC’s current annotation and highlighting tools to enable users to markup documents directly and instantly and do so without putting your users through Acrobat DC’s 28 tool / function menus.

I have been using Acrobat extensively for over 20 years and have a continuous need to annotate a wide range of PDF documents – legal, financial and technical and more. My annotation needs are both textual and graphic. While I remain loyal to Adobe Acrobat, I find Acrobat DC’s current annotation and highlight tools visually weak, limited in graphic capabilities and VERY timer-consuming…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow the text box to be rotated

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When I have a selection in an insertion and try using the Text Properties bar to change the font size, the focus regularly jumps away, the font size changes on its own, and/or the selected text deselects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Is there a way to make this happen? I also tried exporting the pdf to Word and there was still no way to make the change happen automatically. I guess I should have exported the entire document to Word in the first place and done all my edits there. Now I have over 500 edits to insert by hand -- double the work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I recently discovered the new feature in Acrobat Pro DC that allows me to use the highlight tool to highlight "text" in a scanned pdf that has not been ocr'd. I tried to use it today but it would not work. Was the awesome feature removed? If so it should be brought back!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be great to have multiple colors or options so you can highlight different topics and organize your note making.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please consider a stamp that has a checklist included. This will allow teachers around the world to mark effectively. The custom stamp will relate to the criteria marked. The checkbox stamp will have custom skills to award the mark to the criteria.

Thank you
    Sean Udal - Shalom College Australia

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Each comment in the column on the right hast to be opened to be checked with done (check mark). But then the answer-field is opening and the answering field of the former comment will be closed. When the checkmark is not set, the comment is always shifting a bit up. That makes a work with 500 corrections really bumpy/uneasy.
    The size of each comment is also too big. In the former version there were 17 comments on one screen, now there are just 9 comments!
    Make one comment without opening and smaller and more clearly arranged without moving!!

In the…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The original issue reported in the main thread is resolved by giving a preference for checkbox in the latest release. The other issue reported by Ian Davis is under our radar and we will let the user know if we pick it for future release.

18. Ctrl+ z action does "Undo" of last activity in adobe writer. However, cursor or screen display does not move to specific location in file where undo has happened. Some time in hurry, we dont even come to know that we have undone some work. Hence, i suggest, undo should take cursor and screen to concerned page similar to excel, word etc.

Kindly check if it is worth enough to consider.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It should be possible to copy the text easily from a highlight. Right now, this is almost impossible. (One had to switch to the Edit tool). Why not create a Copy Highlight item in the context menu. Or, when one clicks on and selects a highlight, why not simply let CMD-C do the job?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I wish to open the comments pane to open or hide with the click of a button - it is taking up too much room. And in contrast to older versions I can no longer copy any text from the post-it notes (which might be useful if a translator has given a text change that needs to be transferred to a language layout) but have to open the comments pane (with what seems a lengthy way round).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?