Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1205 results found

1. Please add support to opening (viewing),editing and creating .epub files. It is the only file format not supported by most common publishing softwares like MS word and Adobe Acrobat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have many documents that I regularly access and add text to. In a previous version of Adobe Pro, when I would click in the area of text, the whole area would become editable and I could add text that lined up with what was previously added. Now, if you click "edit PDF," every single character is selected in its own bounding box and there is no way to do the previously described adding of text, other than to enable the "add text" feature, which is not the same as what I described above. Often times, I need to adjust…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. allow highlighting of ALL WORDS AT ONCE after a word search. Going to EACH page is very tedious and laborious. For what we pay to use Adobe we should able to do this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. An issue with viewing PDF files in IE based apps was found in Adobe Acrobat 20.013.20064 Planned update, Nov 03, 2020. The issue was that PDFs were not able to be viewed in IE based apps and accessing PDFs would cause programs such as SAPGUI to crash.

A fix was released as an optional update (20.013.20066 Optional update, Nov 23, 2020).

It was found out that the fix was not included in 20.013.20074 Out of cycle update, December 09, 2020 because users who did not receive the optional update are now reporting that they have the issue of PDFs not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add more color options like orange, pink, and grey for highlighting in Adobe Reader IOS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Edit to incorporate all comments into the document, i.e. not comments anymore. Often suggestions stamp or additions become part of the document officially, but can't be made a part of the document in Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello. I just submitted the following suggestions to adobe regarding their Comment feature for Adobe Acrobat Pro, and am wondering if I am missing something (i.e., if perhaps any of these features or functions already exist therein), in perhaps some other type of accessible modality, and if so, if you might be able to do an instructional video, as related to how to perform those specified functions (?) - and I thank you, in advance.
    Submitted suggestions / dialogue, was as follows:
    "New Product Text Editing Feature Requests / Suggestions, for usage within pop-out panel that appears on right side…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The placement and removal of tool symbols on the display on the top of the page is hard to control and unnecessarily complicated. It is clear how to add tools to the display by selecting the upward arrow, but why can't I remove tools in a similar manner? Why are the 'custom quick tools' hidden behind two other menu items? Ideally, one should be able to replace the displayed items by dragging their symbols on and off the display bar. There is a huge advantage of convenience when the tool is pinned to the top display bar versus having to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Being able to edit pdf on the adobe website would be great because I was dyslexic and can then change the font on my pdfs or have them read out loud for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We discovered a word that need to be replaced during our final pdf output from Framemaker so we edited the pdf. Once we copied the Arabic word from our excel spread sheet the entire book became corrupted by scrambling letters, changing font appearances and reversing parenthesis and other characters. Need this fixed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. No one uses them. it is practically annoying when using half screen when they are there, while my useful tools are gone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sometimes when I scan, there is a lot of empty space around that I would like to delete using Adobe Acrobat DC.

Currently, the cropped content is only hidden, and it increases the file size. This feature was also discussed here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/discarding-cropped-area-with-adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-2018/td-p/10407421?page=1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I go to edit text, there is a huge danger than boxes move. I don't want to edit format. I want to edit text. You make that hard and dangerous. I am wasting time, fixing boxes that should never have moved just because I wanted to color code section of the document to make each section easier to see and to fill out. And they don't always move the way I want them to to get back in place. Why is sit so hard! Split the process if you need to so that I edit text or I edit…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/combining-text-boxes-acrobat-pro-dc-2018-pc/m-p/11032569?page=1#M249220

The link above is where this conversation is listed. You need to fix this. It makes everyone who uses your program angry and it messes up so many documents. It's ridiculous trying to do anything with it because it automatically chooses to move where the text boxes are when created in Acrobat. It's not acceptable to just say this is not an editing program. It doesn't matter. The product you provide does not fulfill the needs of your customers and it is causing MAJOR issues when trying to do just about anything related to text boxes.

BeviChagnon__PubCom…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Every time I use alternate characters or style set of a font in a PDF created in Illustrator or InDesign, if the text is edited in Acrobat the characters revert back the the default.

An example is using the font Circular. If I set my font to style set 2 (single story "a") in Illustrator or InDesign, and try to edit the PDF in Acrobat, the font defaults to style set 1 (double story "a").

It would be nice if Acrobat either preserved advanced font settings or offered the same settings. What is the point of customizing your fonts in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With the Excel 2010/Acrobat X combination, I could create pdf files from my Excel files and remove the headers/footers in Acrobat X.
    With the Excel 365/Acrobat DC combination, this fuctionality doesn't work anymore: when I create pdf files from my Excel files, Acrobat DC tell me that it doesn't find headers/footers to remove.
    I would very much appreciate having this functionality back.
    Thank you,
    André

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want to copy parts of a locked pdf (I don't have the key) into xl. Seems impossible with Adobe. Others offer this free online eg https://smallpdf.com/pdf-to-word Am I subscribing to the wrong provider (Adobe)?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You guys know its terrible. Myself and presumably million of people just want to take a pdf file and do simple thongs to it. Take all of the photos out, or all of the text.

We need to stop pretending like we dont already know whats wrong with it all. While we in the US watch the latest sci-fi showing us simplicity and ease, we work in settings that dont even try to mimic this within present day reason. Our employers, clients, and projects dont think removing the photos from a dos should take two hours, so why are we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?