Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. I have 2 pdfs, version 1 and version 2. Using compare pdf, I can able to view the changes made and save the compare report and see side-by-side.

But, when I send the compare report for shared review, but the reviewers can see only the new file with comments and can not see side-by-side on browser.

Enable side-by-side view for shared review through browser. So the reviewers can easily identify the changes from version 1 to version 2 and it is easy for them to review

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Customizing the comment icon with numbers so user can see the order of comments. This will be helpful for UX designers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Removing the checkmarks is a problem across the board, but I am specifically irritated that it is not an option at all if you share for review in the cloud. My only option for keeping track of edits I have done is to "resolve" each comment. Also, if I filter by unresolved comments, it does not automatically filter live as I am working. So as I resolve a comment, it stays in the comment pane until I go back up, remove my filter, and then add the filter again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Acrobat DC is far less easy to use than previous versions. Cannot easliy draw, add lines or objects to drawings for as built drawings. Extremely disappointed with the it. More difficult to extract pages, and the operation seems slow compared to previous versions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If a person can't change font size to fit downloadable and fillable forms boxes without paying money this service cannot be classified as FREE !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adobe support told me today that you can only use checkboxes on comments in locally-saved pdfs. In online pdfs (like the ones created when you use the Send for Review feature, default online option), you can't checkmark your comments list, you can only use the weird right-click, set as "resolved". This takes too long, is fussy. Please add the checkmark on comments option for online-stored pdfs as well.

thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When copying and pasting a comment I made from one page to another page of a PDF, the comment gets rotated - https://www.screencast.com/t/nso1JyUv7FtG

This rotation is unnecessary (not good)
    Furthermore, there is no obvious way to fix the rotated comment by rotating it back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love functionality that would allow the user to generate an email from a comment, including the comment or a screen capture of the comment [in place] after a review closes. I spend a lot of time screen capturing comments and their location and pasting them into emails to continue a conversation with select reviewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. La versión para Mac no viene con las funciones de agregar texto ni subrayar, como la app para iPad y iPhone. Sería muy útil que las agregaran

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This is an impossible interface. Go back to the drawing board and look to the layouts before you 'streamlined for mobile devices' which is not how most of use use Acrobat Pro for routing documents in review.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Use the Name field instead of the User Name field when making comments in Document Cloud.
    Easier to know who is commenting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Comment resize anchor points (the squares on the corners/edges) are too large - please allow option to change the size of the 'resize anchor points', similar to illustrator.
    See here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2515153

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Anonymous review (especially commenting) of PDF documents is an absolutely essential feature for academics. We are required to do anonymous peer reviews of manuscripts submitted for publication on a regular basis. This used to be simple, but is now impossible, unless one wishes to change each comment on a one-by-one basis. If you don't restore this basic functionality, you risk losing a huge group of users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A shortcut – ideally a keyboard shortcut – for 'Add Note to Text' would be very helpful for the editors and proofreaders among us. To select the text, right-click and find 'Add Note to Text' is cumbersome when you're using that particular feature more than any other (the Sticky Note is much maligned by designers and reviewers alike for not being specific enough to the text to which it relates).

It would also make lots more sense in the context of the comment-as-you-type functionality for inserting or deleting text, etc. Surely it would be logical to create an equivalent keyboard-centred…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Here's a unique idea. Software idiots at Apple start talking to the software idiots at Adobe! Work out your problems on the company level before forcing your bad programming on your customers in the form of buggy forced upgradates!!!!!! My computer used to work wonderfully, now it's just a ********** brick because of forced updates!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Used to be when a text box was selected and the right click option "make current properties default" was chosen, that set the properties to all new text boxes permanently. Now I can chose this option, then change the text in a different text box and then next new text box that is created no longer has the default settings, it has the properties of the text box that was changed. Why have this option if it doesn't do what it says? This used to work in versions prior to Acrobat Pro DC 2019.012.20035. My idea, make it work like…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When copying text from a dark mode app on Mac (Mail app) and pasting it into the comment box in Acrobat the the formatting stays which creates white text on a white comment box, ie invisible. The workaround is to highlight the text, right click, and "clear formatting". This adds lots of time as we do this frequently. See screenshots for a better explanation. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would you disable, or at least provide an option to disable, a popup when highlighting a text? This is very annoying because this occludes text I am currently reviewing. Please do not interfere with the user's intended task. It is up to the users who will decide what to do with the highlighted text - after reviewing it thoroughly. Blocking it with the pop up interferes the work process.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When comparing 2 versions of a PDF, some of the items the program highlights come up as changes where there isn't any. For example, in one section, a piece of text had been moved a few millimeters, and yet the program registered it as a completely new piece of text, which is false.

What are the rules on how Acrobat identifies changes between 2 PDFs? And can this be altered by Adobe and/or the user?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?