Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Combine feature

There should be a way that you can drag/drop an email into Adobe so that it converts the email (Outlook) into a PDF, and ALSO converts and combines the attachments onto the PDF. The way I know to do this is extremely clunky and includes having to download each attachment separately to later have to use the combine feature to add each one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Number of Pages in pdfs when combining multiple documents

Acrobat 11 had a feature that showed the number of pages in each document being combined. Acrobat DC has it but you must hover over the document to see it.

I often combine 100 pdfs together to make one document. I need each file to have even pages so that they print correctly and each section starts on a left hand page. In Acrobat 11 I could read at a glance which sections needed an extra page. It now takes 15 to 20 minutes to hover over each pdf (there are 100 of them) to see if they have even…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Index page

I would like to have an index page created (from name of pdf's) or the possebility to type in one myself at the first page when adding mutliple Pdf's into one. with a link on the index page to the pages througout the new pdf.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Acrobat DC takes over the computer when assembling PDF files.

It seems that Acrobat DC wants to be in charge of my computer when assembling multiple PDF files into one PDF. After each file added, Acobat DC forces itself to have the focus, and brings itself to the front, no matter what other application I'm in. My computer has 24 cores, and 64 GIG of ram, yet Acrobat DC won't multi-task and let any other app have focus whiles it's assembling PDF files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bookmarks based on styles are misdirected if target is also in TOC without page numbers.

Bug: For bookmarks based on styles from a Word document, the bookmark will go to the table of contents entry for a heading instead of to the heading itself if the heading is also included in a table of contents with page numbers omitted. The expected behavior is that the bookmark will go to the content in the document, not to the table of contents. If the TOC includes page numbers, the bug does not occur. See attached file for detailed steps on how to reproduce.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide options for naming bookmarks when creating PDF from Web Page

Please provide options for bookmark naming conventions. When creating HTML reports, I intentionally use relative links to link to attachments or appendices. However, when I create a PDF from the HTML home page, the bookmarks contain the full link exposing my User Profile name and other sensitive information. I would like the bookmark to be named for the relative link or the filename only (or an option for the document title). I prefer to create my reports in word with hyperlinks to other docs and attachments, but I have submitted a separate feature request for creating PDFs from documents with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. save individual (or multiple) layers as pdf. even better, export layered photoshop file that maintains pdf layers

save individual (or multiple) layers as pdf. even better, export layered photoshop file that maintains pdf layers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug with internal links when converting PDF from Word

This is a bug. When using the acrobat extension in macOS microsoft Word to convert the doc to a PDF it removes internal links. It works fine for external links such as websites, but if I put a link in place that quickly takes you to another place in the document when clicked, this is removed when converting to a PDF. The text still appears blue but the link is not existent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "a file conversion is already in progress"

TITLE:
    Saving PDF file from Word always results in "a file conversion is already in progress" error on a Mac.

In Word the Acrobat ribbon's "Create PDF" button either does nothing when it is clicked or it results in "a file conversion is already in progress" error from Acrobat.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE:
    1. Open any Word Document
    2. Click Acrobat tab to see the Acrobat Ribbon
    3. Click "Create PDF"
    4. This opens the "Acrobat Create PDF" dialog box.

"You can create high quality, rich and accessible PDFs using Adobe Create PDF cloud service.
    Click Yes to create…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Can you please let us know scenario you are using?

Best Regards!

10. Bug? Acrobat doesn't support .ai files in Combine feature on PC but does on MAC.

I'm on MAC and I'm used to seamlessly combining .ai files into a .pdf easily with the Combine feature in Acrobat. Some of my peers would benefit from this greatly also but they are on PC and it appears on PC Acrobat can open and view .ai files but it will not acknowledge .ai files in the Combine feature. This feels like an oversight or bug since it clearly works fine on MAC. Can we please have equal support for this on PC as well? It makes it much easier for creatives to work smoothly with other areas of the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Thanks for your feature request.
    I am not sure how you are able to combine .ai files on Mac using Acrobat as we do not have this support neither for Windows nor for Mac for .ai files.
    However, we have taken your feature request. It is under review.

Thanks
    Tanvi

11. Converting Excel for Mac doc to PDF enabling clickable url links

When I convert my Excel for Mac doc (with clickable url links) the links do not work in the resulting PDF. Please advise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. .eml formats are not currently supported by Adobe Acrobat to be able to convert these files into a pdf format. Please support this format.

.eml formats are not currently supported by Adobe Acrobat to be able to convert these files into a pdf format. Please support this format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How to show CSS gradient background from HTML to PDF using Acrobat?

We want to create a PDF file from local HTML files.

It can show gradient background if we save PDF by using printing function in browser.

However, It doesn't works when created in Acrobat.

We don't want to use printing function to create all PDF files, due to there are many pages waited to be converted.

The gradient background are written in CSS.

Could we have a solution?

Tks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unable to save PDF

Adobe Acrobat updated overnight.

Now while trying to save individual sections of a textbook (I organize and then extract the selected pages) the "Save As PDF" pop-up window is just blank.

Adobe does not freeze... I can cancel out of the pop-up window and still read my extracted pages. However I am not able to move past the blank "Save As PDF" window so I can't save individual chapters :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adobe not recognising subscription for education users

I was advised that there is an existing bug (Cl217) on this but it does not appear to be resolved. Quick read on support community shows this issue has not been resolved since before 2018.

I am being told I need to upgrade my subscription to create unlimited PDFs. When I click "Subscribe Now" it takes me to the payment page and tells me I already own the product.

Consultants on the chat cannot help after over 5 hours of contact and 10 different consultants.

Please resolve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Retain page labels when combining pdfs

Retain page labels from the individual files when combining pdfs. Particularly needed for engineering drawings. Also consider allowing manually typing page labels, which would be faster than using the current dialog for non-sequential pages. Bluebeam Revu already does both of these tasks. I would prefer to stay with Acrobat, but Bluebeam is a strong pull because they understand what technical jobs need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Portfolio (mode) needs improvement. Sorting needs to be available so that sorting is possible. Removing and adding at the back is not very

Portfolio (mode) needs improvement. Sorting needs to be available so that sorting is possible. Removing and adding at the back is not very good design. Drag and drop of document sections should be available. (Using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017)**** I just saw a post that is available on the Adobe DC version. (My company has not purchased that yet). Wish 2017 could have a patch update to make it happen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wrong file title in pdf

Adobe, Regardless of version of Acrobat, whenever I open a PDF that came originally form a Word file, the wrong file title appears in the title bar above the page. Please fix this. It is maddening. I get sent documents from our admin people to put up on our webpage for all our employees and since I am not the author of the document I cannot fix it myself. It is a constant problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Auto batch renaming using text from the file itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYGsUPkVwEo

please refer the above link for this useful feature of splitting and renaming the batch of pdf file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base