Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. Add an ability to group/ungroup objects so they can be selected and manipulated together.

Add an ability to lock/unlock objects and groups so they won't be selected until you command "Unlock all".

Same as in most vector drawing programs since 1990x!!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please include Hindi text recognition while editing hindi pdf documents or exporting to MS word or RTF format.

There is a huge market requirement for this feature and we are struggling with it currently.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The menus are now at the sides. the top was better or should be a option

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How can this be reverted back to horizontal? An example pic was included, showing the now vertical toolbar. This location is extremely inconvenient and I have users complaining to me.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When working on a change that involves 50 different PDFs, similar but not exact, but all need the same little text box, cloud or arrow added to it - it would be helpful if when copied and pasted it would LAND IN THE SAME PLACE IT WAS ON THE ORIGINAL. It is time consuming to task to have to go to each PDF and adjust the placement.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. how to roll back to old version? I want to go back now.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Why is Arabic not supported?
    May I have a supported app. Can I have an app that is supported in Arabic? I am a subscriber. I pay sums of money monthly
    And the application in which I pay sums of money does not have an Arab

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For example, if we type in text in the pdf using the "Add Text" tool which uses a text box in which you can type.
    Now lets say this text box is quite big and you have typed a lot of stuff into it at different times.
    Suppose you want the formatting of the last paragraph to match the formatting of the first paragraph out of a total of 8 paragraphs (all paragraphs are in the same box).
    Now instead of matching the two paragraphs in formatting by manually selecting Text font, Text size, Bold, Italics, Text colour, Line spacing…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The fact that there is no format painter on Adobe is insane. Microsoft has it, google has it, it seems like everyone has it except you. why don't you? It would save so much time. Just put the dang thing.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A free-hand pen tool would be in Adobe's best interest. This tool would allow users to mark a PDF with a digital pen of sorts.

Other document editors that are inferior in many other ways have been winning out with both myself and many other consumers because of the free-hand drawing & annotating capablities.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ABILITIY TO EDIT PDF's in SharePoint

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adobe's default line spacing is set to 1.20, which is uncommon in documents. Single spacing (1.0) would be much more useful. Because I can't change the default, I have to continually change the line spacing from 1.2 to 1, which is annoying and time consuming. Please update the software so that the user can select the default line spacing.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As also expressed in a bug report related to the changing of font colors within a PDF file, I would like to see Acrobat Pro XI and DC have the ability to change the font color of all pages - or a specified range of pages - within a given document, in one pass. Right now this process must be laboriously applied, one page at a time.

This feature would be analogous to the Crop Tool, for instance, which does provide the ability to apply itself to all or to a range of pages within the specified file.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why did you hide the Snapshot tool?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please revert back to the old layout. Trying to add comments is just painful. I used to be able to quickly select the tools to delete, change and replace, add comments and highlight with ease.

Now everything requires an extra step which is just slowing the process. And now it looks like I can no longer cross text out (without replacing). Please revert back. It was the perfect tool before. Now it's just awkward and cumbersome and it's leaving me so frustrated.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Simply searching for a word in a 450 page document freezes up DC for 20-30 seconds in the new interface. This new interface is junk. I remember when you could get stuff done in Acrobat and it was this amazing tool. Now it's like Adobe doesn't care about UX, but would rather try to create something that's stylish above all. Stop trying to be Apple! No wonder the secondary PDF market is picking up steam. Am happily going back to the old interface.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the time it's taken me to google "acrobat DC update slow not loading," open three different articles, go back, refine my search, click a couple different articles...my 2 page pdf has yet to load. WTF is this new update???

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. the new "add text" does not allow you to add text anywhere overlaying existing text like it used to do. Add text defaults to "edit text" whenever you try to add text over existing text, like lines for entering data. The function to add text to a form is not as useful as simply being able to add text over the existing text. DONT CHANGE A FUNCTION THAT USED TO WORK FINE AND BE VERY USEFUL TO SOMETHING THAT IS LESS FUNCTIONAL. Please revert back to the old Add text function!!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I need the editing tools that have disappeared (strikethrough, text boxes with arrows,etc). These are essential for copy editors and reviewers and they were the reason I bought this program (Acrobat Pr). It is pretty useless to me without these tools!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would it be possible to allow the filename to be renamed by double clicking in the top tab of the file or by other means without creating a duplicate file?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?