Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. A feature that allows users to long click/press the highlight/underline/strikethrough tool upon selecting text.
    Upon long clicking/pressing it, it should show around 5 different color options (user's top/most recent) to highlight the selected text.

This would help users avoid navigating to the toolbar every single time just to change the highlight color.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have been using Adobe products for Graphic Design and Publishing work for many years, and for most of it my co-workers and I have stuck to paper printouts and pencils for markup. Now that we're all working from home, we're relying on Acrobat and PDF markup tools and I'm so frustrated by how unintuitive this program is, compared with InDesign, which I use on a daily basis. I am used to switching from one tool to another with keystrokes that are deep in muscle memory, and I can use them in one way or another when I open Photoshop.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Individual, multiple text highlights are created one after another and some can become automatically grouped, making it impossible to go back and delete just one of the highlights. Please offer the option to ungroup the highlights.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would love to be able to create several shapes together so that I could move them together and resize all the shapes in the group at the same time. I do this in Word 2016 and would be awesome to do it in Acrobat Pro DC. I also can not believe that there aren't much more shapes to choose from like in the Word 2016 shape palette. Like a star, or "{ }", see attached file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OS: Windows10
    Version: Acrobat DC continuous Release 2020.013.20074 (ja_JP)

Step to reproduce.
    1. Switch to the annotation tool and select the text on the PDF.
    2. Start typing from the keyboard and enter the correction details to open a window and display the input details. Click Text Properties and specify a superscript for the text in the window.
    3. When we press the post button, it will be reflected in the list of annotations, but the superscript part will change to subscript.

This bug exists only on Windows. Superscripts are reflected normally on macOS.

Expected result
    Superscripts are displayed normally…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In share mode add "add text" button in comments section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reviewers on separate forms, comments can:
    go to ... > Set Status > then select Accepted, Cancelled, Completed, Rejected.
    Reviewers in share mode are even more limited:
    ... > Resolve
    These are inconvenient paths to say you agree with something, also all these words imply finality rather then collaborative thinking.
    Option 2: Reply by writing out the words.
    When going over a 100+ page document with as many comments writing a full reply is time consuming.

Adding a thumbs up emoji/icon or even give a stamp option inside of the reply that says agree (regardless of the review type) would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Would be very helpful instead of clicking through a hundret sub-menus, which is very time consuming if you have a lots of changes to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi, I copy paste here a conversation I had yesterday with one of your help service agent (chat). It makes it quicker than re-writing everything. In summary, the automatic file saving failed on me. Indeed, when Adobe Acrobat DC software crashed, I had to close it and when reopening it, it said unable to reopen 3 of the files. I was not too worried since I had saved the most important doc under a new name one hour or so before and would have to redo just a few revision comments. But to my surprise, when I opened it, although…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adobe acrobat and indesign, without flash player, are not so powerful and as attractive as before. Everything looks so plain and regular, animation and rich media oftentimes aren't working properly or worked at all. It's the opposite of progress.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I was done with the comments window, not with the document! Please change this to close or preferably let us close the way we always have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when importing a custom png stamp that has clear background, it now presents as black and opaque instead of clear. This functionality used to work, and it now is broken. This appears to be effective for PNG or TIFF files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I log into my work account and when I create a comment, it's listed under my boss's name instead of my name.
    Contact me for more info.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a PDF with the image of the human body that I would like tossed to my clients that they can circle with the oval or draw annotation tool to indicate where on their body they are experiencing pain. They should not have to know how to open the commenting tool and find the oval or drawing function. I want it to be in place ready for them to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Text entered using the Commenting feature shows up with some level of transparency less than 100% - I would guess it is 50-60% transparent. And I can't adjust it to show 100%. in order to get 100% black or colored text, I need to use the Editing feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A file may have many types of comments, many colors, many authors, etc. If one wants to hide only one variety (e.g., the color red), one has to select all but the red dot and then press the Apply button for the filtered selections.
    This would be simpler if one could select only the red dot and press a new Exclude button/function. Further, Apply and Exclude could be combined to mimic an electrical (ON | OFF) switch.

For very large files with many comments, filtering consumes a lot of time. For shared files on servers, the time is magnified by…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have an existing comment, and I use ... Copy Text to copy it.

Then I go to another part of my PDF file, select the text and right click to use "Add Note to Text". In the comment text box, I right click and choose Paste Text (or alternatively, I press CTRL-V to use the default Windows "paste" mechanism).

My new comment ends up with the copied comment text PLUS an extra carriage return (cursor is on a newline). That is NOT what I wanted! Why does it add the extra carriage return? If I am just trying to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For a few months now, when I apply superscript format to comment texts, the correct format appears, but only until I save the comment, at which time subscript is applied instead.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I copied the following because this user said it better than me...except he was referencing Reader, not Acrobat Pro. I am an Acrobat Pro DC subscriber. I relied on this feature in Pro 8.1 until recently upgrading.

COPIED: I almost always use adobe ACROBAT in exactly the same way: I mostly read scientific papers and use the comment tools to highlight and/or make notes for myself. This means that almost every time I open up ACROBAT, I will want the comment tools open and it's irritating to have to re-open the comment tools every single time. #FirstWorldProblems I know, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?