Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. When creating a document by clicking save as Adobe PDF in word, I am finding that it will randomly leave out sentences in the final product. It is very prevalent after photos and section headings. See the examples attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With WORD (2016) and PDFMaker:

When creating PDF maker and asking it to convert the Document's Headings / Styles to Bookmarks; It does not include some characters in the bookmarks.

Characters such as Non-Breaking Hyphen. There may be others also.

[ Special characters are inserted into work using INSERT > SYMBOL > MORE SYMBOLS > SPECIAL CHARACTERS ]

Also the Case of text characters is taken from STYLE information, rather than from TYPED characters (I.e. from the FORMATTING, rather than the DATA). If for example the style specified all text in UPPERCASE. Then the bookmarks will be also in UPPERCASE..…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to be able to place images within a folder, then batch convert many folders to produce 1 PDF per folder. For example "FOLDER1" contains 10 jpges. I would like FOLDER1.pdf to be 10 pages, "FOLDER2" to be FOLDER2.pdf and so on.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Type text in any of the below affected scripts in Word:
    - Devanagari
    - Bengali
    - Telugu
    - Tamil
    - Arabic
    - Gujarati
    - Kannada
    - Malayalam
    - Myanmar
    - Sinhala
    2. Export the document to PDF with Acrobat > Create PDF.
    3. Run the Accessibility Check.

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.):
    Word: 2102 (Build 13801.20360)
    Acrobat Pro DC: 21.001.20145

Expected result:
    Characters originally encoded at valid Unicode codepoints in Word should not cause Character Encoding issues in Acrobat Pro DC's Accessibility Check.

Observed results:
    Some Unicode characters in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe Team,

I have created several thousand Acrobat DC PDFs that contain multiple embedded videos. All of those thousands of PDFs worked pretty much perfectly. Now, due to discontinuation of Flash, none work. I cannot create those PDFs with embedded video. What a nightmare. Please, if you can create a new version of Acrobat DC that restores the capability to embed video, I'll be happy to send flowers! Or money, how about money!? Everything else works fine with Acrobat DC... get the capability back! Thanks, Scott

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When using PDF Maker 20 with MS Office 365, the tag tree is missing the document root tag. Has a Sect tag instead of Document tag.

Please correct this tag structure to meet the PDF 2.0 tag standards requirements.

Screen capture shows the error.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The Acrobat Plugin for Microsoft Outlook on Windows, which enables Users to create an Adobe PDF Portfolio from any Mailbox or Folder while preserving the "From", "Subject" and "Date" fields while also embedding all attachments, is an INCREDIBLY powerful feature that is crucial to many of our business practices. Unfortunately, at this time, this feature is only available on the Windows version of Microsoft Outlook, thus forcing me to run a Windows 10 Virtual Machine explicitly to perform this task. If the Adobe team could implement this feature on macOS versions of Microsoft Outlook, I would be incredibly grateful as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When converting, printing, or saving a document to PDF, Adobe Acrobat creates "white margins" on each conversion. To remove the extra margins you have to follow these steps for every document:

1. Open PDF in Acrobat
    2. Select More Tools
    3. Select Print Production
    4. Select Set Page Boxes
    5. Check Remove White Margins

This will remove the white margins created by Adobe and use the margins of the original document. I'm told from Adobe Support there isn't a way to permanently set a user preference to prevent adding white margins. Please enable this function as it is currently a pain to have to change…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please allow html to be created as clickable pdfs on a Mac. The documentation you provide says it can be done on Firefox but that is false. Wasted hours with your support folks before they said it can't be done.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for reaching out. We are really sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    As much as I understand from your post, you want to convert an HTML document to PDF from browser. It is unclear if the document is a locally saved HTML file or an online URL.

Unfortunately, local HTML files cannot be converted from browser as Acrobat browser extensions only work for online URLs. So you will have to use Acrobat Create PDF tool to convert the file.
    1. Launch Acrobat.
    2. Go to File→Create→PDF from Web Page.
    3. Click on “Browse” button and select the HTML file to be converted.
    4. Click Create.
    If the converted document is not proper (as mentioned by you), please share a sample HTML file with us so that we can check the issue.

