Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. replace all

Would be possible to include a REPLACE ALL function instead of only replace ? Microsoft word has it since 80's. Please its simple and its hurting my **** finger to click a thousand times replace to replace sentences in a long PDF document. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Border Detection for PDF Scans

The auto border detect function that is in the Adobe Scan app needs to be incorporated into Acrobat DC. I have thousands of multi page scanned files that need to the auto border detect/auto border crop done to them. This feature would be very helpful having it on the desktop version of Acrobat DC. Also, there is no way to batch auto detect borders on all pages on a specific PDF file in Adobe scan. That would be extremely helpful as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Editing Text Highlighted

The highlight function should allow users to alter the words highlighted without having to delete the entire highlight and start over. For example, assume highlight 3/4 of a page and then realize I want to include or exclude one word on either end of the highlighted text. Currently, my only option is to delete the entire highlight and start over. This is cumbersome and time consuming. Users should be able to click and drag the highlighted text to change the words highlighted without having to start over.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Editing PDFs - constantly crashing.

It's not an idea, it's a request to stop crashing!!
    I'm trying to edit documents, it has now crashed on me 4 times and I've lost my work each time. I pay monthly, this should not be happening.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add a Flatten function. I was told the current flatten function is "to print the pdf to acrobat." please make flatten function

Please add a Flatten function. I was told the current flatten function is "to print the pdf to acrobat." please make flatten function

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please allow me to paste text without formatting or inheriting the format of the text around it.

Please allow me to paste text without formatting or inheriting the format of the text around it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Daily Crashing

Running Acrobat DC and Mac 10.13.4. It's been crashing for years on various machines and Mac OSs. Seems to crash the most while opening multiple pdfs one after another while using the output preview window and the convert colors window. Hope you guys can fix this issue!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save as...

I don't like the Save and Save as dialogue boxes. The save in a "Different Folder" is in the lower right corner and highlighted. I am so used to the regular "Save" being there, so it's very confusing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Page Extraction and Page Deletion Errors

I use Adobe in construction to review the plans in pdf format. Many times when I need to extract the sheet that our scope of work falls under an error comes us saying please enter a valid page range. Instead of simply being able to extract the page I have to delete all the extra pages I don't need. This is time consuming and does not always work. There are times when having to take this route Adobe says some pages were not removed and I have to save, close Adobe, then open the doc again to be able to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Save 'List layers for visible pages'

Our large organization needs layered PDFs to view and filter AutoCAD layers, since we will no longer be able to make native AutoCAD files available in an AutoCAD viewer.

Layered PDFs seem to have the limitation of not being able to save the option of 'List Layers for Visible Pages'.

In our case, users need to be able to rely on a clean set of layers used for each page, not the confusing list of all layers in the document. We have many multi-paged PDFs that we planned to use to view and filter layers, and the accumulation of layers…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the design team

very hard to work with, not intuitive at all, worst design, change the team, I am giving up and go to other product.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Undo

"undo" should be a simple button you can add to the tool bar similar "Word"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. turn pages in crop dialogue

when I open the crop dialogue I want to turn pages to see what happens to other pages after crop is done but there is no such option and I can only know this only after the cropping is done. If it gone wrong in some pages I have to Ctrl+z and cop again while i'm guessing the future output!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Font search tool

Creating a feature request on behalf of a pre-release user--

Problem Description: I have often the problem that there are fonts in a large pdf files embedded which are not right also created if combining many single pdf files.

Feature Request: A tool to search for fonts, especial for embedded/substituted unknown fonts used in the document
    and a possibility to replace or change it to the right font in one step . At the moment changing fonts is only possible by manually searching an replacing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow unique tooltips for radio button options to support screen reader accessibility

When setting tool tips for a radio button in acrobat, it only allows one tool tip for the entire group. When the PDF is displayed as an "image", as it is in some implementations, a screen reader cannot help someone choose which option to select.

I use text tagging in Acrobat to upload to Adobe Sign. I have to manually adjust every radio button after I upload it because Acrobat does not support unique tool tips per radio option (but Adobe Sign does). This makes the process MUCH more laborious when I could just simply upload it and be done.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Text Editing Color Palette Color Changes Need To Be Permanent

When text editing a PDF, and the user changes the color of the text font in the color palette, if the user moves to another word, sentence, or paragraph, even next to or on the same page as the original text edit, the color of the color palette reverts the editor back to "black" text. The user then must open the color palette AGAIN and chose the color wanted for subsequent text editing. If there are hundreds of text edits in the PDF, the user is forced to open the color palette hundreds of times to change the text editing…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PDF is still freezing for 5-10 seconds or more upon loading doc.

PDF is still freezing for 5-10 seconds or more upon loading doc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Crop Page: Set Page Box does not have scroll bar to click OK

I am using Windows 10 and Acrobat DC.

Issue: I am unable to crop a page because the Set Page Box window does not have a scroll bar. So I cannot scroll down to where the OK button would be to execute the action.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unable to draw shapes

When reviewing existing PDFs I am unable to draw shapes such as rectangles or lines. I have checked the properties and they show 1pt red color selected. This has not been a problem until recently, I've been able to do this on PDF files for the past 15+ years. I have no problem using the yellow highlighter on text, however, just the shape tools. This problem occurs on most PDFs but not all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create Link Keyboard Shortcut

I would like to use a keyboard shortcut to insert a link to a webpage (Word uses CTRL+K). Right now, I can't even get easy access to that action through the Quick Tool bar because only the "Auto-Create Web Linksfrom URLs" and "Remove Web Links" are an option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base