Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1203 results found

1. I dont understand what Adobe has done to the new acrobat. The new page tab is not intuitive to use. Before all things worked fine with rearranging pages, duplicating pages, etc. Now I needed 20 tries to select a range of pages and duplicate them. Please use the old style of managing the pages. It was much easier and not as buggy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I Request e-signature an editable PDF form, the format and all my fillable forms are gone.

I need to print the filled-up form initially and then open the printed PDF and then do the e-signature thing. It takes extra steps.

Hopefully, you guys can fix this quick bug and so we can go directly to e-signature directly from the editable form.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I work in the construction industry and use the edit and search features on a daily basis. Typically, I am adding text, using E-Sign, combining files, and exporting to excel.

The new version of Adobe Acrobat is nothing short of a headache:
    - Auto-recognizes text boxes that are not there
    - Will divide pages into a grid for no reason
    - Will recognize text as an image
    - No longer recognizes text with ease
    - You cannot add a textbox to an area on the page where a "text box" is auto-recognized (when there actually isn't one there)
    - Can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have Adobe Cloud installed on two machines. I use Adobe Pro. I'm signed into two machines. I am not using CloudSync. It's disabled by IT. I remote into one machine from the other, yet Adobe Cloud freezes my computer, closes all PDF's open an can't recognize the machine I'm working on as being signed in.

From the screen shot, I'm working on 597257 but Adobe doesn't recognize that this is the device is activated.

I need to be able to work on PDF files on two machines at the same time with the same e-mail address.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The "old Adobe" version used to allow one to minimize the Edit / Comment panes while keeping the tool used active.

The "new Adobe" edit pane opens up every time I try to add text covering half the document making it extremely difficult to edit my document when I can't see half of it and need multiple windows open on 1 screen.

The Toolbar pane used is now on the side instead of locked at the top increasing the width of the document even more. The options are left side or right side.

When clicking on the text one has…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Your help on "redact" does not match any menu or options that I see when I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro. There is NO such TOOLS option as described here.

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/hub/how-to-black-out-text-in-a-pdf-file.html#:~:text=To%20do%20this%2C%20navigate%20to,Security%2C%20or%20credit%20card%20numbers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We want to add a button in a PDF that plays a sound when clicked. You can currently only add WAV files which are far too large to make sense in a PDF. We want to add mp3 files which are 9% of the file size, but Adobe Reader does not accept them.
    We want to use the button so we can make it transparent so the user can see the narrator profile image, and we can add a tooltip such as "Click to hear me narrate!"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Right now when we select text we have the ability to highlight on the floater menu. However, it defaults to the last colour used. I change colours depending on how i want the text categorized. So I then have to click and re-select another colour which is time consuming. My Kindle reader always presents 4 colour when I am about to highlight which makes a big difference. Perhaps you can add a row to the floating menu with say the last 5 colours used or colours the user has selected that they know they might use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. After an update 3 months ago, when I want to change the color of a text highlight or of a sticky note, the color choice box has become tiny and difficult to use (see attached screenshot).
    I use a high resolution screen (3840 x 2160 px) and this tiny box looks like an object which hasn't been re-sized for my screen
    Note: my version of Acrobat Pro is up to date and I use the "old" interface

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With the new Adobe Acrobat, I can't figure out how to add an arrow to a pdf, which used to be easy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm using Hebrew right-to-left regulary.
    I'm trying now to edit an English form with English letters, and it is so difficult. The Section's number jumps from left to right, It is so difficult to allign it. So I had to type it all again in word. THE WORST PDF APPLICATION EVER BEEN USED BY ME

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I work with architectural drawings and I need to mark them up. Since walls and many other items in a building are not in a 0, 90, 180 , or 270 degree orientation, the objects must be rotated to conform to the drawing object's angle. Please add this functionality as soon as possible. My only workaround is to print the large format drawing mark it up, scan it and send it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After editing text within a document I attempted to copy and paste the text but the pasted text does not match the viewable text. This ruined a resume and cover letter submission as the HR software did not recognize the new text. You can see in the attached image that a copied paragraph pasted as 16 pages of the same word repeated...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please allow the "Take a snapshot" command to be added to the (Customize) Toolbar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adobe, bring back the old Typewriter tool. We need a simple way to add text to an existing PDFs. The current workarounds of using the Edit Text or Add a Text Field tools are not the same and are far more cumbersome than the old Typewriter.

The problem with the "Edit Text" tool is that it attempts to edit ALL text in the PDF so often times when you try to add new text, it attempts to modify existing background text in the document.

The problem with the "Add a Text Field" tool is that you have to add, resize,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I apply watermarks to dozens of documents each day.

In the previous Acrobat Pro I was able to add a specific watermark to my tool bar for one click application of the watermark to a file and then save it.

This feature was not carried over to the new Acrobat Pro and only allows the watermark main menu to be added to the toolbar. I then have to search for the watermark in a dropdown, apply it and save the file.

The one click watermark function needs to be added back to the new Pro.

Or even better, allow several…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently the only way to SPECIFY a cropped page size in Acrobat is to use the clunky preflight tool. Why not simply allow the "Change Page Size" settings in "Set Page Boxes" dialog to result in a smaller page size (crop).

If you try this now, you get a "Page size may not be reduced." error. In the crop dialog. The place where you go to make the page smaller. The actual definition of cropping. Why not just let it crop to the size you type in, whether that's larger or smaller?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Problem:
    I frequently use the functions of "edit PDF", adding text boxes, highlighting and reorganizing pages. When I did many changes to a document(?), Adobe always pop up an error message of "The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (14)" when I tried to save the documents. Interestingly, this error message did not affect me saving the document, so I've been ignoring it for more than half a year. However, recently, when I reopen those saved documents, there are many text disappeared.

Actions taken:
    I have tried different measures to solve this, including checking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We are a design firm and site plans come in where the building orientation isn't in landscape or portrait mode since not all roads are in grid pattern. It's crazy that we pay thousands for Adobe and it can't do custom rotate. ADD CUSTOM ROTATE ANGLE TO ADOBE ACROBAT.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 60 61
  • Don't see your idea?