Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

733 results found

1. Previous versions of Acrobat had the ability to align text comments. Would you please return this feature? Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow keyboard shortcuts for highlighting selected text.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have to use the Comment Summary really often and we don't have "US Letter". Every single time I have to change "US Letter" to "A4". It would be great if I could save the setting. Now I use "Action Wizard" for this...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 Copyedits made in a comment format are nearly impossible to copy and paste
    2 Receive PDF with comments.Select text in comment, either in popup window or in sidebar list, and copy to clipboard. Check clipboard contents: empty.
    3 Any version of DC, Mac platform. Have deleted files, the application, all Adobe software, reinstalled. Created new user profile. Purchased a NEW COMPUTER and installed DC. The problem is OS-, file- and device-independent.
    4 Expected result: copying text would result in it being copied to the clipboard.
    5. Observed result: nothing is copied. Has been the case since the initial release…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Everything is a bug in this latest update. Adobe DC is for "Destroying Careers". Slow, unstable and the sticky notes feature is the worst ever. I am reading and copying text from the sticky notes and this happens:

The yellow boxes shakes, like a vibration.
    The text on it are over an yellow background and when you do the action: select + copy, it simply "enters" the text and replaces the background by a white one and you have to SELECT AGAIN. :(

When you finally discover that you have to select the text again, if you accidentally moves the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Acrobat 9, it was very easy to mark a comment as checked. You simply right-clicked on it and chose "Mark with Checkmark." Alternatively, there were also two different places in the Handy Commenting Toolbar to mark the comment as checked.

Sadly, in Acrobat X and going forward, the right-click > Mark as Checked feature was removed, as was the handy Commenting toolbar. So now the only way to mark something as checked is in the giant comment list (which is now by default vertical, as opposed to horizontal.

Instead, Acrobat has moved the only option for commenting over to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I know how to set a default color for highlighting, and how to select from multiple colors. HOWEVER, I would like to be able to assign each color a name (ex. Dark blue = Main arguments. Light blue = supporting info. Green = Concepts). I would like these color and titles to appear in a key that I could continue to choose from easily. Then I would like to be able to search by color/issue. (Ex. If I searched for green/concepts it would show me all the text highlighted in green together). As a student and a professional this would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am trying to edit a scanned in PDF in which i highlight the necessary details as i put them into an autocad drawing. Every time i need to move around the page it is choppy, and every time i want to highlight one detail, the software stops and has to load (sometimes saying 'Not Responding') and takes anywhere from 5 to almost 30 seconds to recognize the command i want, and execute it, every. single. time. This is ridiculous, and wastes useful time in completing my work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So hard to use and wastes so much of my time looking for things.
    I just need the preview/navigator on the side so I can rotate or crop and a highlighter in the tools and the hand to move the page around. Every time I open a file it defaults back to nothing I can use. Please bring back version 10

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add "VIEW COMMENTS" shortcut to toolbar?
    - Is this gone? I can't seem to find where to add it PERMANENTLY.
    - We use Acrobat for proofing and I have to reopen the "view comments" on EVERY FILE our to see any corrections listed in the comment boxes.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How do I highlight test in Reading Mode or Full Screen mode? As far as I see, the highlighting tool (and probably many other tools) switch off in these screen modes and even the pin button does not change this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. you need a WHITEOUT button. Nitro has it can't believe DC doesn't

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In a previous version of Acrobat (I believe it was version 9) it was possible to filter comments by color. Please bring back this feature, it was one of the most useful features of Adobe Acrobat. As a technical author, I need to add lots of different comments that are directed to different people. Some are only relevant for the illustrators, some for the developers, others for fellow writers, etc.
    Sometimes I also categorize the status of comments by color. E. g.:
    - green --> done
    - orange --> needs some clarification
    - red --> can't/won't be done

Without the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Click Send for Shared Commenting and follow the steps in wizard to add a note and recipients, and so on. When complete, the message appears that the email is created in the email program, but the email is never created. Usually it would appear in the Outbox, and could be sent. Nothing ever appears.

As a workaround, I tried to "send file, attach to email' to send the review enabled pdf. The email opens with the pdf attached, and i sent. First time i got an error that the file could not be found, and the email was not sent.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why there is no button for "free hand pen marking" !!
    Only there is a button for "Highlight pen" and you can't even change it's size of color !!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After the latest update all the highlighted items (in yellow) were converted to comments. How do I get my highlights back?

Second bug: Your website does not have your business address or proper business contact details. Please update this information so that it is available to the public.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please bring back continuous highlighting (you do not have to click the highlight button for each individual highlight).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When a select a comment (annotation) in a pdf's page, his correspondance in the comment list is highlight and show in the bottom of the list.
    Is there a way to change that (like all other Acrobat before!!). So when you select the comment his correspondance is show first in the comment list?
    I don't know why that change in Acrobat DC, but it it makes my job really complicated....

Lorsque je sélecte un commentaire ou annotation dans une page d'une pdf, sa correspondance dans la liste de commentaires devient en couleur et se place en bas de la liste…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After trying to search for names in a 2000+ page PDF document, I discovered that wildcard searches are only available at the folder level, not the document level. In this particular case, the names might or might not include a middle initial so a basic First*Last search is critical. This is old technology that needs to be brought back. We included wildcard searches of documents 35 years ago in software - but they seem to have vanished. It isn't difficult to write the code and test it - especially since Adobe already does it for collections of documents. It just…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am trying to move my colleagues away from .docx to .pdf. Unfortunately we often have to review older version of a file that has been modified. How can we do this in DC? Can we?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?