Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1202 results found

1. I must admit I find the Acrobat editing features terrible. Why not have an "Edit" that allows editing of text and fields, instead Edit PDF and Edit Form. When I try to move a small field (radio button), 90% of the time I end up resizing it, a better targeted way without letting go of the mouse to indicate what I want to do (finding the sweet spot for cross hair or resize should be so difficult or at least have a right click). Why does it have to be so difficult to move an element (text or field) from…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. everytime i edit a document, Adobe crashes and i lose everything. so much time wasted. please fix ASAP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I do a lot of reviewing of documents (I'm a lecturer in a college). In the old version of acrobat, I could (for example) select text and delete using the keyboard. Now I have to select text, move to the mouse, hit the right key, and select the menu item 'strikethrough'. This is a much more extensive interaction that takes a lot of extra time when you have a 200 page 1st draft thesis in front of you for example, that might need 20 such interactions per page. GOMs theory backs that me up here. Am I missing something: is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. to be able to save directly to apple ICloud drive, at the moment I have to save it loacally and copy it to the icloud drive to share it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Creating a feature request on behalf of a pre-release user--

Problem Description: I have often the problem that there are fonts in a large pdf files embedded which are not right also created if combining many single pdf files.

Feature Request: A tool to search for fonts, especial for embedded/substituted unknown fonts used in the document
    and a possibility to replace or change it to the right font in one step . At the moment changing fonts is only possible by manually searching an replacing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I use bookmarks to store documents similar to how they would be stored in a file cabinet. Occasionally, I need to move the pages withing the document which requires two stepsl, (1) move the pages; (2) move the bookmark. I suggest allowing pages to be associated with a bookmark. Once the association is made between pages and a bookmark, then when you move the bookmark to a new location, the pages would move with it. I would then extend this feature to allow bookmarks to be dragged and dropped between files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to be able to 'fill' a blank box within a PDF with a certain color. Stopping at the borders. That way when I print the PDF that box appears highlighted. Currently, I have to manually create a shape within a box and fill that yellow, that is time consuming and doesn't look professional for my customers. Please build an 'auto-fill' function to fill blank boxes with a desired color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to insert an image from my iPad (take a photo) and then put it on a pdf. I would also like to be able to access it later on my desktop. This would be perfect for field construction

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When setting tool tips for a radio button in acrobat, it only allows one tool tip for the entire group. When the PDF is displayed as an "image", as it is in some implementations, a screen reader cannot help someone choose which option to select.

I use text tagging in Acrobat to upload to Adobe Sign. I have to manually adjust every radio button after I upload it because Acrobat does not support unique tool tips per radio option (but Adobe Sign does). This makes the process MUCH more laborious when I could just simply upload it and be done.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I frequently create links in Acrobat. It would be very, very helpful if there was a shortcut to create them, just as there is for creating bookmarks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I write accent marks in the bookmarks tags they do not appear, for example, I cannot write "título", which I could in the previous version of Acrobat. I work in spanish. They only appear if I'm not writing but selecting the text and then cmd+b. But I don't always want to do that, frequently because that text is upper case and I mostly use upper/lower case in the bookmarks.

The only solution I've found for "writing" them is to find a letter with accent mark I need within the text, copy it and past it in the bokkmark's title.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I use Acrobat and pdfs every day to save, print and share client files. With this latest "upgrade" of Acrobat DC, it usually takes at least 3 or 4 times opening a document to be able to use it. I open a document and all I get is the spinning circle. I can wait till the cows come home, but it won't do anything. If I click on the document, it says Acrobat is not responding. If I click on it again, it grays out the entire page and I have to close the program. This will happen time after…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Every time I've used the Edit feature in the last few weeks, it has corrupted the text. Worked fine before that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If I want multiple different footers within 1 document, I have to open the footer each time, be sure to select only the page range for each footer, and enter a starting page number for each. This is extremely aggravating if one of the footers needs to be updated or changed. It would be great to set all the footers at one time and when updating all the footers would be listed, and then you could select the footer that needs to change or update. Also, Is there a way to fix the shrink option to only happen when applying…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BUG: Can't resize a PDF in one dimension, keeping the other as is. When changing only one dimension it scales the whole pdf proportionally. I want to squash the height or length ONLY without scaling the whole PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am a scientist. In my field we process and review many pdf documents and need to take notes on these documents to perform proper experiments.Often we are combining knowledge from several pdf sources by writing notes on the sides. I am requesting you make personal commenting and highlighting available on locked pdf documents. It is very annoying to have to print and jot notes and underline text of importance. Often our documents are hundreds of pages long and this is not practical. Find a way to allow these features in a locked pdf document. Perhaps this could be done…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As an architect reviewing submittal data from manufacturers, I have several review stamps and notation box functions on an older Acrobat version. Lines, arrows, text box, Ctrl+E for text and font, notation box with arrow, and a full library of business stamps and custom stamps are in my world. How do I set up this Acrobat DC Pro to accept these functions?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I do not see simple pen tool in the edit PDF menu. need simple pen tool and ability to create other basic objects (triangle, rectangle, circle etc.. )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?