Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. New Adobe UI has removed the ability to type over text in order to add PDF mark-up. Now you have to right-click and select 'Add Note to Replace Text'. This is very time-consuming for editors. Previous UI was much better.

My colleagues and I have reverted to the old version for now but hope the new UI will include the ability to type over text to add PDF mark-up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. bug : after the last update , all my comments had converted into Incomprehensible symbols , i need mu comments back

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,
    There is a 'Comments property: Subject' choosable from the right-clicking on the Commentts List annotation type>Properties>General tab, where one might be able to give more individual Subjects to the same annotation type.

As an example,
    yellow Highlighted Text Subject: Note, Follow,
    blue Highlighted Text Subject: Refer, Read-it-Later, Look After, Download
    orange Highlighted Text Subject: Revision, In-Progress, Important
    etc.

It would be so great to make visible (chosen from the Commenting Preferences) the given Subject in an annotation on the Comments List next to the Author and Date. Even more, would be great to allow to Sort and Filter the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I mark up, comment, to 50 student scripts in a day. For every file I load, I have to click 3 buttons.
    How can I set up Reader so every time I open a file, all those buttons are already clicked?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I do not understand why the file size increases so much when adding only one comment. The original file is only 66 KB. Adding a comment of a name makes the file size 1.39 MB. This is absolutely ridiculous. I used a different program to do the same thing, and the file was only 67 KB. When you have larger files with multiple comments, it becomes an issue with emailing the files. This has become an increasingly frequent issue over the last couple of years. I have no idea what has changed along the way, but this issue really needs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am using macBook Pro 2017 and have a monthly subscription that allow me to edit pdf file. However, I not able to draw or use stylus via Trackpad to make hand writing on the document. It will be nice to have this option in order to make a personal note directly on the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would appreciate a "view all comments" option for pdf cloud documents. Having to toggle "resolved" in the filter to have them appear is a pain. Would like to see all comments at once!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have a Microsoft Surface Book 3 & Surface pen. Adobe DC used to automatically recognise my pen for markup, and I used my finger to scroll.
    about 3-6 months ago, I lost this ability. (yes, "Auto detect pen hardware to enable markup" is ticked in preferences)

At the moment, the pen only works like a second mouse.

So far, I have removed and re-installed Adobe. Auto pen detection did work for 1 PDF but stopped working again.
    I've also re-installed the pen drivers, but this has not helped.

Auto detect pen for markup works perfectly okay in Microsoft Apps…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I right-click on a comment and select the Open Comment Panel option, nothing opens up. There's no Comment Panel. Where did it go? How am I supposed to review a list of comments now?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The strikethough feature has a greyed out option to adjust the strikethrough thickness. It should be implemented as certain clients prefer a more substantial strikethrough and the workaround of creating a line and adjusting that thickness is very tedious with large documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PDF Docs that I could highlight are no longer able to highlight. When I drag the highlighter icon over text, the text will gray highlight, but after release of the click/drag. the text returns to normal, with no highlight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. highlighter path not visible while drawing and also highlighter blurify my doc pdf text. making text not reconizable

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. show tip for keyboard-shortcut (alt+enter)

I don't want to know how many people give up the struggle of commenting in adobe acrobat reader... because of the counter-intuitive "sending" (entering) a comment... forced by clicking a button with the mouse.

apparently you can "enter" with [alt + enter]

please show a popup-tip for this key-combo when hovering over the [send-button]

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you spend hours reviewing and adding comments, no matter how many times you save as you go, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC doesn't actually save the comments. When you open the file up later your comments are missing like you never made them. sometimes it saves somethings, most of the time it doesn't save anything. worthless program!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please provide a function in the JavaScript Doc methods to get the Font Family/ font size of the nthWord on a page.

For context, I'm using an action to replace text with a new value via Redactions, ideally, I'd like to be able to font-match the Redaction with the font-family/size of the original text, so that the replacement isn't obvious. Currently, I'm having to use font-size 0 which can be hit or miss depending on the line-size vs font-size, and what font was originally used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A simple shortcut for setting 'Complete'-status on a comment in Acrobat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I use Adobe acrobat Pro to read pdfs on my tablet or touchscreen laptop it can be awkward to easily switch between scroll and highlight. Perhaps integrate smart tap features like for other adobe fresco, e.g., three taps to redo, two taps to undo, one finger to select, two finger drag to scroll. Also I keep needing to undo my highlights because I'm uncoordinated! Rather than always having to go into the drop down menu please make undo more accessible. Currently there are all these other buttons visible that i never use, why not something i use all the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. At the moment from InDesign, when exporting interactive documents, we have Publish Online or Interactive PDFs. Neither of which support reviewing/commenting very well.

When trying to use the commenting tools in Acrobat you cannot select text for replacement in any rollover state textboxes. Uploading interactive documents to the document cloud only supports static pages, InDesign's own review document functionality doesn't support interactivity and Publish Online doesn't support any means of providing feedback - although it does support interactivity.

Come on Adobe! The web has been alive to interactivity since day 0. You are supposed to be the defacto authority on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In some adobe pdf files, the highlight appears much bigger than the highlighted text. It could be due to the specific design of the font. This, however, makes reading and highlighting this specific document annoying. Could you please address this issue and allow the users to change the "highlight color width" regardless of the font/fontsize?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?