Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. the edit tools are different. we use these in our business and expect them to look a certain way. there is no reason to have moved the icons OR the look of edits. not happy!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be helpful to be able to switch 2 selected pages, without dragging them with the mouse.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add a Percent option in Ruler just like in Photoshop, so that it helps to align Text Boxes and Guides very accurately.

Also, please add alignment buttons for Text Boxes so that we can not only arrange the text inside the text boxes but also the entire text boxes with text in it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Outlook Calendar & Google Calendar Integration Plug-In. This functionality would make Adobe's - Acrobat Pro DC, truly professional... When completing PDF Forms with "date fields", it would be most helpful to provide a plug-in to synch the date fields to our calendar (Outlook or Google Calendar). Come on...you guys can do it! This functionality would be very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Could you please make a spellcheck a feature!

We review PDF's frequently and I would love the ability to easily highlight spelling errors and send the file back to the user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I have forwarded the request to the higher management. Currently we don’t have any plan to implement it but we have kept it in our radar and will implement it in future release.
    Meanwhile to see spelling errors, open Edit PDF and click on inside each bounding box one by one to see if there is any error in each paragraph.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Working for a UK University, we produce pdf.publications for the youth demographic, from prospectuses to course guides. It appears that Adobe is unable to autolink a URL in a pdf. that doesn't contain https:// or www. This is extremely old fashioned and not good practice from a design point of view. In 2020, it is widely accepted that these prefixes are not used, so I would like to requested that the autolink can be programmed in a way which reads these as URLs in a pdf. for example: swansea.ac.uk/research

I imagine this is not a unique issue, anybody creating…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. At present, when you mark an area for redaction by drawing a box, you cannot adjust the size of the box afterwards. This needs to be changed to make this possible. I’ve used other redaction software where this is possible. This change is vital because in very large PDF pages, it is not always possible to precisely mark an area for redaction on your first attempt, so you end up having to delete the redaction you’ve just drawn and try again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Arial disappeared and changing fonts screws up the formatting of the existing text. Most recently, it added a "!" at the end of every line of text. Trying to delete the "!" changes the margins and layouts to outside the borders. Trying to change the font messes it up even more.

How do I fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When working with the Measurement Tool in Acrobat DC Pro. It should be possible to enter a measurement on a page when the scale is set. Rather than just stretching the line.

For instance, if I wanted to see how far 22.22" is on a .125"=12" Scale.

Currently the only way to find this measurement, is to stretch the measurement line. If Adobe would allow me to enter the 22.22", and then have the program measure that out, it would be an excellent resource.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Acrobat DC keeps getting stuck in - "This operation not allowed, since scanning is in progress" - mode. Cannot clear it. Cannot perform any additional functions. Have to force shutdown.Seems to happen with certain acrobat created files but not others when I attempt to recognize text or run the enhance file feature of Acrobat.
    Windows 10 OS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After downloading a password-protected document (with password protection but authorization for form processing and saving) can only save once.

When trying to save the document a second time (also under a different name), the error message appears:
    "The document could not be saved.
    The file is either read-only or used by another user.
    Save the document under a different name or in a different folder. "

Unfortunately, the document can not be saved under a different name and / or folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Organize Pages, Extract, currently: no ability to type in desired multiple page range.
    Currently you have to select the Picture Pages to get a Range selected.
    Why can't you all make it available to type in our Multiple Page Range, too, in the Page # box?
    This was a feature for a long time on the older version. It was much quicker & less errors to be able to type in my Page Range to Extract.
    Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a feature to the Add Text function in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC so that a user can choose Opaque for a text box and avoid a Background image being visible through the text box. Also, the user should be able to choose a solid color to appear behind the text in the text box. This feature is so basic that it should have been in the product from the start. Photoshop Elements has had it for a long time!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I don't understand why I can't drag and drop an open pdf into another pdf that I am organising, ie adding the latest statement to a journal statement. It is all a bit cumbersome at the moment

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability to join paragraphs in a PDF so, when editing, text reflows in the document, such as in Word:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDv5BZ-sXg&list=PL5lhrBXHZ3P-ghjTvVCMA4t_VB_H36QsI&index=3&t=0s

And, similarly, the ability to link separate text boxes, so that text reflows between the chosen boxes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuVqQjdRxGA&list=PL5lhrBXHZ3P-ghjTvVCMA4t_VB_H36QsI&index=1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The page replacement feature is not working properly. The old page's links remain on the page, attached to new content.  For example, if page 21 has three links, and I want to substitute a new page 21 with three new links, I should be able to click on the new links and go to the new addresses. However, when I examine the new page 21, the text of the links matches the new content, but the link address is the old address.  This was a problem in August 2019 and is still a problem now, after Adobe's October release.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Trying to open a document in Pro DC. I currently only have 5 other PDF docs open... pop up says Cos Document Table Full. The doc opens, but fields are blank

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Any attempt to move or re-arrange page crashed adobe acrobat XI,
    adobe closes without any warning or error message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am over Europe and Asia and must convert PDF's for many languages. I now have to use google translator and its 1000 word limit.I need a module cloud based, server on PC based that we can utilize. I would think in today's world this would be a big selling feature

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?