Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. It would be so cool to have LaTeX support in the comments. So that people can jot mathematical notes for themselves while reading.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Every time I clicked on Highlight Text and highlighted something in the PDF, the highlight text pen automatically changed to the cursor, so that I can only highlight for one time and then I have to click on the highlight text pen before I highlight another item. That is, I cannot highlight the PDF consecutively. This is SO BAD.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twice in the last two weeks, DC refused to save the same file with comments. I clicked on save, and the save box came up empty. I tried all alternatives, including saving to cloud, and nothing worked. So I lost the results of two work sessions. I'm using latest version of DC on Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. I've tried rebooting before running DC, but it didn't help. What's the solution?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Three problems with the new update on Acrobat, all relating to text-edit comments. 1) Underline, strikethrough, replace, and insert are now represented only by arcane symbols in the comment pane. Before, there used to be the actual words "underline", "strikethrough", "replace", or "insert." Such text labels are gone, and they don't even appear with a mouse-over. This is awful. I work a lot with clients who are less familiar with Acrobat comment functionality, and this only makes it less clear for them. Bring back the text labels for the comment pane entries. 2) You know not everyone uses Acrobat in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export highlights and comments - after highlighting and commenting on a .pdf file I should be able easily export those highlights and comments as a kind of highlight reel.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When selecting edits in the Comments panel with the new 2019 Acrobat Pro DC, the background of an active comment is in a light gray screen. My previous versions of Acrobat Pro displayed selected comments in a light color, which made them easier to read and locate when working on a document that has hundreds/thousands of comments. This should be added as a global preference option in the Comments panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest update of Acrobat DC, we have modernize the commenting experience and at the same time, made it very clean and intuitive to use.
    As part of this update, we have changed the background color of the active comment as dark grey color to differentiate from other comments.
    On hovering other comments, the background color of the comment changes to light grey to bring the comment in focus.

However we will consider your suggestion for future updates.

7. Comments and highlights should look color coded regardless of how they are sorted out... all in the same color looks elegant and everything but it was MUCH easier to read comments in past versions of Acrobat when they were shown with their color

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Saving simple comments (text box, etc.) to pdf files increases the file size 1+ MB. Chat Support checked into this for a couple hours and could only verify this was happening. Please fix this bug ASAP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I realize others have this issue too so I am here hoping the squeaky wheel...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Getting comment list to show in Acrobat DC takes way too much time. It's a drag. At least on Mac OS.

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We have provided a registry protected fix, some users confirmed that this worked for them.
    Could you please try this at your end as well and let us know your feedback?
    Kindly make sure you are on the latest DC build(20.012.20043) and then follow the steps from the attached word file: “Steps.docx”.

Regards,
    Arvind

12. My copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2019.008.20080 is constantly crashing when deleting comments. Since Adobe removed the tick box from the commenting feature, which was easily the worst UI/UX decision in recent history, I have resorted to deleting comments in order to be able to go through documents with hundreds of markups.

However, the current version fo Acrobat pro DC can only handle a couple of comment deletions in a row, and literally crashes after every 5 to 10 comments.

So if I have a document with 700+ comments, you can imagine my frustration and the amount of crashing.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On a Mac in Default Mode, it should be possible to copy highlighted text by using the keyboard shortcut.

Now, all you can do is select the highlighted parts and right-click -> Copy Text. Why shouldn't it be possible to select the highlighted parts and press Cmd+C?

Doing the extra clicking work is very labor intensive when working with a lot of previously highlighted paragraphs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When using the 2D Measurement Tool, I need to change the units from decimals (feet) to feet/inches. (Eg. 6.50ft vs. 6'6")

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When you have comments and you make those changes, if we are able to post a new PDF for review as a version, v1,v2,v3...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since updating to Acrobat Pro DC (version 2017.012.20098), I cannot individually copy arrow, line, rectangle, or oval shapes (with or without accompanying comments) from one PDF and paste them into another PDF. As an editor, I use these tools all day to mark corrections and I regularly have the need to carry over unaddressed/outstanding edits to the next version of the project. Without the ability to simply copy and paste, I have to redo a lot of work—losing efficiency and opening up room for error. Please restore this fundamental function!

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need a cell library or "my tool" section for special shapes used over and over in multiple documents. Often I comment on engineering plans and have to create special shapes and text boxes which are used repeatedly. It be nice to save them somewhere to make life easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Comment markups randomly disappear from the screen, sometimes when zooming in and out, sometimes when scrolling. Sometimes they all disappear, sometimes just part of a page. Zooming or scrolling does not fix the problem. They will not draw correctly until I hide Acrobat, then making it the active application again, sometimes I have to quit the application and restart to solve the problem.
    2. Acrobat Pro DC 2019, Mac

I need to use a split screen, half InDesign, half Acrobat, when I'm running corrections. That does not leave real estate for the giant comment sidebar in Acrobat, so I need to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After the import of comments by a Acrobat Forms Document, some comments are double and at wrong positions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?