Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. Topic: bad PDF file handling in worst case situations.
    2. Situation: you open a PDF from a network drive and start to edit, then the network connection gets lost. Several issues might now occur, see below.
    3. Windows 10
    4. It would be expectable that Acrobat can still save the file, because it resides in memory or Acrobat has a cache and can save from there.
    5. What happened: A file has been opened from a network drive, something that's common in companies with many PCs. The first issue was that this approx. 40 MB file had a lot of comments and while scrollin/skipping…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  1. Editing images is difficult now that this hover-over menu pops up on top of the image. It's very annoying and not user friendly

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. seems to happen after Acrobat has been open for a while. error does not occur after closing and opening Acrobat. not a huge dealbreaker but definatley annoying

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I went to preferences - accessibility and then changed the colours of the text and background (black to white and white to black). It worked in the acrobat app because the colours really did change as I wanted. but then when both saving and exporting the pdf, it still looks the same. I want to view my pdfs in preview, not acrobat. So if this option doesn't actually change the pdf itself but just views it differently in the app, then it is useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This has happened in some variety in previous iterations of Acrobat; I went into organize pages and after the first reorder (I dragged page 5 into position 2) 4 pages appeared from a document I had created yesterday. I did no functions to import any items to the current document. I only wanted to delete 2 pages (starting # 2 and 3) and move the last page to be page 2 instead of page 5. The pdf that was inserted into my document wasn't even open.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The upgrade gives an error and has reloaded for 4. I have also tried resetting the computer as well as deleting Adobe and reinstalling it. It still doesn't load though and so I can't edit the desired document.
    Update: The next day. Now it no longer reports an error but stops at 90% and stays there. I left it twice for an hour, but the % didn't change or it didn't load. I also restarted both the program and the computer. Nothing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On Mac, ctrl-cmd-H is used to highlight text. But when I accidentally typed that sequence in Acrobat, it made both the "quick tool" floating menu AND the "All Tools" panel vanish. Since I didn't know what I'd done to make them vanish, I had no way to bring them back: there is no item anywhere in the Acrobat menu that allows that.

Fortunately restarting the Acrobat app makes the floating menu reappear. I finally worked out how I was making it vanish and realized that typing ctrl-cmd-H would bring it back. But there should be an option under View-Show/Hide to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I need the editing tools that have disappeared (strikethrough, text boxes with arrows,etc). These are essential for copy editors and reviewers and they were the reason I bought this program (Acrobat Pr). It is pretty useless to me without these tools!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There is no point to adjusting "Automatically save document changes to temporary file every _ minutes." I have it set to 1 minute, but when Acrobat crashed, it recovered the document I started with over an hour ago-no saves since I started. This happens regularly, regardless if I save local or to Adobe cloud storage.
    If I have to duplicate the time spent compiling my study notes, I might as well go back to physical printouts that save in real time, and scan to make searchable if needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to be able to save without the window who ask me where to save when the file already exist somewhere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would be nice to be able to highlight words, sentences, or sections while in read mode. Give it a more realistic feel and allow you to read and mark important sections.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When I use the organize pages tool and select odd pages, Acrobat quits. I can select even pages with no issues, so I have no clue what is going on. It happens EVERY TIME.

I do have the latest version of Enfocus PitStop installed, but I haven't had a chance to uninstall PitStop to see if that is part of the problem.

I am on Mac OS Sonoma 14.0.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When specifying a date field in a form there is just about every date format available except dd/mm/yyyy - it has to be added as a custom format each time. This is commonly how dates are written in Australia/NZ, would be very handy to have this in the list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When a person must edit a document, it normally means changing some text. Which could be (interestingly) bolding a word. Or using the same font that is being used all over the document.

Now if you wish, I can send you a PDF and you try to do that simple task. Especially in the newest Adobe Acrobat.

But most probably you have some PDF documents yourself around.

I really hope you will somehow grasp the difference between "normal" editors which allow you to simply select the text and bold it and the worldwide know tool Adobe Acrobat where you:

1. Open…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I go to add multiple pages to my PDF, the same page is inserted multiple times, rather than the different pages I have selected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I created this PDF from blank page in Acrobat and now I am unable to edit the images in this file. It can't be selected using bounding box. I believe this is a bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I need the font of Gotham but it is not exist, it should be downloaded and upload new fonts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ever since the new update/release came out of Adobe Acrobat Pro, when I click "edit," none of the properties show up in the panel where they are supposed to be displayed. Ugh.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ever since the last update, when I change the output options for splitting pages they seem to be ignored. I like to split into 1 page, with NO label and NO separator. Even when I uncheck the boxes for these things the files are still labeled with PART and _. I have also deleted these from the prefilled boxes and they still show up. This costs me extra time since I have to alter the file names of each page to delete the label and separator.

It'd also be nice to have defaults like there used to be- now it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?