Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

735 results found

1. If a document has highlights, comments and notes to replace text it is clear the document needs to be saved in order to retain those comments. Why then, if you accidentally close this document is there no prompt "do you want to save your changes"? As soon as a document has been commented on/changed, there should be a prompt like this. If there has been no change, no prompt is needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello,
    Concerning the floating black tool bar that shows up when text is selected, it currently has only 5 functions (Highlight, Underline, Strike through, Copy & Edit text-images).
    My requests:
    1. Kindly make it customizable, so that users can add whatever buttons they like.
    2. Especially, make it such that users can add anything from 3-5 highlighters of different colors, so that I will not have to go through the tedious task of changing the color of the highlighter each time I want it changed.
    3. Kindly allow the "Add note to text" icon there either by default or as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. At the beginning I like that the comment bar shows every comment on a page as an individual element, which I find to be very useful for long, distinctive comments. However it gets less handy when it comes to minor comments, such as highlighting important words on a page. Each word highlighted, or to say, each mark you’ve made on that page will be shown as an individual comment under the comment section of the page, making the comment list unnecessarily long. I think it would be nice to be able to group or merge some comments together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. i hate that you changed everything, especially took away the tools that provided a box with an arrow that put text insside, and the eraser

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I ask my clients to provide edits via PDF comments. Even as a person with normal vision, it is hard to tell which comment bubble is presently active (e.g. via clicking on a comment in the side panel). On images or busy pages it can become like an advent calendar search. The contrast of the bubble background and its dotted border are inadequate (even with opacity set to 100). Contrast between inactive and active (selected) comment bubble needs to be vastly improved, perhaps by size and not just colour.

I would use the PDF comments import in InDesign instead but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow custom position and size for comments bar to allow multiscreen editing (InDesign on one screen with comments, Acrobat document on other screen).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe acrobat needs British English (as opposed to American English)

I am sick of seeing the red line for the following obvious reasons
    behavIOUR
    colOUR
    SummarISE
    etc

American English is not the standard, its a variation on the theme.
    Please add British English to the program

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Opening multiple Acrobat windows on separate displays causes problems with the resolution calculation in the comments panel, if the screen scaling is different for the two screens.

I'm using the latest release version of Windows 10 Professional, and one panel is 3840 x 2160 at 150% scaling, and the other is 1920 x 1080 at 100% scaling. Acrobat is Acrobat Pro DC 2020.006.20042.

Ordinarily Acrobat rescales correctly as you move windows between screens, but the comments panel seems to have an application-wide display scaling (unlike the rest of the UI) and whichever screen you use most recently ALSO changes the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include a highlighting tool that doesn't show up as a comment. We use the highlighter to indicate values that have been reviewed, but it makes the comment summary and the comment window very cluttered. It would be nice if we could either exclude highlighting from the comment window or generated comment summary or have a separate tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add in Stamp (of an actual stamp that been created) shortcut to the tool bar where you can set its default properties (Size etc opacity) for when that instance has been added to a page, and then what happens next ie is it pinned or does it revert. This gives flexibility for handling large number of document or just a small amount. Being able to save a couple of clicks everytime would be a big help and something I think would improve a lot of peoples work flows. Thank you. Gabi

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. at the same location from previous page when selecting a text block and try to highlight it, switches to previously highlighted text in previous page and change the whole text block to that previous text.
    if ( Text in page 2) highlighted it will change to (text in page 1) in order to reverse this need to change the page and back again until it works
    also, the selected text disappear after finishing from selecting along with the options that appears after selection.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Previous versions of Acrobat would hide comments when their status changed and no longer matched the current filter. Can we bring this back? It makes doing corrections so much easier.

Video for reference:
    youtu.be/lJzoj9hgbCA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Highlight feature not working properly. It selects a large chunk of the page to highlight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. According to the PDF spec it's possible to create coloured annotations which are non-RGB. However, when you create i.e. a CMYK annotation, Acrobat takes the first three values and interprets them as RGB. I.e. [1 0 0 0] results in red instead of cyan, see attached example.
    Interestingly, Preflight validates the document so somewhere in the company the knowledge is available.
    The goal should be that annotations are displayed correctly independent of how many colour channels are there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The bookmark tool only allows you to change the colourt of the text and not the background colour.

It would be useful to be able to have say yellow tabs with black text

It would be useful to have simple coloured bookmarks which operate like coloured tabs in level arch files. These can mark out a particular top eg jet engine fan blade orders

In addition these can be nested sorted/arranged if necessary with secondary labels/hidden text which appears when you hover over them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Acrobat 20.6.20034.366983 on Mac OSX 10.14.6

Open a PDF with comments and select comment pane.

Select a comment with the cursor.

Press shift-K. The comment's checkbox should be checked.

Instead, nothing happens.

Press down arrow to move to next comment. The checkbox gets checked.

The reverse also holds true--when using the keyboard to uncheck a comment, the checkmark doesn't get cleared until you navigate off the comment.

In the video, the box is getting checked only when I hit the down arrow key and move to the next comment. You can also see the reverse, except one time (the comment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Buy a dictionary or, better yet, use your iPad to lookup the meaning of ANY. On your website it says DC pro WORKS ON ANY DEVICE.

There are millions of these new things called tablets sold every year (for the last 10 years) Send someone from marketing back to elementary school to learn about ANY. When they get to law school, attend the class on false and misleading. REALLY disappointed with Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For work I use multiple tools to add comments to PDFs. I have created a custom tool set with the tools I need to use the most. We are required to use specific colors depending on what we are commenting on. It would make it so much easier if I could make custom sets (all with the tools I use) and have each one be different color schemes.

A few examples of this are below:

Custom Tool Set #1
    Highligher – Color/Green
    Text Box – Border/Red; Fill/Green; Text Color/Blue
    Arrow – Color/Green
    Rectangle – Color/Green

Custom Tool Set #2
    Highligher…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For power users and quick use, add an option to pin comment bar and or other toolbars to the top.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is possible to highlight text, but not enter anything in the comment box (no need to in my case). Eventually, the comment box locks in place and you can't close it.
    Workaround: save and close the document and re-open it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?