Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

584 results found

1. Issue: The Sanitize function does not work in Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 Desktop (purchased March 2017).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Acrobat CC has suddenly started using excessive amounts of RAM to the point that it is paused and has to be quit and restarted. This also happens if left alone with no files open.
    Having pitstop plugin open or not makes no difference. This is on an imac retina 5k late 2014 with 16gbs ram and only started happening Sept 1 2017, Acrobat CC has been installed for at least a year with no issues (and other versions before that have not had this issue).
    The RAM usage seems to increase much more quickly if it is an image heavy…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi Team,

The functionality of PDF comparison that was available in Acrobat Pro 8 was great and would like to use the same, could you please guide, if we have license for Acrobat Pro DC then we could use the earlier version.

Especially for textual comparison of pdfs.

Thanks,
    Raj

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Having to purchase separate licenses for a single computer running as a dual-boot environment is highly problematic.

Only one licenses is used at a time!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I download the acrobatproDC_dlm disk image on my Macbook Pro running 10.12.5 using the Chrome browser.
    This download proceeds normally.

After mounting the disk image and starting the installer app, it fails as 29% saying: "Safari must be closed in order to proceed". This comes up in a dialog box with Retry and Close buttons. Retry always fails with the same error message. Close, of course, closes the installer.

The trouble is that Safari is not running!

I finally figured out that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC was running and this was the cause of the installation failure.

Please correct the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think Adobe Acrobat Pro DC should work as Acrobat Reader after the trial period ends. This way, like in my case, people that want to buy a monthly subscription on and off can still use it as Acrobat Reader and don't need to install Acrobat Reader separately.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. (Not Responding) - Too common now. Miss the old days before the latest round of updates. Fast load. Now have to wait about a minute before working on a document while ? happens and ties up resources. Thanks

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This request is being submitted at the suggestion of Adobe Support which was unable to provide effective support for Case Nº 0189220198. Of the 252 applications currently installed on our macOS Sierra system, only Acrobat Pro XI cannot be reinstalled or upgraded because the storage volumes are formatted as case-sensitive. The previously case-insensitive system volume on which Acrobat Pro XI version 11.0.20 had previously been installed was converted to a case-sensitive format. This was done by imaging the volume as a DMG file using Disk Utility, and then after reformatting as case-sensitive, the volume was restored using the ditto command…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Hi Michael

Thanks for your lucid explanation. This is already planned and very soon the issue would be resolved.

Thanks

9. When using large files, like the attached one, Acrobat crashes when it reaches a memory usage of more than aprox. 3.500 MB in Windows Task Manager.
    I could reproduce the issue, just by opening the page miniatures and a little scolling. It happens on different computers with 8 or 16GB RAM installed and with different Acrobat versions (DC Standard, DC Pro, XI Standard)
    The reason for the memory usage are probably the pictures in these files.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting the crash. We are able to reproduce it with your files. We will work on a fix soon. Will let you know once available.

-amboo

10. I downloaded the free trial and in the browser, it tells me I have 6 days left in the trial, but when I open the program on the desktop, it tells me that my trial expired.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We have forwarded this to relevant team to look into and if any further information required, we will get back.

11. Acrobat will sometimes generate a pop-up that says "Update completed!" with two options: "Restart Now" and "Cancel". Naturally, I assumed that "Restart Now" meant restart Acrobat. Because that's what it means in every other application on my computer, from Firefox and Chrome, to Intellij, to Microsoft Word, to Steam, and so on. In reality, that innocuous looking button immediately restarted my entire computer, without any sort of warning or confirmation prompt. I've twice lost work (from other applications, like my web browser) because I forgot that in Adobe's world, a user is going to want to immediately restart their entire…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Upgraded to the MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and can no longer open any documents in Adobe or open Adobe Acrobat at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Downloaded Adobe Acrobat Pro v. 17 purchased via order 142075619 on a MacPro desktop running OS 10.9.5 (Maverick). I used the serial number posted. Near the end of the installation process it says that it cannot be completed because of an error. But it does not explain what error it is. Checked disk for permission problems, tried again, same error. I am at a loss because the installer does not identify the error.
    Please advice how to proceed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My Acrobat DC is randomly crashing and I don't know why. I have unistalled and reinstalled it twice. I have done EVERYTHING on your webpage about fixing crashes. Nothing helps.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Trying to register my legal copy of Acrobat DC Pro

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have a fully paid subscription with correct Visa card details - keeps telling me the TRIAL MODE has expired - logged in, logged out a million times - useless, absolutely useless - should get a refund to cover lost salary

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My user name is teresitagmez2013@hotmail.com and I need to cancel my Acrobat Pro DC Subscription (one year). I need support to stop this because the Web page is not offering me this option through my account

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When in Excel, I want to load Adobe DX on top tab as default but it doesn't stay as default and I have to do add-in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I just installed CS6 Design & Web Premium but Acrobat Pro fails to install - period. I've tried 4 times now with the same failure (see attached screenshot). The website says I have 90 days of "Chat and Phone support" - but the support website is in an infinite loop - you never get a button to "chat" and no phone number is ever offered. How do I get help getting this installed?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?