Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. I've made rectangles and arrows in addition to verbal comments to indicate placement changes on page layouts for locked PDFs from an overseas production vendor (I think the requests were getting lost in translation). It would have been much easier to create/reference a dummy page with low resolution or lightened placeholders that I could have adjusted. And it would be a bonus if those placeholders referenced the original objects for the changes to be accepted/applied by the owner of the PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When highlighting in the newest version of Acrobat Pro, one may select the highlight feature and then highlight the text, just as one would do with a physical highlighter. When using the "Insert text at cursor" feature, however, one must first place the cursor in the desired location and then select the insert text feature. This seems inconsistent with the highlight feature. I don't recall this being the case in the previous version and I'm having trouble getting use to the change. (One of many.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As you are well aware, the users of Adobe Acrobat (or similar products) usually apply ‘Highlight Text’ to highlight or summarize parts of the text or the book that they are reading in PDF format.

After finishing to read the text, if the user can have the ability to extract (in one step) all the highlighted parts in the format of a MS Word or other PDF file; this can be very handy and helpful; since this way the user can easily make an outlined summary of the read text or book ready for future references.

I wonder if the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Highlight & Comment Simultaneously -- Adobe used to have this capability. It is sorely missed in Adobe Pro 2017!! Please bring it back!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you have 500+ comments/corrections its time consuming to have to right click to mark each one. It was MUCH better before when you just marked the box.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest update of Acrobat DC, we have modernize the commenting experience and at the same time, made it very clean and intuitive to use. As part of that, the checkbox is moved to the right click menu of the comment.

Open comment>Right Click>Add Checkmark

Please also note that both the sort and filter options are available for the check mark.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and will consider adding the check mark by default for future updates of Acrobat DC.

However there is one workaround to make the checkbox appear in one step by using the keyboard shortcut SHIFT + K .

6. Document made in Acrobat Pro DC 2018 and sent for review.
    Came back with multiple comments. Those of them that got fixed got marked. Then I could come back later and show only unmarked comments. It works just fine in 2018 version. But with New Acrobat Pro DC 2019.008.20080 it does not work. As soon as i click on the filter button to sort the comments the whole Acrobat gets jammed. I have tried several times, also restarted computer. So there must be something wrong here.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi ,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
    We have tried at our end to reproduce the issue but we are unable to do so.
    Can you provide the review link of the review file or a local copy of the review file with all the comments to investigate further ?

7. When selecting edits in the Comments panel with the new 2019 Acrobat Pro DC, the background of an active comment is in a light gray screen. My previous versions of Acrobat Pro displayed selected comments in a light color, which made them easier to read and locate when working on a document that has hundreds/thousands of comments. This should be added as a global preference option in the Comments panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest update of Acrobat DC, we have modernize the commenting experience and at the same time, made it very clean and intuitive to use.
    As part of this update, we have changed the background color of the active comment as dark grey color to differentiate from other comments.
    On hovering other comments, the background color of the comment changes to light grey to bring the comment in focus.

However we will consider your suggestion for future updates.

8. Where did the "auto detect pen hardware to enable markup" go? It was in preferences/commenting/making comments. Without this feature acrobat is worthless for commenting on a touch screen with a stylus. I can't imagine anyone would think it was a good idea to remove, hopefully it is just located somewhere else. Also note, STOP CHANGING the UI!!! This is the last issue I will ever try to resolve. I am sick of having to google how to undo new "features". In the future I will simply move on to a more consistent software.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest update of Acrobat DC, we have modernize the commenting experience and at the same time, made it very clean and intuitive to use. As part of that, the checkbox is moved to the right click menu of the comment.

Open comment>Right Click>Add Checkmark

Please also note that both the sort and filter options are available for the check mark.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and will consider adding the check mark by default for future updates of Acrobat DC.

However there is one workaround to make the checkbox appear in one step by using the keyboard shortcut SHIFT + K .

9. Can only select stamp rotation handle when zoomed out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Saving simple comments (text box, etc.) to pdf files increases the file size 1+ MB. Chat Support checked into this for a couple hours and could only verify this was happening. Please fix this bug ASAP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hey could you guys make a shortcut for highlighting on PDFs that would be GREAT HELP! This is for Adobe Reader DC. There is no shortcut for highlighter and highlighter color. It would make reading PDFs faster, more interactive, and easier to read especially on Desktop/Laptops.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. having 3 steps to complete a comment is now REALLY frustrating. when it was just a check box on the comment it was alot smarter and quicker. not sure why this was hidden in a menu 2 layers down.
    Suggest putting it back on the actual comment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I try to filter comments on a PDF Acrobat freezes and i have to force quit the program. The size of the file and the number of comments are not factors, acrobat crashes every time. I"m MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. in Acrobat Pro DC latest version (19.008.20080) the comment bubble open automatically, there is some way to avoid it??

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A recent update made the circles in the corners of lines drawn with the pencil tool or small stamps applied absolutely HUGE, obscuring the line/stamp itself as well as the text below it.

This makes it near impossible to properly position a line/stamp and also to see what the heck it is when you select it in the comments pane.

I work in publishing, and we need to be able to precisely place proofreading marks and be able to read them so we can see what to do with the source text file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When you have comments and you make those changes, if we are able to post a new PDF for review as a version, v1,v2,v3...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The older versions I could just highlight something, now I am forced to highlight and then enter a comment or manually close the comment box. Also, why can I not pin the comment features (box, arrows, text) to the task bar like you use to be able to?

Thank you,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make the pop-up open without text. If I want them to replace the text, why would that text come into the comment pop-up? Please, change all the highlighted and replace text pop-ups so they have not copy in them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make Highlighter tool more versitile.
    Different colors, transparancy levels, and .pt sizes please!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. since upate whem rotating a custom stamp instead of rotating it minimizes. Raju from CS logged onto my computer saw it and tried to fix but to now avail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?