Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

584 results found

1. Adobe Portfolio (https://portfolio.adobe.com/) is only available through Creative Cloud app (Portfolio is not a part of Document cloud).

Actually, only Acrobat Pro DC has Portfolio web service included, because Acrobat Pro DC is part of the Creative Cloud (unlike Acrobat Standard DC).

My idea : I would like to consider Acrobat Standard DC to be available through creative cloud (like acrobat Pro DC) in order to have Portfolio included.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Elevated rights pose possible vulnerability with applications which grant these privileges in the C:\Program Files. Acrobat DC creates the folders below and grants everyone “modify” rights. to these folders:

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\COMMON FILES\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache
    C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\COMMON FILES\Adobe\SLCache

The following scenarios are presented:

1. Install Acrobat DC but do not launch it. Modify the rights and remove full control. Acrobat DC will not launch.
    2. Install Acrobat DC, launch it. Modify the rights. Acrobat DC launches with no issues.

Is there a way to modify your application so it installs without having the full rights present?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why do i have to login-in to me Adobe account every day? until 2 weeks ago i never had this issue

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently during the Add Licenses process, when supplying an email address to assign the license to, a Welcome email is not sent to this newly created user.
    Please add this functionality to the process.

Currently in order to generate the Welcome emails to the user I must un-assign the license, save the account, then re-assign the license which then triggers the Welcome email.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am a writer. I use Adobe Pro DC so I can convert files from screenwriting software to a PDF file to email, etc the script. It takes time to write a script. Anywhere from a couple of months to a year, so the $14 a month I pay for the subscription is expensive. It's already expensive, but it's even more so for software I'm not using. I write MAYBE six scripts a year. If Adobe wants to charge me, fine, but maybe have it on a month to month basis, or make it cheaper where I can purchase the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ich habe Adobe CC mit alle Apps gekauft und soeben alle Updates ausgeführt.
    Nach Start von Acrobat DC wird die App beendet mit Error 205.
    Alle Tipps zu Error 205 habe ich befolgt (Deaktivierung von AV- und Firewall).
    Bis auf Acrobat DC funktionieren alle anderen Adobe Apps einwandfrei.
    Kann mir bitte jemand helfen?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On several occasions Adobe DC closes stating that I have exceeded my allowed devices and I need to logout of one device in order to register the one I am using. However, one of the choices to logout is the device I am currently using. I only have a desktop and a laptop and those are the only two devices registered. I have not changed the name of either of these devices nor cleared any caches nor local history files. While this may seem like more of a nuisance than a major issue, it has happened when I am in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow us to automate the sign in process when using Federated IDs by either implementing a reg key to default to enterprise ID and grab their AD email or something else.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We are using Windows Information Protection to protect company data and documents. Since Acrobat Reader works only in work mode and private documents are also considered as work content. It would be great if the software can be configured as enlighten app so that it can also use in personal mode.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Acrobat suddenly began to constantly freeze after opening any document. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but got a 136 error. I'm on MacOS 10.15.2 "Catalina" on a MacPro (late 2013)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When trying to open the Adobe Acrobat DC 2020 Program it displays a message and stops working.
    I've uninstalled it 4 times and nothing works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new named user licensing (NUL) is not ideal for remote desktop/Citrix environments when using more than two session hosts.

The cloud limitation of two logons is fine for personal computers but when operating a large number of session hosts users have to logon to Acrobat DC when roaming across multiple servers. Each server is considered a new installation.

Please bring back serialized deployments for enterprise customers or another solution that works with remote desktop/Citrix.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ****** ME OFF, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF WORKING ON DOCUMENTS, THE **** THING SIGNS YOU OUT AND MAKES YOU SIGN BACK IN FOR NO F'N REASON!!
    DON'T WASTE MY TIME!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Password reset notice. Whatever idiot(s) dreamed this one up - fire them. This is useless, annoying, ******* dumb!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It has taken me an hour to get clear information on the options for purchasing Acrobat. I couldn't find any information on how to buy the 'perpetual licence' or what this entailed - nor what the differences are between the subscription and one-time purchase. I had to ask all these questions through an incredibly inefficient online chat. This information should be freely available and transparent for customers - companies generally do this so that customers don't waste hours and end up feeling vaguely conned before they have even bought anything. Apart from that issue, I suggest a subscription service that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Does Adobe have an annual subscription fee versus the monthly subscription fee.
    Please advise.
    With COVID-19, an annual subscription fee would be much easier to manage and thus ensure continuity of the Adobe service - thus avoiding be cut off / disconnected due to lack of a monthly payment.
    From financial circumstance beyound ones control, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
    Please advise ASAP.
    Thank you
    Adobe subscriber

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it doesn't seem to help. PS and LR seem to be fine.
    Creative Cloud via online. New Mac 15 Pro computer. So first time opening Acrobat on here I think.
    Safari Browser 12.11.1
    No updates for MAC or Adobe needed at this time.
    Reliable internet connection.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add an option of not installing PDFMaker.
    I don't want it at all. Now I have to every now and then remove it from Office applications.

I have no use for it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I had a perfectly functional version of Acrobat. The Acrobat DC trial was suggested, so I tried it. But it deleted my old version and I am unable to roll back, and the disks are in storage on the other side of the world, so I now have no versions of Acrobat. This is a poor way to encourage users to purchase new product, which in my case did not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I purchased a subscription to Acrobat DC on 12/16/2019. I now have to use a trial version of Acrobat DC because whenever I open Acrobat it says I have to use a 7 day trail version or buy it again. What do I have to do to fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?