Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. default font color for text boxes changes to last used color instead of staying the user defined "mark as default" color

When changing an existing text box font color from the default color to a different color, the next time I open and use a text box, the font color is whatever color I last used.

This is a nuisance, make it stop, if I set up a 'set as default' the font color for any 'new' text should stay that color, no matter if I change the font color later or not.

The font color has different meanings (Actionable inputs) associated with the colors, when the action has been accomplished, I change the font color, this doesn't mean I want…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem showing comments sorted by date

Hey from Germany,

I'm trying to use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for the second time. My job is to correct texts by using the "comment" function; my favourite function is sorting my comments by date, so that I can see what I did last. I love the function that the comment list is grouped by days; it happens frequently that I have 150, 300, 500, 1000 comments a day – and there the list seems to have a poblem: After a certain number of entries a day, I cannot scroll down anymore and the list is cut off at the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. comment

I highlight and annotate documents a lot for pre-production scripts to visualize filming production. I'd love to have the comment feature add more intuitive highlighting features and ability to link to a storyboard or visualization I have for that specific scene or line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow doc to be highlightable and copyable

I used to be able to drag and highlight, copy and paste my selected text to another doc. Now I can't highlight. Boo!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Canned Responses

Could Adobe add a tool for users to create, organize, and use precreated responses to common problems or questions? As a writing instructor, I would find this tool invaluable, as I respond to common problems in student writing. I expect other professionals who encounter situation where they offer similar responses to multiple documents would benefit from this tool. Thank you for considering this request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Conditional Formatting for Text Boxes & Comments

I have real estate projects that have multiple buildings on a map that get released for sale on a regular basis. I would love to have the ability to have the text box, or callout box, arrows, lines, etc. to change color based on status. For instance, I write "STARTED" in my text box and the box, text, and arrows attached to that text box turn Green. I write "FUTURE" and it turns Red.This way I can replace the underlying map, and color code the comments automatically based on criteria I select.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Super slow switching between text annotation tools on macOS

The simple highlight text, underline and other markup tools take seconds to switch between. Do you mine bitcoin in between switching? :–) Also see requests "An Urgent Need for Better and Bolder Annotation Tools" and "Make it possible to copy highlighted text". You seem to answer only to selected comments. I enjoyed much better reception with my requests for bugs on the iPad app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Return ability to align when editing

Previous versions of Acrobat had the ability to align text comments. Would you please return this feature? Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Send File > Attach to email" and "Send for Shared Commenting" do not send emails

Click Send for Shared Commenting and follow the steps in wizard to add a note and recipients, and so on. When complete, the message appears that the email is created in the email program, but the email is never created. Usually it would appear in the Outbox, and could be sent. Nothing ever appears.

As a workaround, I tried to "send file, attach to email' to send the review enabled pdf. The email opens with the pdf attached, and i sent. First time i got an error that the file could not be found, and the email was not sent.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. where is highlight tool?

I guess you now have to use the Selection Tool to highlight text. When did that change occur?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. why does my sticky note have a different name? And how do I change it?

need to change name on sticky note when i use it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug Report: Auto-Locked Text Comment Tool (04/2018)

Bug Report: Auto-Locked Text Comment Tool - how do you unlock the comment tool ("Locked" selection cannot be unchecked)? Please provide a concise & clear method for removed the "auto-lock" of the tools. The selection to reverse the lock is grayed out and cannot be unselected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Undo action

Ctrl+ z action does "Undo" of last activity in adobe writer. However, cursor or screen display does not move to specific location in file where undo has happened. Some time in hurry, we dont even come to know that we have undone some work. Hence, i suggest, undo should take cursor and screen to concerned page similar to excel, word etc.

Kindly check if it is worth enough to consider.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Comments feature not working

cannot insert a comment (text or balloon). cannot highlight. yes, I am signed in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow addiing voice dictation to Acrobat files

I want to add voice commentary at various points on each page of a document. This will enhance the readers understanding.
    Dr. KARL VIEHE
    Washington, D.C,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I post a comment, it says it is being written by "John". I have checked everywhere in my profile, and my name is populated as Jeffrey-

When I post a comment, it says it is being written by "John". I have checked everywhere in my profile, and my name is populated as Jeffrey. Please assist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sticky Notes show a nonexistent user's name

I can provide screenshots via email. Suddenly, although I've changed nothing, I add a sticky note and it has someone else's name who had never commented on a PDF ever, and is not associated with my account!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: cannot open PDF

Myself and a coworker cannot open a PDF with sharing/commenting capabilities. Acrobat DC Pro will open, but once I select a file, the program closes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. The PDF will open in Preview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Comment Arrow

The arrow in the comment section will not change color... It seems to be locked, but when i click on Properties the Locked box is uncheck. The only way to change the color is to make it a default, every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base