Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

372 results found

1. Acrobat Pro DC does not convert files as well as Acrobat XI Pro. I was told by support that developing code to convert every font is not possible; however it was possible for XI Pro. I don't want bells & whistles. I just want software that works. Attached are files converted via XI Pro and via Pro DC. Converting as a print file works but it is very inconvenient. I have lots of Word and Excel examples which I can send to someone. I do not want to attach confidential files in this type of forum.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. when i want to form a ppt into pdf ,it says "additional files need to be installed to creat PDF from this file. You must have Administrator Privileges to install these files." but i already have administrator privileges.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I recieve the error when using the PDFMaker Plug-in to create a PDF in excess of 7,000 Outlook messages:

"You have chosen to convert a very large number of email messages. Please try again with a folder or selection having fewer messages."

I would like the limit to be raised to in excess of 10 or 15 thousand.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I exported a file from InDesign 15.1.2 x 64. When opened in Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.012.20043, the page is blank and I get the error Out of memory. Other people also report they have seen the same error with my file. Please see attached file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Acrobat DC PRO recently updated and Autocad 2018 will no longer load the PDFMaker toolbars. See errors when starting autocad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Retain page labels from the individual files when combining pdfs. Particularly needed for engineering drawings. Also consider allowing manually typing page labels, which would be faster than using the current dialog for non-sequential pages. Bluebeam Revu already does both of these tasks. I would prefer to stay with Acrobat, but Bluebeam is a strong pull because they understand what technical jobs need.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove the auto page launch after the installation / activation / updating of the Adobe Acrobat Chrome Extension. Or provide a group policy to disable it.
    The problem is on Citrix or none persistent VDIs were the users get always a fresh user profile. Users see then on first browser launch the Adobe page instead of our company Portal.
    The old Adobe Reader extension had this feature but not the new one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What I’m looking for is a way to imbed the originating file name somewhere in the Meta data of the pdf for future reference. It would have nothing to do with the file name used for the PDF when exporting the original file. Use case: Often a client will rename a pdf and down the road I have to find the original Indesign file used to create that pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Acrobat DC when attempting to combine files into single PDF and trying to select Illustrator files they are grayed out and cannot be selected. I have to drag them from the finder into Acrobat. This is a major pain and waste of time. Before the upgrade I could always select an AI file to add to a PDF. Now I never can, even when trying to replace a page with a new file. Illustrator and Acrobat are not talking to each other.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Acrobat does not support conversion of AI files to PDF via the Combine functionality.
    Can you confirm that you are combining AI files or PDF files created from Illustrator?
    Also, do you have Illustrator installed on your system?

Thanks
    Tanvi

10. Create a right click utility option to be able to batch convert files to PDF without prompting for each document save. Your competitors have this feature and Adobe Acrobat should be able to do this without "actions" or other workarounds.

Complete the following use case.

1. Highlight multiple Office/Document files (even 50-100 is possible) 1A. Right click the documents
    2. Click "Batch Convert to PDF"
    3. A dialog opens, lists all selected files, has the ability to add new or remove files, asks where to save all PDFs and what settings such as PDF/A, quality, etc
    4. Have multiple conversion options such as "Convert…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I receive .ai and .pdf files via email from customers. I convert these files to .tif in Photoshop. Until sometime around the end of October, I would create multi page PDFs with Acrobat, as proofs. The .tifs are used as print files. Now I get this error box. "Adobe Acrobat could not open 'WFFTBRAB2019WineSignage11x17batch1Page01.tiff' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."
    Here is my case number: ADB-9772660-R1Y5 

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When creating a pdf from a Word file, it would be useful to be able to set the default zoom of the file.
    From posts on other platforms, it appears that some get random default zooms on their files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be hugely beneficial to have seamless integration of the Snipping Tool and Adobe DC with one-click creation of a PDF from a screen shot or screen selection. For the purpose of this request I am using a Windows laptop with the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud. I can already create PDFs with one-click from most other Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook, but having Adobe be able to handle screen shots and even combine/edit them without going through file/save/rename/export/save will be a great enhancement to Adobe DC which is already a great product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I wish the application can convert outlook email with attachments into a single pdf with attachments immediately following the email. It will be ideal if a whole folder of emails can be converted with same format of file names that can be chosen by the user

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Acrobat Pro DC latest version on Windows 10 (latest). after creating about 20 pdfs it catches out simply closing acrobat. Have same problem on multiple PCs. Has been happening for 6 months or so. Before that I could create 100s without a problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for sharing the steps. We are aware of a similar issue with OneDrive files and are working on fixing it.
    Can you check if you can convert Office files kept in OneDrive by right-click menu and the PDF gets created. Does the Office app remain open or does it get closed?

Thanks
    Tanvi

16. We have a functionality till Acrobat DC October 2018 release which shows the page number when combining the PDF files on Page thumbnail. This feature was enhanced in such a way that now the users have to rollover the mouse to the document to see the number of pages. It would be great if we can have a separate column which shows the page numbers in such a way we can have both complete view of the document in Page thumbnail and the page number as well without rolling over the mouse cursor to PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There should be a way that you can drag/drop an email into Adobe so that it converts the email (Outlook) into a PDF, and ALSO converts and combines the attachments onto the PDF. The way I know to do this is extremely clunky and includes having to download each attachment separately to later have to use the combine feature to add each one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It seems that Acrobat DC wants to be in charge of my computer when assembling multiple PDF files into one PDF. After each file added, Acobat DC forces itself to have the focus, and brings itself to the front, no matter what other application I'm in. My computer has 24 cores, and 64 GIG of ram, yet Acrobat DC won't multi-task and let any other app have focus whiles it's assembling PDF files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bug: For bookmarks based on styles from a Word document, the bookmark will go to the table of contents entry for a heading instead of to the heading itself if the heading is also included in a table of contents with page numbers omitted. The expected behavior is that the bookmark will go to the content in the document, not to the table of contents. If the TOC includes page numbers, the bug does not occur. See attached file for detailed steps on how to reproduce.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?