Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. I'm very disappointed. The new "upgrade" scrambles all of my words after editing a pdf and using "save as"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. After a few minutes, you can no long select pages and delete. I have to close, reopen the program. It work another few minutes then quits.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I've discovered a bug on the split tool. It is not able to be used when added to the toolbar on the side. Furthermore, when navigating to "organize pages", then using the split tool, a dropdown appears. In that dropdown, the num pad creates letters instead of numbers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The majority of time I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC I want my text box properties to be Arial, Blue, Bold and in Italics. Every time I select the Add Text tool I have to re-select these properties, it is very redundant and diminishes my productivity. From what I understand Adobe Acrobat used to allow a default to be set to accomplish this that is no longer available. Please bring it back.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add tools like "line" and "shape" to the Editing tab. I would think that a program with this many users would include simple tools like this.

Yes, I know there are Commenting tools that do this. However, I do not want them to show up as comments in the document - I want these objects to be part of the PDF itself.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add Arabic language recognition when using the text editing feature in the pdf file

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The highlighter tool is horrible. Sometimes it recognizes text, sometimes it doesn't. I personally want to be able to freehand highlight whenever I want, and be able to switch to text highlight if i decide to. Instead, it just chooses for me and there is no way to fix it. In the google chrome extension it works, theres an option, but on the actual desktop app there is no option. That is insane and ridiculous.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why am I unable to paste pages into a document once that document has reached 100 pages? I expect Adobe Acrobat to be more powerful than that limitation. Certainly other people using Adobe Acrobat have documents to compile that go beyond 100 pages long.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Its currently not possible to select a default measurement unit. The default is Imperial (inches / Feet).

As a paid subscription, it should be possible to select a default measurement unit/ type, considering only 3 countries in the world recognise imperial as their official unit of measurement it seems crazy that A/ the default is imperial, and B) that it cannot be changes to Metric.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I only have the option to save. Where's the save as? There's no 'file' drop down menu. I only see Home and Tools. And underneath this there's a save button, but I want a save as button.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am trying to copy both Thai text and Burmese text from a Pdf document. But these are not recognized languages in this Adobe program so it tries to copy them as English and makes a mess of them. Why can't the text be copied over as it appears in the original document? Then, I could use Google translate to change that into English. There is no need for Adobe to recognize the language being copied, just copy it exactly as it is in the original document.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I review a downloaded file or make changes to a document and go to save the file I get a blank "Save as PDF" window that never completes loading. If I use [ctrl][s] to save the file I get a message that I don't have write privileges for the document. The program worked fine until yesterday.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I use the split PDF, I select split by "Top level bookmarks" and "The same Folder Selected at Start" for "Target Folder" and "Use bookmark names for file names" under "File Labeling" under "Output Options". Then I click "Ok" and click on "Split".

I receive an error message that says "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

However, the file is NOT ready-only and no one else has the file open because it's saved in a local folder on my computer's…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please, please, please make it so that I can split a pdf into individual pages and retain each individual page's thumbnail name! I do not want 100 pages named the same thing and just numbered 1-100. This would be so helpful in construction/architecture/engineering. The thumbnails are usually all named exactly what I need all the individual pages to be. Instead, I have to split document and then go back and rename them all to match thumbnails again. Would be such a time saver since it is already done by architects releasing the document!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please please please allow turning OFF that annoying editing popup that appears constantly in the way of my editing. It is unnecessary and time consuming to deal with. A BAD idea—get rid of it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I set up a custom tool bar but I have to select it every time I open adobe - I'd like to have it stay as a default and not have to click on the icon for the tool every time

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a color background to new text boxes ie. a white background so that text placed over other text or images effectively erases what the text box is placed over allowing new text to be seen clearly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Oh my freaking God. PLease add back, or make it easier to change the color of the text box!!!!!@!!!

Why did you change this?????

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. an undo tool is necessary on standard toolbar to undo the last edit.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. FORMAT PAINTER NEEDED -- Just like Microsoft Word; this function is WAAAAAAAAAAY overdue. Simple. Needed often. Requested 2 yrs ago

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?