Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. When i try to convert files from pdf to excel, i have an issue in Arabic text it displayed in reverse.
    Note:
    Check the attached file pls.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The latest version is taking too much time while saving the file. Sometime the latest version gets corrupted after saving. We fill that the older version was better.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I can see certain documents were created in MS Word with simple follow on/flowing text and standard paragraph styles ie no **** text boxes. Even with the export options turned off, Acrobat does this incredibly annoying export to text boxes where it is simply run-on (flowing) text. You then have to extract the text, box by box to get the document to be in an editable form. Even exporting to rtf has similar issues. Exporting to plain text means you have to format.

In the end, you waste valuable time either extracting the text or having to reformat the text…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi,
    We use Adobe Reader Pro to convert PDFs to DOCX. However, there is a problem when we are trying to convert a PDF having some greek letters (please check the screen I have attached). For example, lowercase Greek Delta is being converted into uppercase Gamma. Is there any possibility to change this behaviour to the correct one?

Regards

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The type and spacing are out of sorts - especially if a graph happens to be in the paper. You have to essential hand type in the data to make sure all data it's aligned properly. Often font changes, as does spacing. This just requires extra attention, and editing. Apart from that - great program!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashes when I export a PDF to JPEG. I'm on version 20.006.20042.Windows 10.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When exporting to excel, there is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY TOO MUCH wrong formatting specifically with merging cells or entering an entire page from the pdf file into cells A1 - A5 that are merged and centered with text wrapped.

Can the pdf exporter to excel actually work so if I have a pdf file with a report that is a table 10 columns by 20 rows actually go into excel the same way and not end up being 15 columns and 8 rows due to all the excel cells merging.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I tried to export a PDF to Excel in order to capture and manipulate the data without having to retype it. When I did so, the resulting Excel document was unreadable and the formatting was off. I have several files like this that I need to extract the data from. I have Acrobat Pro for Mac. I'm using osSierra version 10.12.6. Please see the attached PDF and resulting Excel output file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chantal Smith,

The attached PDF is already an OCRed file whose output is incorrect. Try to copy and paste the text from the PDF file. It contains garbage values.

Please provide non-OCRed file for this issue.

Regards,
    Akanksha Garg
    Adobe Acrobat Team

9. I've been using Adobe PDF converter for several months (PDF to excel) and today started having an issue where one random PDF out of the batch will convert to just a blank excel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up.
    Could you please help us with the pdf files and the exported output?
    For better clarity, please include : Problem statement, reproducible steps, OS platform, Acrobat build# that you are using.

Regards,
    Adobe Acrobat Team

10. I have to convert files from Word to PDF and in this case I need to convert multiple pages from PDF to Word. I have five folders, 150 pages per folder. I just spent an hr with with a Adobe assistant and all i can do is 10 pages at a time. Not helpful at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Unable to initialize 'Export PDF' for a PayPal transaction file saved as a PDF - not to MS/Word or any other MS/Office product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Is this issue happening only with one PayPal transaction file or with other files as well?
    Can you please provide us the details of the following:
    1. Acrobat Version – Are you on reader or DC? Please share the screenshot of the Acrobat version screen
    a. Go to help → About Acrobat … and take a screenshot
    2. Operating system (Mac/Win)
    3. Input PDF File
    4. Screenshot of the issue or any error you see while performing the Export operation.

Regards,
    Akanksha Garg
    Software Engineer
    Adobe Acrobat Team

12. Sir I am using Adobe acrobat Dc pro version and I have been able to just export three pdf files to word files and it is not working .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Vishal,

We apologize for the issue you faced.
    Could you please help me with the following information to get clarity on the workflow:

→ The Acrobat dot version you are using
    → The OS platform you are on
    → A screenshot of the message that you are getting

Thanks for your patience and continued support to Acrobat.

Regards,
    Adobe Acrobat Team

13. I've got some text layers 95% opacity with drop shadow applied on Illustrator. Those Ai files are linked into a Indesign doc, exported as PDF but when I view the artworks on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (version attached) there is a white box around the text. This only happens on Adobe Acrobat. If I use Mac Preview it looks fine. I can only fix the issue if I make the text layer 100% opacity in Illustrator. This bug only happens when the doc is viewed on any zooms that are 100% or less. It looks fine on 125% or over…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have a document that is in full justification, but when I export to Word it doesn't hold the full justification. Can you advise why that would be

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bom dia,
    Ao converter o arquivo (em anexo) em formato - PDF para EXCEL a conversão fica bem desalinhada.
    O que poderia ser?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. German, as we know, is a language with some very long words. Therefore it is very common that words will be automatically split across lines, using what we used to call a "soft" hyphen. When exporting a PDF in German to a Word document, this "soft" hyphen is not distinguished from a "hard" hyphen (i.e. one which is produced by a key-stroke (as in the hyphen used just then).
    I was asked yesterday to "Compare" a revised document in German (submitted as a pdf) with a former version in Word, and submit an estimate for updating the English translation. The…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Amboo Srivastava responded

We are looking into this problem. Are you getting an error while converting from PDF to docx (no docx created?), or the file content in docx file after exporting from PDF is incorrect? Please elaborate on the exact issue you are facing.

Also, please share the version of Reader/Acrobat you are using. You will find the version number under Help→Adobe Adobe Acrobat…

Thanks,
    -Amboo

18. Export to excel is combining part of the data into a single column. In the attached file, line G on Table 2 is being combined.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Acrobat DC 2020 (20.013.20064)
    MacOSX 10.14.16

Exporting PDFs in Acrobat DC 2020 to Word (.docx or .doc) embedded raster images with (rastered) text (e.g. maps etc.) are blurry/with low resolution in the resulting Word document. This is especially the case if the export OCR option is clearly disabled. Other raster images (without text) are not affected. Embeeded raster images in the source PDF can be jpg or tif with "high" resolution like 300 or 600dpi and the result is allways the same bad quality for raster images with text (either source format of the embedded images), but as good as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When attempting to export a pdf to a jpg, png, or tiff an error stating that the image is too wide to output occurs. This only happens with some files, but not all.

We were able to convert the pdf using your online tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?