Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

733 results found

1. I have a Microsoft Surface Book 3 & Surface pen. Adobe DC used to automatically recognise my pen for markup, and I used my finger to scroll.
    about 3-6 months ago, I lost this ability. (yes, "Auto detect pen hardware to enable markup" is ticked in preferences)

At the moment, the pen only works like a second mouse.

So far, I have removed and re-installed Adobe. Auto pen detection did work for 1 PDF but stopped working again.
    I've also re-installed the pen drivers, but this has not helped.

Auto detect pen for markup works perfectly okay in Microsoft Apps…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I right-click on a comment and select the Open Comment Panel option, nothing opens up. There's no Comment Panel. Where did it go? How am I supposed to review a list of comments now?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The strikethough feature has a greyed out option to adjust the strikethrough thickness. It should be implemented as certain clients prefer a more substantial strikethrough and the workaround of creating a line and adjusting that thickness is very tedious with large documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When drawing Rectangles, Circles, Clouds etc in Acrobat pro, the method of specifying Borders and Fill are incredibly tedious and slow to edit. Acrobat has one change colour dot to bring up the colour pallet for Fill / Border, and those colour pallets then have NO option for ( no fill ) or ( no border ). You have to go into the cog to get properties which brings up another pallete, which also has NO option for ( No Fill ) ( No Border ), so you then pick the colour picker which takes you to another window, where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 chokes and crashes on documents with large numbers of comments, sometimes when opening them and sometimes when opening the comment tool. Adobe Acrobat DC stays alive but becomes impractically sluggish. Evince and FoxIt are able to comment on such documents without issue. The attached file is from a post on the Autodesk forum since I cannot share my test case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PDF Docs that I could highlight are no longer able to highlight. When I drag the highlighter icon over text, the text will gray highlight, but after release of the click/drag. the text returns to normal, with no highlight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The line endings on gestures within ink annotations are defaulting to being rounded and prior to the most recent adobe acrobat update, they were flat. Please switch them back to default to flat/none or provide a way to set them to flat/none via javascript (or some other configuration).

For example, we have OCR and other downstream processes that no longer work efficiently or work at all with the rounded line ending updates.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/rounded-edges-on-gestures-on-ink-annotations-after-adobe-update/m-p/13344391#M387012

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Paint has the tools needed for commenting on eg a Music Score under PDF. Why re-invent the wheel with the clumsy clunky and partly unavailable Adobe Drawing tools under 'Edit'. Suggest collaboration with Paint and huge de-cluttering of the highly confusing and awfully corporate Adobe platform. Pro very poor value and re set password an Odyssean journey.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am adding text comments, and would like to use Times New Roman BOLD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Teams版Acrobatで挿入した取り消し線を印刷できるようにしてほしいです。

Teams版Acrobatの共同編集機能を使い、校正作業を行いました。

校正後のファイルをダウンロードしてAcrobatで開き、印刷しようとしたところ取り消し線、下線、ハイライトおよびコメントの吹き出し等が印刷画面に表示されません。

試しにAcrobat上で取り消し線やコメントをもう一度挿入し、印刷すると注釈は印刷されました。

また、Acrobat上で注釈をつけ、そのファイルをTeamsに再度上げ、それをダウンロードしてから印刷を試みると印刷画面に表示されませんでした。

そのため、一度Teamsを通された注釈が、ダウンロード後印刷できないようです。

恐れ入りますがご対応のほどよろしくお願いします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. highlighter path not visible while drawing and also highlighter blurify my doc pdf text. making text not reconizable

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We are an office with a few people working on different projects. Our clients give feedback with comments in acrobat and then as we do the changes we add check marks that hide automatically as we do them. Unfortunately when someone works on it and ticks off comments and hands the project over to another person in the office, or is unable to do some of the work for whatever reason, the new person working on the project has to figure out what was done and what was not or has to go and work on the first person's computer.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. By default, the action "Insert text at cursor" is linked with the insert key "Ins", which is fine.
    For some unexplained reason, at some point, the "é" key always finds itself linked to this action in place of the insert key.
    From this point, whenever I try to write the letter "é" inside a comment, instead of writing that character, it closes my current comment and generates a new, unwanted one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. SetContents does not work to change the displayed text of a FreeText item, such as a callout for Interapplication Communication with Acrobat (https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/acrobatsdk/pdfs/acrobatsdk_iacguide.pdf). It is works to change the display text of comments, but not FreeText items.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. show tip for keyboard-shortcut (alt+enter)

I don't want to know how many people give up the struggle of commenting in adobe acrobat reader... because of the counter-intuitive "sending" (entering) a comment... forced by clicking a button with the mouse.

apparently you can "enter" with [alt + enter]

please show a popup-tip for this key-combo when hovering over the [send-button]

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When creating a comment with richt-click
    - create the comment-icon in the center of the click
    ... not below the top-left corner of the comment-icon
    ... I think this is much more intuitive for organising your lay-out of comments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Scenario: You attempt to comment on page n by rightclicking and using the comment function, while you are scrolled so far down, that page n+1 is already displayed as your current page.
    The Result: You create a comment marker on page n+1, however it is located in the same position that you had selected on page n.
    This is obviously not intended and probably a result of generating the page position of the comment by checking the "current page" of the document instead of using the page that was actually right clicked on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Everyone wants a keyboard shortcut, and I am no different, would love there to be a way to import comments from another PDF into Acrobat using a keyboard shortcut, vs. the current way of clicking the little dot menu. We do this all day long every day at the agency where I work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The export comments to Word is bugged and puts all comments into an empty file with no text. It exports as Word comments. This is not useful to anyone. I see that it was previously exporting along with the file contents. But now is not doing in the DC Pro. Seems to be a bug. Please resolve and allow to export comments to a flat file tabulation in Excel with columns for the comment, paragraph and page reference, reviewer, date. This can be used for creating comments resolution sheets as record of the review. I hope to see this functionality…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I copy text callouts from one PDF file to another, often times it is rotated the wrong way upon insertion. To fix this, I usually have to make a new comment instead and only copy-paste the actual text. This is very annoying, and there should be a feature that enables you to rotate these comment objects on the page to make them upright again. Or just automatically detect which way is upright upon insertion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?