Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not automatically open comment pane

Do not automatically open comment pane

When choosing the Comment tools from the Tool pane, the Tool pane closes and the Comment pane opens automatically. Would be nice to have an option such that the comment pane doesn't automatically open. Most of the time I just want to highlight a few things without typing any actual comments.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. comment pane color indication sync'd with color of comment in the pages (lines, circles, highlights, etc.)

In previous versions of Acrobat, in the Comments pane, there was an visual indicator of the color of the comments (comment bubble, lines, circles, highlights, etc.). But in Acrobat DC all the comments look the same. The color changes based on the AUTHOR NAME, which I suppose might be useful for some people, but not for me. The color of the comments in the comments pane needs to reflect the color of the actual comment, as it did in previous versions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Commenting issues

I do a lot of commenting and the commenting tools used to work much better.
    Here are my top wishes:
    1. Instant 'add note to replace text'. It used to work, so that if you highlighted a word or a sentence, all you needed to do was to start writing and the text would appear in a blue comment box.
    2. When reviewing comments in a document, I really need an up and down arrow, so I can jump through all comments one at a time.
    3. Allow for ALL the commenting tools to be available in the main tool…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pen and touch input defferenciation

There is no differentiation between ben and finger touch input und windows tablet pcs. I'd like to hightlight, write etc with the pen and move the page withmy fingers without selecting the "move" tool every time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Highlighting key & search

I know how to set a default color for highlighting, and how to select from multiple colors. HOWEVER, I would like to be able to assign each color a name (ex. Dark blue = Main arguments. Light blue = supporting info. Green = Concepts). I would like these color and titles to appear in a key that I could continue to choose from easily. Then I would like to be able to search by color/issue. (Ex. If I searched for green/concepts it would show me all the text highlighted in green together). As a student and a professional this would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. An Urgent Need for Better and Bolder Annotation Tools

I respectfully suggest you consider enhancing Acrobat DC’s current annotation and highlighting tools to enable users to markup documents directly and instantly and do so without putting your users through Acrobat DC’s 28 tool / function menus.

I have been using Acrobat extensively for over 20 years and have a continuous need to annotate a wide range of PDF documents – legal, financial and technical and more. My annotation needs are both textual and graphic. While I remain loyal to Adobe Acrobat, I find Acrobat DC’s current annotation and highlight tools visually weak, limited in graphic capabilities and VERY timer-consuming…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Comments pane

I wish to open the comments pane to open or hide with the click of a button - it is taking up too much room. And in contrast to older versions I can no longer copy any text from the post-it notes (which might be useful if a translator has given a text change that needs to be transferred to a language layout) but have to open the comments pane (with what seems a lengthy way round).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Acrobat crashes when I use the highlighter

On Windows 10 PC. Adobe Pro CC crashes when using the highlighter on a scanned document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keyboard shortcut for emailing PDF. Create a shortcut that opens the emailing option.

Most of what I use Acrobat Pro for is processing vendor invoices. Several thousand per year. I need to place comments on them and then email them to another location. It would be a big time saver for me if there was a shortcut key to open the email option. Thanks, Barry

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug Report

I have a comment box pop up when mousing over a page with multiple images. The Comment box was not put in by the current author and we can't seem to find a way to edit or erase the comment box. Any advice would be welcome.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow links to be pasted into comments

Allow links to be pasted into comments

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. comment box in the way

When typing in a text box ( and im sure others) the various font options popup gets in the way of what I am trying to type. The most frequent place I use text boxes is the top right of a page, which is completely unusable in the updated version of Adobe (which generally sucks in my opinion). This options box cannot be closed while typing in the text box. I have attached a screenshot of what I mean. At the very least this options box needs to be moved or able to be closed while still editing the text…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. All replies should be not be hidden be default.

Comment rplies are hidden by default and can not be changed. So when you hover over it or double click the comment. You do not see the reply. And so can get missed.

All replies should be not be hidden be default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add or Remove Handles in Draw Cloud Tool

Occasionally when using the Draw Cloud tool (under Drawing Markups) I find the need to delete a superfluous handle, or add a handle. I would like to do this without the need of deleting the existing cloud drawing and starting over again.

For example, let's say I selected the tool and began plotting points. These drawings are often polygons with many segments, taking a bit of time and care to construct. As the tool connects the points it leaves a handle to mark the last point, until I complete the drawing by clicking the beginning handle.

Sometimes I fumble-figure the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto refresh the sort by list when one of the properties changes

If I am sorting comments, the group of comments should auto-refresh. If I have 4 unchecked comments and choose sort by checkmark status, all four show up in the top group "Unchecked". But if I then check one of the comments, the group doesn't auto refresh. The now checked comment is still in the Unchecked list. So I have to sort by another method, then sort again by my original method to get the groups to display correctly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: DC PRO crash while highlighting and comments on scanned hand written notes document

Brand new Win 10 Surface Book with everything updated including Acrobat. When highlighting and adding comments to a scanned handwritten document, DC PRO crashed and hours of work were lost as the file I was working on was not in the temporary saved files. In troubleshooting, I found that auto-save to temporary files was not turned on in preferences. I am used to working with MS Word which automatically saves every document you have opened and changed and I assumed Adobe would do likewise. I have not had a crash like this on DC PRO like many others have reported…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Text formatting when copying between text boxes

Please make an option to keep text formatting, like line feeds, when copying text between two text boxes in same PDF file. At the moment Acrobat DC removes all line feeds when content is copy&pasted which creates a lot of unnecessary "Enter" typing.
    Maybe something like CTRL+SHIFT+V = keep formatting?

Copying the whole text box is not an options, because the text box is sometimes rotated when pasted to another page.

Alternative to this request would of course be to make the text box rotatable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. IT IS GOOD IF YOU MAKE IT EASY FOR HARDWARE PEN! no stroke eraser just only normal eraser. Also include different color option for markup

IT IS GOOD IF YOU MAKE IT EASY FOR HARDWARE PEN! no stroke eraser just only normal eraser. Also include different color option for markup

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Different color option is available by using the color picker to change the color of the Pen.
    The color picker is available in the tool bar. Please try that and let us know if that works for you.

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base