Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

735 results found

1. Please provide an option to keep a stamp selected to use multiple times in a row. For instance, I use stamps to place checkmarks on documents and I have to click the stamp each time I want to place it as it deselects after every placement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can achieve this by pin tool option.
    Please find the steps:
    -Open any PDF
    -Load comment app
    -Click on Stamp tool icon and then click on any stamp —> Stamp gets selected
    -Click on the pin tool icon(see the attached snapshot for reference)
    -Now apply stamp, it will not get deselected.

Kindly let us know if it helps or you need more info.

Regards,
    Arvind Yadav

2. (checked) checkmarks should be visible for others that open the file > that way you can share which comments are done and which are not.
    Orrr make the status more accessible so you don't have to right click / drop down to check it. If you have over 100 comment to check it is too tedious a job :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In one of the last updates, the password security has changed from allowing one to copy and paste the password into the dialogue box to requiring a manual typing of the password. When putting the password into a document for the client to open, there is always a chance to type the incorrect password and the document cannot be opened. When the document cannot be opened, I do not know what has changed from the proposed password. Having a copy and paste assures that the password in the document sent to the client is also the one securing the attached…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Other apps write very smoothly. Even the Apple Pencil on Acrobat on iPad isn't that bad, but the Surface pen on a desktop is so ugly that I can't share it with clients/customers. Please fix!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide ability to hide the Tools Pane to increase the field of content.
    I review and markup engineering drawings and other documents. Some of these are quite large. I need the maximum amount of content in the window. As long as I can access the comment menu in the tool bar above, I have what I need.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi to all

A translating tool is definitely a must. At present I have to export to word, translate, copy, paste and edit. The same goes for high versions of correction tools.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When editing a text box the text does not provide a preview of what it will look like at a certain width with the text wrap. This is a feature Bluebeam has that makes it quick and easy to see how the text box will appear as you adjust the size, saving time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am working with Linde Engineering India (Linde AG) as Engineering consultant. Our daily routine job is to review various suppliers' documentation to meet the client requirement. Supplier submits the document which we review in .pdf using commenting tool. Previously we were using Acrobat 9 for this in Windows7. Now we are using Windows 10 for last more than 1 year and in that, we are only allowed to use Acrobat standard DC Version 2015.006.30033. In this Adobe Acrobat version, we are not able to edit the comments made by our peers / sub-ordinates before sending it back to Supplier

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,
    This is as per the current design, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Could you please let us know if you are unlocking comments one by one.
    Kindly take a note that you can unlock many/all comments in one go after selecting them in RHP.

Regards,
    Arvind

10. I would like to have Style 1 and Style 2 as choices for text boxes and callouts AND be able to have them as part of my quick tools. (For example, I want my comments that will cause changes to be in one color and my comments--which won't cause changes--be in another color.) Right now, I have one format (eg, red box with yellow fill) for changes. But I would like to be able to have another choice (eg, green box with blue fill) for comments that won't involve changes to the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When right-clicking a comment in Acrobate DC, I get the option to delete it, but to mark it as 'resolved', I have to use the comment column. Deleting a comment is not preferred, because it leads to the reviewers thinking they have missed a spot, while a resolved comment still gets highlighted when they go the document. It would be much easier for all those quick fixes to be able to resolve them on the spot instead of having to look them up and resolve them in the comments pane.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I work in several files which all get marked up in a standard format (red boxes with an red x stamp to note issues that need further review or actions to resolve). All the mark ups from all the documents need to be closed before my process is complete. It would be ideal if i could run a query across multiple documents (like a whole batch of folders) on all the comments made with the same criteria options currently available in a single .pdf comment filter and it be packaged in a comment summary file that has links to jump…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I often look up word translations and paste them into sticky notes beside the text. It would be great if there was a short-cut (Cmd+Alt+Shift+V) like there is in Pages to paste content right into the standard formatting of sticky notes. Otherwise, the text pasted from a webpage will often be too large or will contain distracting hyperlinks (see attached). Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When multiple comments contain the same text we can search for them and view them all, without seeing all other comments. However, if we then add a checkmark to all of these comments (by first selecting all of them and then clicking one of their checkmarks) all of the [hidden] comments (ones which didn't match the search) that appear on pages in-between are also given a checkmark. This is obvious if we have the 'Unchecked' filter selected, as when clearing the search many more comments have vanished, not just the ones which matched the search. Please fix it so that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I realized today than in acrobat, there is no re-apply or update for the filter on the comments section. I do book editing and things and spend quite a bit of time unsetting and reseting the filter since I get sent 500-1200 edits per document I receive. I would expect to press filer and then to have the option to 'reapply' or 'update' the filter since it isn't a live filter -- which would also be awesome but either would solve the issue I run into.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice to add a "Detail Magnifying Glass" which will take a screen-shot of the selected part of the document and place it with the desired magnification level on the document for commenting or plain detailing just like engineering drafting applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When pasting text copied from a FrameMaker document into an Acrobat comment, ALL the system fonts are listed in the comment.

Current workaround is to paste the copied text into a text editor and then recopy the information from the text editor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Changing text size / color used to work fine until a forced update to Acrobat DC today to 19.021.20048.
    Now selecting a comment and changing text size or color seems to work the first time I try to use the feature after opening the document.
    After that I either don't get the popup to change text size / color; or if the popup shows and I click on the color box (change color) no additional popup for color change comes up.
    Using Windows 7 laptop.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After the update, no longer able to change font settings of comments (ie font size, font color, etc.). After reaching out to help desk, it was indicated that this can only be done in the "Edit pdf" tool which only works once comments are embedded in the document. This does not make sense as I still need the comments to be "live" so that further edits can be made in the future. This is especially upsetting as I work on pdf's that are 24X36 and need the comments to stand out but the size is so small, it gets lost…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. when using the comment tool with text, the text properties appears, if it is changed it disappears and wont come back until I close the tool and reopen the comment tool

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.021.20049) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
    Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,
    Arvind

• Don't see your idea?