Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. I would like the new acrobat to include extract pages like the old version had! I was very disappointed to find this option missing from the Acrobat DC Pro.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When opening a pdf that is already in use by another user, please provide a message box to notify the user the file will be opened in read only because someone already has opened the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently under the 'JavaScript' menu, you can execute a piece of java code within a document on a specific document action.

The current options are as below:
    Document Will Close
    Document Will Save
    Document Will Print
    Document Did Save
    Document Did Print

Our company of 1800+ would like the option for this to also be applicable at an application level.
    The intention is for every document saved to execute a piece of java code and not just the individual document.
    One use-case is for a liability disclaimer to be applied to all documents without the need for manual intervention.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On Mac at least, any save to a PDF deletes the old file and writes a new one, rather than overwriting the old file. This means that metadata such as the Date Created is lost -- it's important for me to know when certain files were received, but then also to run OCR, add comments, or make other edits to the files. This breaks the standard Mac user interface and is only done by Acrobat (not Word, Preview, TextEdit, etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be good if basic fonts like Calibri (that come with both Mac/PC) are available when editing PDFs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to be able to save without the window who ask me where to save when the file already exist somewhere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I add an image to a PDF file, it is cut off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My daily tasks can't be done - I am struggling to just print a stupid document - what use to be on the left is now on the right - what idiot thought that made sense to change the menu to the opposite side!!! Seriously people do you do any beta testing with real people in the field using this program!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe has just been updated on my computer.

Examples uploaded of what is happening now, and what I used to be able to do. I have hidden confidential information, apologies for this.

I used to be able to draw a text box to make it of a certain width before I started typing, and as I would type the text box would expand downwards as needed. Then if I needed to I could adjust the width afterwards as well.

I can no longer draw the text box to a certain width and despite having the little spots to grab and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The New Acrobat Pro experience has broken the Edit - Add Text feature.
    In the old experience, if one clicked on the "Edit" icon then all existing objects such as text boxes would be shown and one could edit text inside them. If one clicked on the "Add Text" icon then those existing objects would no longer show their boxes nor be editable so one could position the cursor over such a box and add text which would create a new text box. This is the way it is supposed to be and lets one easily add Text to an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm very disappointed. The new "upgrade" scrambles all of my words after editing a pdf and using "save as"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After a few minutes, you can no long select pages and delete. I have to close, reopen the program. It work another few minutes then quits.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am unable to copy a page from one PDF and paste to another PDF. I never had this problem in the previous versions. Now when I try to copy/paste, I get an error.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My idea is that "rearraigning" everything doesn't make things better. People who use tools like to have the function remain the same. This new interface is terrible. Changing the way things look all the time should be left to social media pages. Adobe is for work. My workflow is not improved with this change, it's worse.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the time it's taken me to google "acrobat DC update slow not loading," open three different articles, go back, refine my search, click a couple different articles...my 2 page pdf has yet to load. WTF is this new update???

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Il software si chiude improvvisamente mentre evidenzio un file pdf. E' già successo due volte, in una delle quali ho perso parte del mio lavoro.
    La versione è: Continuous release, versione 2023.003.20284, 64 bit. Sistema operativo Win 11.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When a person must edit a document, it normally means changing some text. Which could be (interestingly) bolding a word. Or using the same font that is being used all over the document.

Now if you wish, I can send you a PDF and you try to do that simple task. Especially in the newest Adobe Acrobat.

But most probably you have some PDF documents yourself around.

I really hope you will somehow grasp the difference between "normal" editors which allow you to simply select the text and bold it and the worldwide know tool Adobe Acrobat where you:

1. Open…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adobe recently auto-updated as of 8/23/23. I generally need to edit PDFs by adding text, then occasionally adding an image. I add the needed text as normal, but when I insert an image, it allows me to select the image from My Computer as normal, and then nothing happens. There is no error message, the dialog box for image selection simply disappears.

If I close the PDF and re-open it, and go straight to adding an image first, it loads into the PDF and I can place/resize/move it as usual with no issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've discovered a bug on the split tool. It is not able to be used when added to the toolbar on the side. Furthermore, when navigating to "organize pages", then using the split tool, a dropdown appears. In that dropdown, the num pad creates letters instead of numbers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A virtual company is a business that operates without a physical office. Employees work remotely, typically from home, and communicate and collaborate using technology. Virtual companies offer a number of advantages over traditional brick-and-mortar businesses, including:

Lower overhead costs. Virtual companies don't have to pay for office space, furniture, utilities, or other overhead costs associated with a physical office. This can lead to significant savings.
    Increased productivity. Employees who work from home are often more productive than those who work in an office. This is because they have fewer distractions and can set their own hours.
    Flexible hours. Virtual employees…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 59 60