Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. Arabic right-to-left is currently supported on Windows, but not on Mac, and I have forms that Mac users currently cannot use because of this. Please consider working on Mac compatibility for Arabic and other right-to-left languages. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I need to do a simple redaction on a file but it has ballooned in size just from adding redactions on a few pages, representing more than a 3x increase in its file size.

This now makes it too large to send where I need to send it, considering the recipient's file size limits for anything being sent to them.

What can I do to fix this!?

This is a terribly URGENT issue that needs to be resolved immediately.

• TIME SENSITIVE, URGENT SOLUTION REQUIRED!
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please provide an option to prevent the Comment Pane from opening whenever you select the Comment Tool. I make comments all the time on PDF's and never required the pane to be open.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please create a tool that lets users automatically split a very long 1-page PDF of a webpage into smaller, letter-sized pages for printing. I have a long 1-page PDF that would come out to about 25 pages printed, but when I try to print it, it shrinks down to fit on one page and is totally unreadable. Please give us a way to split long webpages that we have screenshotted into one long PDF into smaller, letter-sized pages. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Literally every text writing/editing application I use on my Mac allows me to use the key command "Command-E" to Edit whatever I'm working on in that program. But, for some utterly unfathomable reason, Acrobat Pro DC lacks this basic, and otherwise, universal function. Please address this glaring oversight immediately.

Also, I used to be able to access menu functions in Adobe Acrobat Pro using the macro editor Keyboard Maestro, but those macros no longer work in Pro DC. So that's something else you could look at and fix as soon as humanly possible.

Thank you for your prompt attention to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. he prepare form tool helps to insert text boxes to obtain user data. But when i save using te tool enabled in the PDF, then it crashes.
    I need to close the tool and then save

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. opening context menu by clicking on the site overview. choosing > crop pages > dialog opens > choosing framesettings: trimbox (keep proportion), change page size: standard size = none, page area: all pages > clicking OK > nothing happened!!! (attached PNGs show german screens)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I set up a custom tool bar but I have to select it every time I open adobe - I'd like to have it stay as a default and not have to click on the icon for the tool every time

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When saving a pdf, acrobat stops responding and must be force quit. This usually does not happen with "save as", only with save. I am running Mac OS Big Sur, version 11.4. Acrobat Pro 2020 (obtained through my university) is version 2020.001.30020. A text file of the crash report is attached

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. searched for "draw box" and got directions to view "drawing tools" but when I searched for drawing tools, nothing returned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi
    We had to make some urgent edits in a large PDF on Friday when I went to look through again on the monday some of the text looked like it was missing - it is there but invisible until I turn off the Bold Selection in the edit panel- then it shows up - and if I rebold it stays... This is the second document that it has happened and we are making quick edits to make a deadline by using the edit panel in Acrobat (this is instead of going back to Indesign/Word to make the changes and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I want to have an image set at 5.5in by 4.25. I have created that with photoshop. When I move that image that is in my desired size, it will resize into something that I don't want in acrobat. Images going into acrobat shouldn't resize.

Or let me resize the canvas in Acrobat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. the comments(tools) pane pops up constantly while marking up PDF's. This may be a great feature for big teams, however it is a time consuming extra step that is unnecessary (and extremely irritating) for solo users. There is a work around to turn it off for DC but apparently none for acrobat pro 2020 on a Mac, as Adobe tech support took over my screen and couldn't change the setting. Adobe please make a fix for this. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When pasting pictures/screenshots, the size of the pic is always exceeding the boundary of the paper size, but when you are trying to resize it, Acrobat can auto-fit into the width/height of the picture corresponding to the page size. I recommend resizing the picture in the first place when initially pasting it to the doc, that would save a lot of time. 

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. translate pdf from Spanish to English

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a color background to new text boxes ie. a white background so that text placed over other text or images effectively erases what the text box is placed over allowing new text to be seen clearly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add spell checking capability for the entire content in a pdf -- your competition (BlueBeam) offers this functionality. Adobe is losing ground by not offering spell check only in forms and fields.

Even if you just offer spelling markup (squiggly lines under unrecognized words) that would be helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. hello,

if i use the comment-textbox with partially underlined text and i need the same comment-texbox at some other points the copied one is full underlined.
    if i want to correct the underlined part i need to click on the underline function twice to remove the underline

Tested with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and Adobe Reader DC 2021.001.20145

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Renaming and saving files easily is now impossible!!! What the holy heck did you dO????

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Defaults should be based on regional settings in Windows, a few examples:
    A) Adobe PDF printer Page Size: Letter vs A4
    B) Acrobat Preferences > Measuring (3D) > Use default display unit: Inches vs Meters
    C) Acrobat Preferences > Measuring (Geo) > Use default distance unit: Miles vs Kilometers
    D) Acrobat Preferences > Measuring (Geo) > Use default area unit: Square Miles vs Square Kilometers
    E) Acrobat Preferences > Spelling > Dictionaries for Spell Check
    F) Acrobat Preferences > Units & Guides > Page & Ruler Units: Inches vs Millimeters

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?