Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1210 results found

1. Advise with a window before deleting the checkmarks for files to remove from recent. Too often while I am selectively removing from recent, I exceed some unknown number and all the checkmarks are removed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Electronic bundles created by scanning a physical bundle with double- & single-sided documents tend to have a high proportion of blank pages because the person doing the copying generally finds it easier to scan the whole bundle double sided.
    The blank pages increase the file size and make working on the bundles very annoying.
    Currently the only option is manually removing the blank pages, one at a time and although it solves the problem in the long run it is an immensely irritating chore itself.
    Adobe support on Twitter thought they had a fix using the 'Page is empty' function…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi developers, how to change video file if i already inserted a rich media to the document? Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The font list on Mac Os Acrobat is in the standard font- see screenshot (usually each font name is shown in its style so you understand what it looks like more or less).
    On Acrobat on Mac Os in order to see what font looks like you need to apply it to the text in the document - so you literally need to apply 100 fonts to see what they are when looking for the right one.
    In short - there is no preview samples of fonts on the list like there is on Acrobat on Windows. I had to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There needs to be a simple way to convert text to path. (The utility of this is begin able to use parts of the pdf file in illustrator without having the fonts.) Googling this shows there is demand for the feature. Currently the feature sort of exists in the "flatten transparency" settings, but it does not work correctly if there is no transparent feature in the pdf. The workaround is to add a watermark or other transparent object, THEN edit the flatten settings. Silly workaround for a common enough need. I'd call this a bug, since the flatten options clearly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We get documents form a few of our clients in metric sizes. But we only print in English sizes. "Fit' or "shrink to fit" in the print screen works but it alters the sizes of the text and results in off center paragraphs and blocks of text.
    Would be nice if we could just go to a tool that would reposition the images and text to fit on standard English sizes.

An alternate solution might be if we could reflow the text onto blank standard sheets (and resize images with handles) as needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In MS word or ppt, if you click 2 hypens -- and then a space, it turns the 2 hyphens into an em dash. In google docs, you have to select substitutions and find the right dash (it's a pain, but you can do it). In Acrobat, I want to insert an em dash and I can't see how to do it, so I'm stuck using 2 hyphens -- and it looks very unprofessional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adobe MUST create automatic links generated by the system to open pdf attachments migrating from a WORD document, Presently a pdf attachment from WORD to PDF DOES NOT OPEN IN THE PDF DOCUMENT! This is not business friendly. the customer should not have to learn how to create links for the PDF attachments to open!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be nice if there would be a menu available to insert special characters or symbols directly in Adobe, as is available in f.e. Word.
    Now, you have to use the ALT code or you need to copy paste the special character from a different application to Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Further to highlighting /marking text without a comment, could you please do the same for the shapes and lines, sometimes i just want to add a rectangle or circle without adding a comment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Further to highlighting /marking text without a comment, could you please do the same for the shapes and lines, sometimes i just want to add a rectangle or circle without adding a comment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am trying to edit an 8 page document and when it is about 5 pages through the conversion process to OCR it closes and does not complete. It would be nice if I could still edit a document without it needing to convert to OCR. I always undo OCR anyways.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Situation
    A fillable PDF was created to be used as a template when bidding jobs. The PDF was placed on OneDrive and the permissions were changed to read only as to not be able to save over the blank template. When the file is open on a PC with the Acrobat DC application, the file works as intended and the user is forced to "save as" and not allowed to overwrite the blank template. When opened on an iPhone or iPad, the read only permission is completely overridden and the blank template is allowed to be edited and overwritten.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide ability to change the color of the highlighter tool other than just allowing for yellow. For someone who reads legal documents all day long, it is important to have the ability to change the color of the highlighter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have tried everything I can do to activate my plan. I can see the plan under the Plans tab, I can see the order number and the billing information under the tabs but I cannot edit a PDF file. Its kind of a frustrating experience even after paying $179 still cannot get the service required.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The redact feature is really buggy, I was trying to redact text but the overlay text even set really small would go into two lines rather than one word and to select the redact paragraph was not user friendly. I instead just redacted it with the overlay white cover and then used the comment feature and wrote in redact

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I work a lot with 2-bit (black/white) files of music scores. Since there is not a lot of text, the OCR-based deskew doesn't always work. In the current version of Acrobat DC there is NO incremental rotate, and if you use the "Edit Using" function to get to Photoshop, the Arbitrary rotation functionality is unavailable. This means there is CURRENTLY NO WAY TO DESKEW MUSIC using any combination of Adobe products. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?