Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1205 results found

1. Please add a save permanently or set default option that will truly set defaults so users don't have to correct a bunch of settings after every reboot. Issue is with Adobe Acrobat Standard DC.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. That little delete icon that pops up is always in the way, who ever thought that was a good idea???

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. work with two documents at this time, when work in optimize cant open another document, need can do it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In Acrobat Pro DC on Windows 10, a text annotation could not input in 2 page layout with scroll.
    Firstly, input text with text annotaion tool to left page. Secondly, input text to right page. I could not input text to right page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am creating a PDF by combining multiple separate PDFs into one document. It will be used as a handbook, combining many different types of guidelines from contact lists and text to maps and graphics. PDF will allow people to download the full handbook for offline use but edit it often, replacing old versions of the combined documents whenever necessary. A automatically updating table would be extremely beneficial to this project as I anticipate people will be removing, adding and replacing pages often.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the Acrobat DC program there is no function “select the same fill / stroke color. Such a function exists in the program Illustrator and I often use it. The ability to select an object by color can help me remove unnecessary markup from a PDF file without opening the file in Illustrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe reader is too simple and Adobe DC is too powerful.
    You need to be meeting businesses to have an Adobe where you can create forms, add stamps, combine pages and sign but not edit the document. Just to focus liabilities on people who have editing capabilities.
    Editing capabilities should be a feature that can be turned off at installation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am trying to make some minor edits to PDF's, which I do regularly. The last couple of days, after working in Adobe for a while, I have run into a problem where, after each key stroke, the active window I am working in, deselects itself and I can't type anymore until I re-select it. Literally after every single keystroke.

I am on an HP Pro3500 Series CPU, Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, 4 GB RAM, connected to a work server.

Any ideas?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add image to footer header such as corp logo
    Competitors of Adobe seem to all have the function or feature

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ever since getting Adobe Acrobat DC Pro (version 2019.010.20100) on a new Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise client , any time I open a PDF to do anything (edit, PDF, Organize Pages, or just leave the PDF open without selecting any tool), I have about 45 seconds before Acrobat locks up and is unresponsive. Every time I have to close the program. I have to go to another workstation running Windows 7 Professional SP1 and use Acrobat Pro 2015.006.30456, which runs flawlessly. Do I have to make a request to roll my machine back to Windows 7 in order to solve…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There should be a way to turn off auto numbered lists, like there is in Microsoft Word.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I must admit I find the Acrobat editing features terrible. Why not have an "Edit" that allows editing of text and fields, instead Edit PDF and Edit Form. When I try to move a small field (radio button), 90% of the time I end up resizing it, a better targeted way without letting go of the mouse to indicate what I want to do (finding the sweet spot for cross hair or resize should be so difficult or at least have a right click). Why does it have to be so difficult to move an element (text or field) from…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. to be able to save directly to apple ICloud drive, at the moment I have to save it loacally and copy it to the icloud drive to share it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to be able to 'fill' a blank box within a PDF with a certain color. Stopping at the borders. That way when I print the PDF that box appears highlighted. Currently, I have to manually create a shape within a box and fill that yellow, that is time consuming and doesn't look professional for my customers. Please build an 'auto-fill' function to fill blank boxes with a desired color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BUG: Can't resize a PDF in one dimension, keeping the other as is. When changing only one dimension it scales the whole pdf proportionally. I want to squash the height or length ONLY without scaling the whole PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am a scientist. In my field we process and review many pdf documents and need to take notes on these documents to perform proper experiments.Often we are combining knowledge from several pdf sources by writing notes on the sides. I am requesting you make personal commenting and highlighting available on locked pdf documents. It is very annoying to have to print and jot notes and underline text of importance. Often our documents are hundreds of pages long and this is not practical. Find a way to allow these features in a locked pdf document. Perhaps this could be done…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Every time i restart Adobe my Quick Tools dissapear and I have to customize them all over again. How do I make them stay permanently?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice if we could select a certain tool (like comment or combine or organize) which can then be automatically selected when opening a new pdf. e.g., sometimes i need to organize the pages of 200 different pdf's, so when i open the next pdf the organize tool would automatically be selected and i could immediatly select the pages to delete.
    i hope i explained this properly, would be a nice feature and it's not that big a deal.

thanks in advance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I create stamps and place them in my stamp pulldown menu. They remain there for the rest of the day. I log off my PC at night. Log back on the morning and open Adobe Acrobat DC. Open a PDF and try to stamp with one of my create stamps. The ones that were at the top of the pulldown as a favorite yesterday is no longer there. I then have to open the stamp and make it a favorite again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be very helpful if a brightness / contrast filter could be applied to pdf's that have come from scans. This would allow poor quality scans to be quickly enhanced to improve readability and contrast

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?