Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. When creating a document by clicking save as Adobe PDF in word, I am finding that it will randomly leave out sentences in the final product. It is very prevalent after photos and section headings. See the examples attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Type text in any of the below affected scripts in Word:
    - Devanagari
    - Bengali
    - Telugu
    - Tamil
    - Arabic
    - Gujarati
    - Kannada
    - Malayalam
    - Myanmar
    - Sinhala
    2. Export the document to PDF with Acrobat > Create PDF.
    3. Run the Accessibility Check.

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.):
    Word: 2102 (Build 13801.20360)
    Acrobat Pro DC: 21.001.20145

Expected result:
    Characters originally encoded at valid Unicode codepoints in Word should not cause Character Encoding issues in Acrobat Pro DC's Accessibility Check.

Observed results:
    Some Unicode characters in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 of several problems in how PDF Maker (and InDesign's export to PDF utility) tag PDFs.

In Table Editor, the editor's cell markers (bright pink lines) do not align with the actual <TD> data cells. This makes it difficult, and sometimes impossible, to correct a cell's tag.

Most commonly seen in complex tables with merged cells in the column and row headers. See screen capture.

Also see this blog post:
    https://www.pubcom.com/blog/2020_04-05/ACROBAT_tableeditor.shtml

EXPECTED RESULT:
    Table Editor's cell outlines should match the actual cells.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Settings that resulted in change bars being present when converting a word document to a PDF - to highlight new or revised content have been changed and do not function now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Text in vector graphic images (.svg/.emf) files get displaced and in some cases overlap with other objects in the image during PowerPoint to PDF conversion with Adobe. This issue wasn't present when using Adobe PDF Library 20.9.95

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is a horrendous bug that I can recreate umpteen times. If a file is exported from Indesign to Acrobat, and then the Indesign file is edited and re-exported to Acrobat, if you try to save the revised version in Acrobat, Acrobat saves the original version (which I presume it holds in memory) and ignores the revised version. The only fix I have found is to close Indesign and Acrobat and start again - this seems to clear the prior version from Acrobat. This is really dangerous for users and immensely inconvenient. Adobe please fix asap.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat Pro (for the last several versions) continues to install linkCreation.com into MS Word directories, even though it is known to cause Word either to crash or to throw VBA errors. Please either fix the template or stop installing it.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Won't let me create PDF from HTML doc's.
    Has been working up to Feb 5 2021 and now it states it doesn't recognize the file.
    If I can't use the app when needed, why am I charged every month for your service?

Need this fixed or cancel service

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Acrobat Pro DC does not convert files as well as Acrobat XI Pro. I was told by support that developing code to convert every font is not possible; however it was possible for XI Pro. I don't want bells & whistles. I just want software that works. Attached are files converted via XI Pro and via Pro DC. Converting as a print file works but it is very inconvenient. I have lots of Word and Excel examples which I can send to someone. I do not want to attach confidential files in this type of forum.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I get repeated hard-reboot crashes when creating PDFs from relatively small simple Word documents. I follow the instructions, remove and re-add the plugin, still it can take 20 minutes to get a 9-page, no images or links Word document to PDF correctly. Please fix this.
    Windows 10, Acrobat Pro DC version 2020 (latest), Microsoft Word and Excel 2016.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When printing an Excel workbook, if any of the tabs have "autofit" turned on, or a Shrink to Fit percentage, the output PDF has different size pages, rather than being shrunk to fit.

For example, print a simple workbook tab with 90% scaling on 8.5x11 paper, and the PDF created measures 9.44x12.22 inches. It should be 8.5x11 inches.

This causes strange behavior during continuous scrolling, as the user expects to see the same size page boundary (A4/Letter) and they are all different. Other non-Adobe PDF software does not do this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  amukherj responded

Sorry for your inconvenience.
    It seems InDesign hangs for you. It is not clear how Acrobat is involved in the process. Can you please explain the workflow?

14. When creating a PDF from a .docx file from within Microsoft Word, when PDF/A compliance is set to "PDF/A-1a", text boxes will have borders in the PDF even when they do not have borders in the Word document itself. No other PDF/A compliance setting exhibits this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. What I’m looking for is a way to imbed the originating file name somewhere in the Meta data of the pdf for future reference. It would have nothing to do with the file name used for the PDF when exporting the original file. Use case: Often a client will rename a pdf and down the road I have to find the original Indesign file used to create that pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When converting, printing, or saving a document to PDF, Adobe Acrobat creates "white margins" on each conversion. To remove the extra margins you have to follow these steps for every document:

1. Open PDF in Acrobat
    2. Select More Tools
    3. Select Print Production
    4. Select Set Page Boxes
    5. Check Remove White Margins

This will remove the white margins created by Adobe and use the margins of the original document. I'm told from Adobe Support there isn't a way to permanently set a user preference to prevent adding white margins. Please enable this function as it is currently a pain to have to change…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When converting a web page in Edge (usually an invoice from an on-line purchase to PDF), portions of the text are converted to total jibberish. Converting the same page using the built-in Microsoft PDF converter works correctly.
    Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am an electrical drafter and need to combine sometimes hundreds of AutoCAD (dwg) files into a pdf. The Acrobat XI version did this reliably and quickly. I used it for about 4 years mostly for that purpose. Now that it is no longer supported by Adobe I apparently am forced to "downgrade" to Acrobat 2017 for a perpetual license. (Somehow my "so-called perpetual" version of Acrobat XI suddenly stopped working on my work computers - more than one - suddenly - for some reason) 8( So...What is the definition of "perpetual" anyway?
    I bought the 2017 version and it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I receive .ai and .pdf files via email from customers. I convert these files to .tif in Photoshop. Until sometime around the end of October, I would create multi page PDFs with Acrobat, as proofs. The .tifs are used as print files. Now I get this error box. "Adobe Acrobat could not open 'WFFTBRAB2019WineSignage11x17batch1Page01.tiff' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."
    Here is my case number: ADB-9772660-R1Y5 

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1