Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

242 results found

1. Just fix the totally screwed up s pile you have made of my adobe files which I can no longer open, attach to emails or send to dropbox. I have one file which is large 10 MB but which was fine two years ago. it represents two months of a building design which I now require and which will not open. Same story with numerous other files as well. Thanks for nothing. I will spend a small fortune now paying a tech to sort this spile out. Your unrequested update a year or so ago totally f'd my adobe files…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When combining multiple pdf documents, it's been found that if those documents were batch-converted from docx to pdf through Windows Explorer right-click 'Convert to PDF' option, combined as sub-sections/parts/chapters, then combined together again to generate a complete document, that the final compiled pdf document will generate numerous font glitches in specific font types.

While the first-stage pdf conversions & combine-as-pdf (step-1&2) appear normal, when the resulting pdfs are combined into a single pdf file (step-3), the font glitches occur. This may manifest of dropped letters, unexplained spacing, odd formatting, or otherwise unintelligible text. We noticed this in our section headers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Exporting a PDF to JPEG in Acrobat Pro DC 21.011.20039 to multi-user network drives does not work. The files immediately get deleted upon exporting. Local drives or single-user network drives work fine. Two of our users are experiencing this behaviour with different PDF-files, so it's not only one specific file.

Our OS is Win10 1909 (Build 18363.2094)

We verified it is not an issue with their authorization on the network drive and we unsuccessfully tried the "Repair installation"-feature of Acrobat.

The only solution we found is setting the compatibility mode of Acrobat.exe to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)", but that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dear Adobe support,

There've been numerous bug reports on very similar font issues like mine in the past, but this bug here can be reproduced so easily, that I need to get the word out to you.

Bug Description:

I'm running a windows 10 pro x64 machine with InDesign CC (17.0.1 x64) to create pdfs. For viewing I rely on Acrobat Pro DC (2021.011.20039), but I keep getting this bug constantly (even with the standard Reader and on Mac!).

The important point now is the use of the font style called Rubik Light, because every single time I make use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide option in Export to allow a range of pages to be exported as alternate formats, e.g. JPEG files

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mac - converted PDF to word and did some changes in the file and again converted back to PDF. PDF conversion failed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I convert a Word to PDF and then from convert the PDF to HTML, the hanging indentation of the number list is not aligned. Please see the upload file. the top file is the Word, middle file is pdf and last file is HTML. No problem in the PDF file but problem exists in HTML file (the first line of the a paragraph does not indent in a tab size).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashes when I export a PDF to JPEG. I'm on version 20.006.20042.Windows 10.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When exporting to excel, there is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY TOO MUCH wrong formatting specifically with merging cells or entering an entire page from the pdf file into cells A1 - A5 that are merged and centered with text wrapped.

Can the pdf exporter to excel actually work so if I have a pdf file with a report that is a table 10 columns by 20 rows actually go into excel the same way and not end up being 15 columns and 8 rows due to all the excel cells merging.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I tried to export a PDF to Excel in order to capture and manipulate the data without having to retype it. When I did so, the resulting Excel document was unreadable and the formatting was off. I have several files like this that I need to extract the data from. I have Acrobat Pro for Mac. I'm using osSierra version 10.12.6. Please see the attached PDF and resulting Excel output file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chantal Smith,

The attached PDF is already an OCRed file whose output is incorrect. Try to copy and paste the text from the PDF file. It contains garbage values.

Please provide non-OCRed file for this issue.

Regards,
    Akanksha Garg
    Adobe Acrobat Team

11. I've been using Adobe PDF converter for several months (PDF to excel) and today started having an issue where one random PDF out of the batch will convert to just a blank excel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up.
    Could you please help us with the pdf files and the exported output?
    For better clarity, please include : Problem statement, reproducible steps, OS platform, Acrobat build# that you are using.

Regards,
    Adobe Acrobat Team

12. The "Export a PDF" function has been broken since my Adobe Acrobat got updated a few days ago. I click on the menu and no options come up. I'm on Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I currently have an embedded W-9 tax form on my website. This same form may be signed my thousands of users who are participants in my website's referral program. I need to export form field data like name, address and TIN to a single CSV so I can share with my accountant at year-end for 1099 processing. Currently, I can export the data to a CSV 1 file at a time (see screenshot 1). There should be a function to check multiple agreements generated from the same web form template and export data into a single CSV with many rows…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We have in our PDF odd and even headers.
    Then we have other header at site 10 .

When Export PDF to Word the Header. All header are the same.

We need that in Word are also different headers.

FirstPage is all ok.
    Five Page the is bug with odd even header.
    NinePage the is bug with odd even header and at the end is no - T02 only - T01

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Every time I convert regular PDFs to PDFA, it rotates at least one of the pages and then I have to try it again. Sometimes I have to try twice before it converts but doesn't rotate the page. Not sure why this happens nor how to stop it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Since the update I have only been successful with converting a PDF 1 time - I have not been able to convert to Word or Excel (which is what I need) since this last update. I am not getting an error either. I have checked the downloads - Adobe is just not converting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide a back and forward arrows to view previous or next file in current folder.

The reason for this is that it is very time consuming to view a file, close it and open the next file in a folder. I have a free program called IrfanView that I use for image files that has this feature. It really works great and saves time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Shoviv MBOX to PST Converter is the ultimate solution for users seeking to export Thunderbird emails into PST format on Windows. Thunderbird is a popular email client, while PST (Personal Storage Table) is the standard mailbox format used by Microsoft Outlook. Shoviv's software simplifies the migration process, making it efficient and hassle-free.
    Page: https://www.shoviv.com/mbox-converter.html

This user-friendly tool offers a range of features that ensure a seamless transition from Thunderbird to Outlook. Users can select multiple Thunderbird MBOX files for conversion, saving valuable time when dealing with large email archives. Shoviv MBOX to PST Converter maintains the integrity of your email…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why will the new layout NOT convert?
    I'm trying to do the same thing I have always done with the other layout with no problems, convert PDF to Word, and the Convert Button does NOTHING.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1) Read in the attached file ("a.pdf").
    2) Select "Export a PDF>text (plain)" and save to the file "a.txt"

For me, the file is nearly empty, 14 bytes in size (see attachment). a.pdf has plenty of OCR text and cut-and-paste copies plenty of good-looking text. I don't know how a.pdf was originally created, but in any event export of text should produce something better than this I think.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?