Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. In the online version of Adobe, underlining and strikethrough of text does not appear correctly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For some reason, after many years of working with Acrobat Pro, they removed the photo snap shot option. This was extremely valuable when you just want a section copied and pasted in to a Word document. Now, there is no way of doing it. I now use the Windows SnipIt to get what I want. The other way is to export the page, crop it, then save it. I purchase the full Adobe suite at several hundred dollars a month and this is a good deal breaker. Why purchase the program when the standard free version and SnipIt can do…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Highlights bug after toggling out of EDIT PDF:
    My highlights, which were horizontal, suddenly became vertical when I exited EDIT PDF mode. Highlights were made prior to entering EDIT PDF mode. I am doing this work as an expert witness on a federal case, and cannot afford to have errors like this in my report.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can we please have a keyboard shortcut to open the Add Text tool?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. At present it is only possible to split a PDF by top level bookmark; it would be great to have the option to choose the bookmark level (e.g., if there are nested bookmarks in a document). There are PDF editors around that do have this option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Editing is not really the correct word. For millions of users, we simply want to "mark up" a PDF by, say, underlining a sentence. That was dead easy with Adobe Pro XI. Now seemingly impossible with DC. Constantly get image processing error messages. No customized user toolbars, as with Pro. Basically DC has been over-thought. 99% of users want the basic functionality of Adobe Pro XI.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Every time I edit a document and then choose to "save as" I just get a blank screen. I have to shut down my entire system and turn back on and it sometimes works, sometimes not!! This is clearly a bug in your system looking at the amount of times it has been reported.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A full-featured drawing tool added to the Edit feature in Abobe Acrobat DC to add lines, boxes, etc would be extremely helpful tool

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "W" keyboard shortcut should work to insert text. I used this every day in Acrobat 11 and was dumbfounded when I "upgraded" to DC and it was gone. Acrobat is much less useful to me (and anyone else who annotates documents for a living) without Ctrl+W, and there's no workaround in DC. There's no way I can be the only one with this problem.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adobe DC is supposed to have a checkbox in the Comments section of Settings (the last checkbox) that says "Auto detect pen hardware to enable markup". For some reason, it is missing on some of my computers that are using the same Windows 10 operating system and the same current version of Adobe DC. It is very frustrating because the absence of the checkbox means that you can't immediately markup a document with a pen and instead need to click through several layers of buttons in the comments section in order to use the pen. It is clearly a "glitch"…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I simply want the global find-and-replace functionality found in most word processors to work on a PDF form. I have a 129-page application form in pdf format. It asks questions in form fields to which I respond in data fields. I wish to do a global replace of text in the data fields (say to change a name of a person/organisation). To do so, I have to take several steps which have very undesirable side-effects. I have to flatten the file. I can now use replace, but... the look-and-feel of the original document is significantly altered, the auto-orientate feature of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Arabic right-to-left is currently supported on Windows, but not on Mac, and I have forms that Mac users currently cannot use because of this. Please consider working on Mac compatibility for Arabic and other right-to-left languages. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add spell checking capability for the entire content in a pdf -- your competition (BlueBeam) offers this functionality. Adobe is losing ground by not offering spell check only in forms and fields.

Even if you just offer spelling markup (squiggly lines under unrecognized words) that would be helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Renaming and saving files easily is now impossible!!! What the holy heck did you dO????

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to apply strikethrough to text is incredibly useful, but seems un-utilized. Giving users the ability to change the thickness of the strikethrough could make a significant difference and increase the use of the feature. I find myself looking for strikethrough to only be slightly dissatisfied. I feel as though it "does the job" but doesn't offer quite enough in terms of obscuring that of which is being stricken through. Hope to see this go somewhere!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Adobe Acrobat PRO DC be able to automatically crop PDF pages to the edges of the document. For example, send in an agreement photographed on a table with unnecessary artifacts (table, hands, etc.). You need to be able to turn a PDF file into an A4 document at the touch of a button.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. please fix, so that hebrew should be able to be typed the right way

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm unable to write or delete text from any pdf's as it gives me this error or a multitude of other named errors.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would save me hours a week if I could arrange bookmarks the way I need in the file and then have the pages be reordered to follow the bookmarks. I deal with files that are thousands of pages and rearranging large quantities of pages in thumbnail view tends to crash the program. Thanks for your consideration!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The content preparation process is a pain in the neck - it is too slow and unnecessary

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?