Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

238 results found

1. We are coming from a firm that used to have Kofax Power PDF.
    We decided to switch applications and go to Adobe since it integrates well with iManage. There is one feature that user's loved in Kofax which is the way to convert files from a PDF to another application just by Right-Clicking on a PDF on your Desktop for instance and converting it in to Word. You have it for converting Word, Excel, and so on to PDF. Why not include converting PDF in to other applications by right clicking. This way users dont have to open up the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why is there always something not working properly in Adobe?

I want to export all pages in one PDF to ONE SINGLE IMAGE FILE, not a separate image for each **** page. Why is that so impossible to do? It is frustrating - my goodness.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When exporting the CSV of our subscriptions users we could also show the date the users were added? Currently the fields are just Identity Type, Username, Email, First Name, Last name, it would be great to be able to see commencement date for our records. Currently we receive invoices with no user names on them and are not able to see when users have signed up so it is quite hard to reconcile billing periods for all the users within our organisation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to upload some medical records to the website of a new healthcare provider. I currently have these records in PDF form. The website requires that documents to be uploaded be in the form of HL7 compliant XML files. Simple XML files will not work.

I asked for chat help on your website. The chat assistant, Ajita, said that this function was not currently supported. I said I wanted to convey a suggestion to your organization to add this function. Ajita gave me this link.

I feel that this function could be of interest to many people as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. TLDR: expected result is that fonts will look the same in exported JPEG as they do in the PDF (when displayed 1:1). They currently don't.

When exporting to JPEG from PDF, even at max quality setting, embedded fonts have no smoothing/anti-aliasing applied when rasterized and look very choppy. Especially if exporting for web at 72ppi. Only way to mitigate (without fully resolving) this is to export at some absurdly high resolution (600+). We need not only resolution settings but dimension settings for JPEG export settings, and the embedded fonts need to be rasterized at that size and resolution / have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great to have the option to append an exported PDF file name with for example "print", "proof", "_cropped" in the PDF settings.
    Clients often require a print PDF with spreads, marks and bleeds and also web versions cropped and exported at screen resolution.
    It would be great to differentiate these files automatically, especially when exporting large batches of files.
    Please also add to option to export more than one PDF when packaging files for delivery.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I export the same PDF and get 3 different results, made up special characters replce certain letters or symbols... each line gets converted into a single text box, or I can simply not export at all...

Premiere and Audition only work with older versions, the new ones will not run on any of my 3 PCs... I have a 4000 USD PC, so please don't tell me it is me.,...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export PDF to TIFF - Option to anti-alias vectors/text. Right now text and vector have jagged edges when using this export function. Rather than having to purchase 3rd party app or using Photoshop, it would be handy to export my TIFF files from a hi res PDF. I am only doing this because InDesign does not offer the ability to export to TIFF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I purchased the export function to convert PDF content to text - your, excel, word and RTF options just offer a COPY of the pdf with tables and comments - what a waste of time. I need to convert bank statements to text either in .txt or csv - is this possible? If not I would like to cancel the subscription please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. After selecting and exporting a pdf to another file, the user has to click close and then open the tool again to select another file. this requires 2 clicks and going in and out of pages. a great option would be to have "select new file/change file", right underneath the already selected file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am interested in establishing password for a PDF document which is applicable to a specific person. Same password should not allow document to be opened by another person.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Acrobat DC std/pro do not have an option to save multiple open files at once. If i have 10 pdfs open in 10 different tabs there is no way to save all of those files at once to a single location. You have to save one by one.

Similarly you cannot open multiple recent items. Yes you can select multiple recent items using the checkbox but the only available option thereafter is to combine or remove from list. No option to OPEN.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Instead of downloading a pdf from the internet and puting it into a file or folder, or other storage device, and then sending that pdf to Acrobat to convert into Word, could there be a file in Acrobat called "downloads" so i could save the step of downloading the pdf elsewhere and then into Acrobat and just download the pdf directly into Acrobat?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Exporting a multi-page document to JPG produces a first page having a larger dimensions and higher resolution than the pages 2 through n. All JPG pages should have the same properties.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Arabic language PDF are not converted to text in versions

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export to excel is combining part of the data into a single column. In the attached file, line G on Table 2 is being combined.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Acrobat DC 2020 (20.013.20064)
    MacOSX 10.14.16

We have a lot of PDFs created in Adobe InDesign or other applications that embed themselfs PDFs as source. By converting/exporting those resulting main PDFs in Acrobat DC (or since ever on every Acrobat Pro version) to a Word (.docx or .doc) document, those enbedded PDFs are converted to the Word internal vector grafic format and puts enbedded text to Word text chunks that are layered over the converted grafic and almost over other layout parts of the resulting Word document rendering it unusable. As MS Word itself does support embedding PDFs by encapsulating…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Acrobat DC 2020 (20.013.20064)
    MacOSX 10.14.16

Exporting PDFs in Acrobat DC 2020 to Word (.docx or .doc) embedded raster images with (rastered) text (e.g. maps etc.) are blurry/with low resolution in the resulting Word document. This is especially the case if the export OCR option is clearly disabled. Other raster images (without text) are not affected. Embeeded raster images in the source PDF can be jpg or tif with "high" resolution like 300 or 600dpi and the result is allways the same bad quality for raster images with text (either source format of the embedded images), but as good as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?