Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

733 results found

1. The freeform highlighter tool is accessible in commenting mode and normal view mode, but disappears in full-screen and reverts to a text-only highlighter. For large scanned documents, it would be great if the existing freeform highlighter tool could be used in full-screen mode via the existing Shift-U shortcut.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a commenter receives activity or feedback on a comment, an option for notifications should be available. The commenter should be emailed on the activity. This saves time from having to use email to discuss simple matters, and an assurance that all parties are acknowledged.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is still an issue in 2022. It is almost impossible to work on a file with more than 1000 comments; it is very slow, lags, and freezes. When you open 2 files with more than 1000 comments, Acrobat can't handle it anymore. It will stop working; it leads to: "(Not Responding)" forcing the user to quit Acrobat.

I have tried all the possible fixes/solutions and workarounds, but they do not work.
    Our office uses fast laptops: Intel i7, 32GB RAM, and an NVIDIA Quadro T1000 for the graphics card.

When could we expect a resolution for this?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We need a way to automatically hide the Comments pane that pops up on the right-hand side of a PDF with comments without asking users to manually change their Adobe preferences.

I create PDF deliverables for a living and there have been situations where a client wants me to embed documents in a PDF via the Comment Tool, but they don't want the Comment pane to open when their employees or customers open the PDF.

I have attached a screenshot of the Adobe Preference window. The preferences outlined in red are the ones that control the Comment pane pop-up. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I had started adding comments to a long form document in Acrobat DC on Windows desktop and saved the document to my Document Cloud. Everything appeared to have synced.

Later, I accessed the same document on my Chromebook using the Acrobat app (logged into my account). The comments WERE synced and I proceeded as expected, and added more comments.

Another day, I reopened the document back on my Windows desktop machine and I believe all of the comments thus far had been synced. I proceeded through the document and continued adding more comments. Each time the document was saved, it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adobe can do better with the Markup tool as more people are transitioning to digital. I used to use Bluebeam and mark up drawings for review. I'm using Adobe now and I cannot change the text size inside the Text Callout that I drew. How inconvenience is this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When creating a new sticky note, it is either created on the previous or on the next page, but not on the page I wanted to create it. Please fix this issue asap, because I need a reliable pdf-application for work, otherwise I meed night to look for alternatives after years of satisfactory work with AAR.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please create a feature where you can change settings so you can choose your default for opening and viewing documents. This way you have the option of Landscape or Portrait. Currently, you only have the option of Portrait, then you must edit to Landscape. It causes projects to be cut apart, and you're unable to move pieces from one page to another. This would be the best alternative, especially when working with Excel spreadsheets. Thank you so much for taking the time to look over my suggestion. I hope you find it useful as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Our QA/QC process requires checkmark stamps of different colors placed in close proximity to each other and the original markup. When applying stamps, the tool often selects other stamps in the vicinity. Would be nice to go through a document that contains stamps and comments, and add the final "good to go" checkmark without the tool keep trying to select stuff already in the doc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When marking up PDFs, some clients want text to be immediately visible "on the page," i.e., in Callouts and Text Boxes vs. added with the less easy to see Insert Text at Cursor or Replace Text functions. Sometimes the text I need to add is just a single comma or hyphen, but the default bounding box size is much larger, and resizing these by hand is time-consuming. I'd like an option to fit bounding boxes to their contents without having to edit box sizes by hand. (Text Boxes autofit if you click and drag with the Text Box tool selected…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My comment (e.g. add text box) will be removed without my control in some occasion when I edit the comment or add a new one. This type of problem has happen a lot of time in the past one to two months.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new themes available are very distracting for commenting on documents. Please allow us to revert to something more closely resembling the Acrobat XI theme, or at least allow for something between the Light Gray and Dark Gray display themes, so attention can be more focused on the page instead of the tools. Also please allow the comment sidebar to be made more narrow, as it takes up about 1/3 of a view when viewing two files on a single screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I use the backspace key in commenting to strike thru text. Sometimes when I do this, the strike-thru shows up as a blue line and it is connected to a previous insertion. I can get it to work if I click on the strikethru text icon on the toolbar, but I'd rather it work when I use the keyboard shortcut.

In the attached file, you can see where two sets of text are connected to the same insertion, making it hard to tell where I want text replaced.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The name of the comment field sometimes changes to the old account name when using the shortcut to comment. ((macOS) command + 6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When Replace Text is selected and a relevant portion of text is highlighted, a comment box doesn't automatically open up. If I choose this icon my aim is to replace the text, so why wouldn't a pop-up open automatically (or at least have an option to turn said feature on in settings/preferences)? Annoyingly, I need to right click and manually open the pop-up. Please fix or explain how I enable this feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Unfortunately, I cannot change the thickness of my added underlined or strike-through. The symbol for different thickness in the toolbar is greyed out.
    I also would appreciate two different symbols for underlining; one for straight lines, the other for squiggly lines.
    I used FoxitReader before and must say that the way to place comments seems to me better solved there. Maybe something similar could be added in Adobe Acrobat Reader?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want the ability to end a "Shared Review" (to prevent new comments from coming in) yet still have access to the comments after I've closed a review to additional comments.

Currently, I have to leave Shared Reviews open until I've cleaned up/followed-up on each of the comments reviewers have left or else the comments disappear.

I don't like the options for saving/printing/outputting the comments to paper or files; they're not nearly as useful as having it all right in Acrobat Pro with the tools I normally use.

Please add the feature to close a shared review to new comments…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The measurement tool lacks any ability to change the text font, size, and color for measurement labels, the default is not sufficient especially because it tends to glitch and turn from an Ariel type font to a very spaced out Courier font which is not convenient for measuring small distances, the perimeter and area measure tool should also enable text callouts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since a few Versions, we (on macOS) cannot check the checkboxes on comments. When we do, another comment appears (each time we click) stating that the checkbox has been checked (but it does not show ith checked).
    When working with hundreds of comments, often using from different computers, it is imperative to know, which ones have been dealt with and which ones have not.
    Please fix the checking of the comments (and have a look into why those only work for the computer they have been checked and are not being displayed correctly on other machines!).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want to do a Shared Review, but I do NOT want to use Document Cloud to do it because the commenting functions are so limited.

Why not revamp the Send for Shared Commenting to include Dropbox/Box/Google Drive?

The original Send for Shared commenting including WebDav, Network folder, and Sharepoint, but it was designed about a decade ago, long before cloud storage services became so popular.

Since Dropbox lets multiple users have read/write access to a folder, it would be great to incorporate that functionality into Acrobat Shared Reviews. Users can already open and save files to and from a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?