Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add quick buttons to comments to set Status (Accepted/Cancelled/Completed/Rejected)

Small icons on comments (could be hidden until mouseover) to quickly set a comment's Status with a left-click. Could be 4 icons (preferable), or one icon that toggles between Status type.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Acrobat text-edit comment functionality improvements needed

1) In the old comment pane, there was text that accompanied each entry identifying it as an underline, strikethrough, replacement, or insert. Now, the text identifier is gone and we only have an arcane symbol. This is awful. I work with clients who are less familiar with Acrobat and this only makes it more difficult for them to understand the nature of my comments. Please bring back the text labels that identify comment pane entries as underlines, strikethroughs, replacements, or inserts.

2) You know not everyone uses Acrobat on a collaborative team of a dozen people, right? I use it…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Acrobat text-edit comment functionality improvements needed

Three problems with the new update on Acrobat, all relating to text-edit comments. 1) Underline, strikethrough, replace, and insert are now represented only by arcane symbols in the comment pane. Before, there used to be the actual words "underline", "strikethrough", "replace", or "insert." Such text labels are gone, and they don't even appear with a mouse-over. This is awful. I work a lot with clients who are less familiar with Acrobat comment functionality, and this only makes it less clear for them. Bring back the text labels for the comment pane entries. 2) You know not everyone uses Acrobat in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Acrobat 2019

Removing the Accept check box in the comments field was a terrible idea. Right clicking to a dropdown menu or clicking on ... to get to the dropdown is archaic.
    When you have hundreds of changes on a document this adds up fast to inefficiency.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Highlight Tool should allow override to text recognition

Your Highlight Tool tries to be smart by automatically switching from freehand to text select when the document recognizes text. There should be a keyboard shortcut (i.e., hold down Ctrl while using the highlighter tool) to override this and use freehand. Text recognition is buggy and leads to weird performance when trying to highlight recognized text.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Request: Pressure Sensitive Draw Tool

Requesting pressure sensitivity on the "Draw Free Form" tool, or a separate draw tool with pressure sensitivity.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. No "select all comments" shortcut?

I have Pro DC. I want to be able to use ctrl A to select all comments. (I believe I was able to do this in Pro XI.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Initial View with 'page' and 'comment list'

Setting 'Initial View' preference to show 'Page' and 'Comment List' on opening would be great for me please (via Document Properties). Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Initial View with 'page' and 'comment list'

Setting 'Initial View' preference to show 'Page' and 'Comment List' on opening would be great for me please (via Document Properties). Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Image highlight (freehand) tool anywhere on page (including text)

Image highlight (freehand) tool anywhere on page (including text)

The image/freehand highlighter tool only appears when hovering the cursor over an image. However would be great to have the tool available over text or blank space on the pdf.

Also the preview highlight thickness (before mouse button release) is not the same as the final highlight thickness (after mouse button release).

For the text highlighter, it would be nice to be able to move the ends of the highlight by dragging (to highlight more or less text).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. default font color for text boxes changes to last used color instead of staying the user defined "mark as default" color

When changing an existing text box font color from the default color to a different color, the next time I open and use a text box, the font color is whatever color I last used.

This is a nuisance, make it stop, if I set up a 'set as default' the font color for any 'new' text should stay that color, no matter if I change the font color later or not.

The font color has different meanings (Actionable inputs) associated with the colors, when the action has been accomplished, I change the font color, this doesn't mean I want…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Large comment list makes Acrobat unusable

A document with over 1000 comments become completely unusable because of lag. Even when creating an archive version.

Creative Cloud has become a disaster.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Return ability to align when editing

Previous versions of Acrobat had the ability to align text comments. Would you please return this feature? Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Checklist Stamp

Please consider a stamp that has a checklist included. This will allow teachers around the world to mark effectively. The custom stamp will relate to the criteria marked. The checkbox stamp will have custom skills to award the mark to the criteria.

Thank you
    Sean Udal - Shalom College Australia

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Highlighting key & search

I know how to set a default color for highlighting, and how to select from multiple colors. HOWEVER, I would like to be able to assign each color a name (ex. Dark blue = Main arguments. Light blue = supporting info. Green = Concepts). I would like these color and titles to appear in a key that I could continue to choose from easily. Then I would like to be able to search by color/issue. (Ex. If I searched for green/concepts it would show me all the text highlighted in green together). As a student and a professional this would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dynamic Date Stamp and Date Time Stamp

Some Forms (IRS) restrict areas of the document where you can enter information. This can be helpful, except when you need to sign and date the form after you have filled it in. For some reason the "date" part of the form will not accept text from "Fill and Sign", but it will accept a stamp. All of the default dynamic stamps in Acrobat have additional, un-needed text like "Approved', etc.

Please add two dynamic stamps that have ONLY 1) the Date and 2) Date and Time without any additional verbage so that the user can quickly sign AND date…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Acrobat crashes when I use the highlighter

On Windows 10 PC. Adobe Pro CC crashes when using the highlighter on a scanned document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keyboard shortcut for emailing PDF. Create a shortcut that opens the emailing option.

Most of what I use Acrobat Pro for is processing vendor invoices. Several thousand per year. I need to place comments on them and then email them to another location. It would be a big time saver for me if there was a shortcut key to open the email option. Thanks, Barry

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug Report

I have a comment box pop up when mousing over a page with multiple images. The Comment box was not put in by the current author and we can't seem to find a way to edit or erase the comment box. Any advice would be welcome.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)