Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1205 results found

1. If I want to CROP a page, I can do so by simply right-clicking the page under "Organize Pages." Resizing the pages should be just as simple; it should not require a visit to pre-flight or other hoop-jumping.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Problem: A PDF-file of 7600 pages. Selecting all even pages in Tools/Manage Pages. Then deleting all even pages except the first or last one. That takes on my iMac with newest DC version over 45 minutes. On a 10 years old PC with Acrobat version 5 it takes less then 3 minutes. That is 15 times faster! This bug needs to be fixed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AFTER AN UPDATE I CAN NOT LONGER SAVE MY PDF I CLICK SAVE OR SAVE AS AN THE BOX OPENS BUT THERE IS NO WRITING NO DROP DOWN BOXES hp

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I save over an old file (with the same name) and open it, it reverts to the previous saved version. Looks fine with all the changes done in the Preview, but the moment I open the file it is still the old version. Fine if we rename file or quite Acrobat and open fresh. So this looks like some sort of caching bug?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I loath, with such passion, the new format of this software. The mutliple tabs, the obscure locations of tools that used to be easily found. Seriously acrobat. wtf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Running Acrobat DC and Mac 10.13.4. It's been crashing for years on various machines and Mac OSs. Seems to crash the most while opening multiple pdfs one after another while using the output preview window and the convert colors window. Hope you guys can fix this issue!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lately when I move pages around in the thumbnail preview and save (then close). When I (or my client) open the pdf it opens (defaults) to the page that WAS page 1 in the original InDesign document, instead of the rearranged pdf page 1. e.g. It would open to the middle of the pdf.

i.e. The pdf has saved the page rearrangement but it opens to the 'old' page 1.

My only workaround is to create another InDesign file, rearrange the pages and export. This is because my document is a 4pp double-page spread, so page 1 is in fact…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I don't like the Save and Save as dialogue boxes. The save in a "Different Folder" is in the lower right corner and highlighted. I am so used to the regular "Save" being there, so it's very confusing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When trying to save an edited .pdf, "the file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder" error pop-up is presented. I am the only user with it open, I have made edits to the document (not read only) and, in several cases, I am the creator of the document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I edit a PDF and copy text or change font, all the text gets scrambled into weird symbols

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. i want some transient bookmarks that doesn't get saved after i close the pdf

or another bookmark panel

When reading a study material, i often have to go back and forth between pages / chapters to reread an idea the go back to the page i was in

it becomes a hassle to look for the same spot i was reading

ofcourse i can bookmark the page i was in but i don't want to mess with the original bookmark or the pdf

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Split a scanned PDF page in half (into two pages) would be great feature!

This feature can be included in the latest updates?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I keep having trouble when using Adobe. I am a long time customer though I am not using it a lot and got issues each time I am using it. This time something that should be done in 2 clicks is to delete a couple of pages from a doc. I can select them but the delete function doesn't work or I got a pop-in message saying that I am not permitted!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to remove the Trash Icon that comes up every time i select an edit on PDFs. This gets in the way of my edits and i accidentally end up deleting things. This must have been on the most recent update because i never use to have this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide option to insert page numbers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the past few weeks, I have had issues editing PDF's. Now, this is something I do regularly but this issue has just started to happen.
    I get multiple editing boxes overlaying each other and images, If i am editing text the text box may be overlapped with other text box/es.
    They are sorted of layered but only part of each box is editable, therefore I really cant edit anything withour mucking up the formatting of the whole document. These docs are produced by me and saved as PDF's but when I need to edit to update etc it is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We need a keyboard shortcut for "go to the next sticky note." This would prevent my having to scroll through the comments pane if I have a lot of callouts and text boxes (in addition to sticky notes).

Sorting the comments doesn't work; I need to be able to see the text boxes and callouts as I'm reviewing the sticky notes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Our large organization needs layered PDFs to view and filter AutoCAD layers, since we will no longer be able to make native AutoCAD files available in an AutoCAD viewer.

Layered PDFs seem to have the limitation of not being able to save the option of 'List Layers for Visible Pages'.

In our case, users need to be able to rely on a clean set of layers used for each page, not the confusing list of all layers in the document. We have many multi-paged PDFs that we planned to use to view and filter layers, and the accumulation of layers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In editing PDFs one of the major concerns is that all pages of a book are the same size. Given that a lot of time you have to crop pages in order to get rid of the excess space in scanned documents, could you please make a fixed cropping tool (close to a fixed size clipping mask), which you could apply to all pages and then MOVE THE PAGE around (even resize it) to fit in the cropping area.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. To Whom it may concern for future developments,

In many cases .pdfs being saved have to be changed manually from #.pdf or untitled.pdf to a specific sometimes longer saved document names.
    Thus far there isn't a way to insert the existing title into a header or footer and have it upgrade automatically (or copied into the header or footer upon printing or opening and saving or transferring). It would safe countless hours having to manually changing the title. I have 1500-2500+ pages I have to upgrade at least twice when changing the titles of the saved .pdf documents. This is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?