If you want to convert an online URL, you can use Acrobat…

10. Ever since the latest update Adobe is prompting "Are you sure this file is from a trustworthy source" every time you print to PDF from Outlook

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We are an enterprise customer with over 1,000 Adobe users.
    I would like our users to be able to create animated presentations using InDesign rather than PowerPoint and export the content as an interactive PDF. Currently this can't be done, you can output the animation using Publish Online, which outputs a URL, which isn't secure or in a format we would want, not everyone wants to view presentations on the web, most of our presentations our confidential!

I can't express enough how useful it would be to be able to export the animation to interactive PDF. We could move the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for your feature request. This would be more applicable for InDesign team so would request you to log it under InDesign forum.
    However, we have also added it in our backlog which will be prioritized based on other items.

Thanks
    Tanvi

12. This is a bug. When using the acrobat extension in macOS microsoft Word to convert the doc to a PDF it removes internal links. It works fine for external links such as websites, but if I put a link in place that quickly takes you to another place in the document when clicked, this is removed when converting to a PDF. The text still appears blue but the link is not existent.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Simply format support for OpenOffice formats used by OpenOffice and LibreOffice.

This is vital for those that prefer those formats over Microsoft Office formats. While they aren't as fully featured or useful in some cases they are free and open source making them a great alternative to the closed source formats of their Microsoft counterparts. Plus my book features some of these formats and i'm too lazy to convert them over...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. pLEASE stop changing your program. I just want to open a file I receive change oredit and send it back . I want to do it the way IWANT IT / I pay a high subscription I deserve to use your program the way i did before YOU decide to change it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Using Office 365 with latest updates. Using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2023.003.20244 64-bit.

For multiple PowerPoint presentations, we have seen that if the PowerPoint presentation has an embedded Excel chart or an embedded Excel sheet, when we create a PDF, the resulting PDF has a ghost/shadow type image showing.

This happens when pressing the PowerPoint toolbar button "Create and Share Adobe PDF".

Please note that this shadow/ghosting problem does NOT happen when choosing to print and selecting "Adobe PDF" as the device to print to.

Samples are attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adobe Acrobat Pro is having issues on conversions from MS Word to a PDF where it is combining characters into a single character. Most of the time it is the combination of lowercase "ti" when they show up together (e.g. Section, information, location). It functions properly in the source file of MS Word, but on the conversion Adobe combines the characters into a single character together and then doesn't recognize what character it is, throwing a Character Encoding Error. To fix you have to go into the editor, delete the combination character, and then retype the "ti" into the text…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The newest version is missing combine files tool. When I click on cdreate, i gert a page that allows me to select files but there isn't any option to combine them. How do i get this tool into my Acrobat?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Huge resource hog and cannot export Combine PDFs. Go to save and a blank window appears. Adobe DC is a piece of garbage. I've seen nothing but problems after XI. It's gotten slower, more buggy and the interface and process of using is even more cumbersome than ever. If your idea was to cause more users to spend more time on your software... good job! Mission accomplished! Now I need a solution since you've totally ruined me being able to use it for anything. Oh, but I pay for keeping it updated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ever since the new Adobe update I cannot combine 4-5 photos to create a single PDF. I used to do this all the time, but now it does not let me. Extremely frustrating as I am trying to get work done and I cannot do a basic function. Ive tried downloading the photos all sorts of ways, and even tried to work around the error through dropbox. Nothing works. I cannot upload the photos.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Select 2 PDF files is the same folder to combine.
    2. Combine then Adobe Acrobat DC.
    3. Choose "Save As".

The default folder seems to be a random place on my computer. It's never the same folder as the one with the two files that I just combined. And it takes a bunch of typing or clicking to get back to the original folder.

This happens every single time I combine files, making it really tedious to do something that should be easy.

Please set the default folder for 'Save As...' equal to the folder where I opened the files.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?