Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make insert page break possible

I want to be able to break pages like in word

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Highlight color

I need to change highlight colors based on the different significance of the text, but I need to select different colors from the properties menu. It really takes a lot a time, can you make a button to change colors more efficiently on the viewing page?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Activate advanced features in OpenType fonts

I bought a font that resembles real handwriting, and in order to activate the alternate characters (i.e. type 444 and each 4 looks slightly different), it requires advanced OpenType font settings. MS Word has this, but Adobe Acrobat does not. I believe Indesign does. It would be helpful to have this feature in Acrobat Pro.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding White Space via the Crop Tool Does Not Work for Some Pages

Here is a posting I recently made to the Acrobat "Editing and Exporting PDFs" forum:

try67 wrote: "Yes, Acrobat Pro DC can scale all the pages of the file in a single command."

As it turns out, Acrobat Pro XI is supposed to be able to do this, but as I stated offline to try76, "... I experimented with increasing the white space around pages (to 8.5 x 11.0) in XI. The single-column test page I sent you is from a 9-page, mostly three-column document, and when I use the Cropping Tool while attempting to do this, there is one…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

5. Free-hand Pen Tool

A free-hand pen tool would be in Adobe's best interest. This tool would allow users to mark a PDF with a digital pen of sorts.

Other document editors that are inferior in many other ways have been winning out with both myself and many other consumers because of the free-hand drawing & annotating capablities.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ABILITY TO EDIT PDF'S IN SHAREPOINT

ABILITIY TO EDIT PDF's in SharePoint

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reverse Page order

My problem is I audit large documents, usually multiple page documents scanned in pdf files. I often find the documents have been scanned in the wrong order ie last page first. Companies employ cheap labour and they do not care of the page order when they are scanning the document or they put it throughs the scanner the wrong way.
    A useful feature would be to have a way to reverse the order of the pages or of a number of pages very simply.
    It appears to be a common problem but I see people talking about writing scripts. I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Highlight color

I need to change highlight colors based on the different significance of the text, but I need to select different colors from the properties menu. It really takes a lot a time, can you make a button to change colors more efficiently on the viewing page?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. FIX: Rich Media Button. Needs Transparent Line and Fill Option!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry Fix!

I need to make transparent buttons with HTML links in most of my documents. Someone forgot to program this in the DC version.
    Create a square button and set the line and fill to transparent. Please fix! It is causing a host of issues for us.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Difficulty moving text

Please make it easier to move text. I have spent hours (and am developing RSI) trying to move text that I have moved before - it takes dozens/hundreds of clicks to get the box around the text to show sufficiently to grab it and move it. I spent the $$ for AA Pro DC, so thought such a basic thing would have been fixed .... Please let me know when it is fixed so that I can edit my document without wasting any more time - I have a week or so before it goes to the printers ... Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Clean recent files list

I often receive PDFs but after opening them, decide not to keep them and delete them. Nevertheless, the file name still appears on the Recent File List when I say I want to open a file for editing. This makes it harder to find still existing files that I want to edit. At the minimum, be able to click on a file name on the Recent File List to highlight it and then delete that name (via Delete key or pulldown option). Even better would be to also add a option that I can click on that highlights files on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. be able to edit measurements values to a custom value, change text height/color

be able to edit measurements values to a custom value, change text height/color

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hindi OCR and text recognition

Please include Hindi text recognition while editing hindi pdf documents or exporting to MS word or RTF format.

There is a huge market requirement for this feature and we are struggling with it currently.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. compatibility with google drive

I would like to be able to open and edit pdfs from google drive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Hi,

This is something which is already on our radar and we are planning to support this in near future.

Thanks for Reporting
    -Pratyush

15. Eraser needed

Acrobat needs an eraser tool, much like the one provided in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. I work with old pdf images of recorded documents dating clear back to the 1800's; these documents have a lot of photographic "static", shadows images left by the camera which took the image photo, and these items need to be erased to give the document better readability. It is hard to describe without watching the process. If you want a demonstration, contact me and you can log into my computer and watch my process.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There is no way to change the default line spacing of 1.2 to a more useful 1 (single spacing).

Adobe's default line spacing is set to 1.20, which is uncommon in documents. Single spacing (1.0) would be much more useful. Because I can't change the default, I have to continually change the line spacing from 1.2 to 1, which is annoying and time consuming. Please update the software so that the user can select the default line spacing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve the Bates Numbering

Currently the Bates Numbering option does not allow the user to select folder and subfolders to the window for incorporating Bates Numbering. Users currently have to separate the subfolders onto the desktop and then add each folder separately to the list, once all the folders are added, the functionality can then be operated. However, most of the time users have up to 500 subfolders, so its essential that the subfolders are numbered to that the Bates numbering follows numerically correctly. There are other products that can already do this, so why cant Adobe

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Save 'List layers for visible pages'

Our large organization needs layered PDFs to view and filter AutoCAD layers, since we will no longer be able to make native AutoCAD files available in an AutoCAD viewer.

Layered PDFs seem to have the limitation of not being able to save the option of 'List Layers for Visible Pages'.

In our case, users need to be able to rely on a clean set of layers used for each page, not the confusing list of all layers in the document. We have many multi-paged PDFs that we planned to use to view and filter layers, and the accumulation of layers…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. image replacement & add image

After an automatic Update on a Terminal Server installation (Server 2016) users can not add or replace images on pdfs.

Warning: unknown Error
    Info Box: The Image can not convert and add to the document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Choose pen highlighting colors at the time of your choice

In the next versions Acrobat could give the possibility to choose the color of the pen of highlighting of text, already in the choice of the tool. Maybe clicking and following would open a color palette so the user could choose the highlight color.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base