Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi,

Arobat Pro DC closes file OK, but sometimes appears to keep the file locked against changes in Windows (Win10, 64bit, fully updated May2020) etc

Win 10 \ Windows Explorer is prevented from modifying the parent folder name (for example).

Does not always happen. Closing Acrobat Pro DC appears to release the file (in that it allows changes to the filepath etc using Windows Explorer etc).

This is similar to issue reported usign Acrobat READER.

The Windows Preview tab is NOT showing
    (that Win10 bug (?) is a known issue, but relevant here).

Regards
    L

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We use Adobe-Pro to review construction plans. there are time when we need to draw a round circle to see what falls in or outside of its perimeter. if we could click the courser at a point on the drawing and then drag the radios out with the proper measurement scale of the drawing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Acrobat Crashs if I try to detect the text of this document. Every other document works.

I am using Win 10 and a Dell XPS15 Notebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2019.021.20061 on a MacBook Pro with Catalina version 10.15.04. In the Adobe Acrobat preferences I have autosave set to every 5 minutes. However, when Adobe Acrobat decided to restart for me to agree to some updated user terms all my comments on the document disappeared. From a quick google search it is clear that this is a common problem and that the autosave feature is not working, or at least only occasionally.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow document to go full screen and minimize the right side - more space to edit with toolbars only on top. Smaller icons for actions

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Honestly, I am not sure why I was sent to this area, all I wanted was to get help in drawing a line through a word or text on a PDF document but somehow no one from the technical team was able to help. I thought this would have been a basic feature of Adobe Acrobat, but I guess I was wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Using Acrobat Pro DC is the biggest headache in the world. You have made this 1,000 times more difficult than Adobe Acrobat Pro X. Adobe Acrobat's team seems incapable to thinking intuitively. I want to create a default font, point size and color setting for all pdf documents I edit in Adobe Acrobat DC, but one must do this for each document based on the website help. if someone replies with an apparent 1, 2, 3 step, that is NOT ADEQUATE. The issue: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC's Team does NOT CREATE AN INTUITIVE ONE STEP INTERFACE. One should NEVER TO…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We create acronym-heavy PDFs at my company. We often create hyperlinks from the acronyms to the acronym list, but a better solution would be a tooltip-style effect where you could hover your cursor over the acronym and have the definition appear. This is done in HTML with the abbr tag and is quite elegant.
    I've tried to accomplish this with a transparent button over the acronym and using a tooltip, but this is incredibly laborious and makes the file size explode.
    Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have anyone over there ever had a freaking UX course? How could a feature like "add blank page" be that well hidden? I'm baffeled.... Do not make me think ******** it...

You actually have to add it in as a tool... an organize pages tool... why...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I’m trying to edit Javascript in an external editor. This has worked for years until just now. I’ve tried Brackets and TextWrangler with the same failure. Acrobat launches the external editor, and waits until the editor process is no longer running. This means that you actually have to quit the editor after saving the document in order to make Acrobat respond to your input again. This is fine, it has always worked in the past. But now when I quit the external editor, Acrobat remains unresponsive because it's waiting for the external editor to close, even though it’s already closed.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. HOW DO I CREATE A SIMPLE ARROW? YOUR PRODUCT IS NO USER FRIENDLY AND CUST SVC HORRIBLE

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I used to be able to click on a calculator option, do several calculations, and copy the tape to the pdf, and add notes to the calculations.

Please Bring it back.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm a notary public and signing agent. I often need to insert text such as date, location etc into a notary certificate that is in files that have been scanned by a Title Co and sent to me to print. I used to just make a selection and add text that stayed open until I was finished with it. Now I have to open Edit PDF 1st and it converts the page before I can just hit ADD TEXT. The other way is easier and less time consuming when I'm dealing with 200 pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Compatibility issue with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - font is moving location while changing color of font created by multiple PDF conversion applications. This was not an issue with Adobe X but is now an issue with Adobe Pro DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I finished creating PDF using my HP Printer/Scanner for my tax support documents, the file was too large to send through my email. Because this is tax info I did not want to send it out on DropBox or other clouds. If you had a feature that could reduce the DPI and therefore, the file size, that would be handy.
    Of course, I could start over and rescan everything in lower DPI, but that is time consuming. An EDIT TO REDUCE FILE SIZE OFalready created PDF file would be a time saver, especially when you don't realize the size…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Nowadays there are many of us who make 3D models. In many cases they are very heavy models that are currently unfeasible to insert in a PDF. However, there are visualization tools that allow to lighten the geometry of the object without losing quality in the visualization. This is done by loading textures such as normal, roughness, etc. that currently cannot be loaded into the PDF. If they could be implemented, in my opinion it would give a good boost to the use of PDF, both for publications and for sending files. It would be very interesting to implement them…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Problem: if I want to look act three instances of document A, I have to save the document as something like A1, A2, and A2. Then, open each individually.
    Solution: allow one to open three instances of document A without having to save three different documents.
    (even Google's chrome browser can let me open as many instances of a document that I would like)
    (Allow for MAC and PC)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The recent update to Adobe Acrobat DC (20.006.200042) has removed the action button from the Prepare Form menu.

I am unable to add buttons to form like "print" or "email". When opening older forms, the print still works, but it is unedible the action you can do. The email button goes off to an unknown link.

In addition, the DC help still list the old way to add and edit these action buttons without listing a new method to create or edit these buttons

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?