Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1205 results found

1. I wish Acrobat to have option "replace all" under Find and Replace.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please do not get rid of the old version. I use Mac OS and the new version does not work well for me. I am a heavy Pro DC user and finally had to call in to tech support to find a way back to the old reliable, consistent version. Editing a document on the new version is running about 50% for consistency. Please allow us to keep the old version indefinitely.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,

Arobat Pro DC closes file OK, but sometimes appears to keep the file locked against changes in Windows (Win10, 64bit, fully updated May2020) etc

Win 10 \ Windows Explorer is prevented from modifying the parent folder name (for example).

Does not always happen. Closing Acrobat Pro DC appears to release the file (in that it allows changes to the filepath etc using Windows Explorer etc).

This is similar to issue reported usign Acrobat READER.

The Windows Preview tab is NOT showing
    (that Win10 bug (?) is a known issue, but relevant here).

Regards
    L

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We're using Adobe Acrobat Pro for our PDF edition and it's awesome. We also use Salesforce, we're looking for a way to manipulate PDF inside Salesforce like we do in the Adobe Acrobat. In the moment we have to take the PDF from Salesforce, download it, edit it, and the upload it again, it will be awesome if we could just modify the PDF inside Salesforce (It will save us a lot of time)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. FOR HEAVEN SAKE STOP WITH THE POP UPS!!!!!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PLEASE fix so text boxes stop combining. I KNOW Acrobat is not an "editiing" app but I have to make contact sheets from multiple products and sources from Adobe Bridge. Then the client needs a couple changes, or we need to update an area on the contact sheet ONLY. Constantly have to fight to redo text. Not editable in other apps - Illustrator can only open one page at a time. Can't edit PDF in Indesign. Can't edit in Word. These are NATIVE pdf's from Bridge. Thank you.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I’m trying to edit Javascript in an external editor. This has worked for years until just now. I’ve tried Brackets and TextWrangler with the same failure. Acrobat launches the external editor, and waits until the editor process is no longer running. This means that you actually have to quit the editor after saving the document in order to make Acrobat respond to your input again. This is fine, it has always worked in the past. But now when I quit the external editor, Acrobat remains unresponsive because it's waiting for the external editor to close, even though it’s already closed.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. split view page vertically , rather than only horizontally.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be nice to have the ability to remove just one footer instead of removing all headers/footers. For example, I work on large publications and would like to be able to leave the different headers and copyright footers for each chapter in place, but be able to update the page numbers. Currently, when I remove or update a header/footer, it effects ALL headers/footers. There should be a menu option to pick and choose which headers/footers to alter.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like the ability to add Roman Numerals in headers. Right now, adding a page number within the Headers and Footers dialog box does not allow me to use Roman Numerals (page labels).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

We have logged a bug for this issue. We will update you, once the engineering team will prioritize the bug and fix it.
    Thanks.

11. In other PDF editor programs, there is the ability to customize tickmarks in a toolbox that can then be assigned to a keypad number to be accessed quickly and repeatedly. Creating this functionality would greatly increase the speed in which user can apply those tickmarks in reviewing a document, generating significant efficiency when a large volume of documents require this type of review.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We discovered a word that need to be replaced during our final pdf output from Framemaker so we edited the pdf. Once we copied the Arabic word from our excel spread sheet the entire book became corrupted by scrambling letters, changing font appearances and reversing parenthesis and other characters. Need this fixed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When modifying a scanned document, Acrobat automatically launches an OCR process, which is indeed very useful. But, as I work either in French or in English, very often the language is not appropriate and it is only AFTER this process that the language is displayed. In the case of a bad language choice, I have to change the language and Acrobat restarts the OCR process with the correct language. So, I would like to suggest to add (perhaps as an option to be set in the preference dialog box) BEFORE the start of the OCR process the display of a…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My problem is I audit large documents, usually multiple page documents scanned in pdf files. I often find the documents have been scanned in the wrong order ie last page first. Companies employ cheap labour and they do not care of the page order when they are scanning the document or they put it throughs the scanner the wrong way.
    A useful feature would be to have a way to reverse the order of the pages or of a number of pages very simply.
    It appears to be a common problem but I see people talking about writing scripts. I…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to generate a table of contents using bookmarks within a PDF. While there are some third party plugins that will do this, it would be helpful to have this feature within Acrobat.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi all,

can any of you tell me how to set Photoshop as the default for opening images from Acrobat Pro DC (macOS Monterey)?

Whenever I click on an image under "Edit PDF" with the "Edit" tool, the preview is displayed in the "Edit with" submenu. When I say "open with" I can select Photoshop. However, I would like to use Photoshop as the default here so that I don't always have to select the programme under "Open with".

I had actually remembered that I could set this in the settings under the item "Touch up". Unfortunately, this menu item…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ok here is the issue,

When I edit PDF file using Arabic text, everything ( to some extent is fine )
    But if I just saved the file, then try to edit it again
    ( i.e. Change font, Change Color, Change size, edit the text it self )

Arabic letters would just go wrong, attached an image showing the issue.

I noticed that this only happen if ( Tashkeel ) is used.

I had the same issue on both Machines : Mac OS & Windows 10.

Also PDF attached with an example,
    if you just tried to change the Text…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Over the past several months, we have been having issues with page labeling. We combine single pdf's to one file, change the page labels as needed with new name, save, and when we optimize the file the page labeling changes. So, if I have pages 1-25, page 26 new page label (ie insert1), then the next page shows up as page 26 and not 27 as it was in file before we optimized. We also change pages in the back for Covers, ie C3 and C4. When the file optimizes, the page number switches C4 with C3 and C4 to…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is a problem with extracting single pages from particular PDF documments. Attaching the test.pdf file.

Extracting a single page from it (view->tools->Organize Pages->Open and you can do a drag & drop page to windows explorer) we are getting a pdf file with same file size as original but with only one page.
    It seems that its not removing all jpegs from the file.
    Attaching also sample file with extracted one page.

Files are generated by FPDF library and got a replay on their forum: "That's probably because FPDF uses the same Resources dictionary (containing all images) for all pages"

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give the ability to set defaults in the Split function of Adobe DC. I always split by "Top Level Bookmarks" and Output using the Bookmark names for file names. Since I (and my team) do this for multiple files every day, having to reset those parameters every time you want to split a file is really unhelpful and a waste of time. Given that Adobe is a massive time saver, this would help even more.
    I get that is how I do it, but not how everyone does it, so the ability to update just my defaults would be helpful.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?