Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

52 results found

1. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it doesn't seem to help. PS and LR seem to be fine.
    Creative Cloud via online. New Mac 15 Pro computer. So first time opening Acrobat on here I think.
    Safari Browser 12.11.1
    No updates for MAC or Adobe needed at this time.
    Reliable internet connection.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I can't export anything to PDF format because it says "Adobe Acrobat license has either expired or not been activated. Try launching Adobe Acrobat."
    I've checked and my license has not expired and is activated. I've relaunched, logged out and signed in on Adobe Acrobat and it still shows the same pop up.
    It is extremely frustrating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have already reported the fact that, when installing or updating Adobe Acrobat (which happens rather often), the program icon in the Windows menu is incorrect. I know how to bypass the problem by creating manually the good icon, but each time Acrobat is updated, this bad icon reappears (see screenshot).

This is a VERY long lasting bug. So please, fix it!!!

Thank you

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Could you please try the following steps and let us know if the issue is resolved:

• Delete Adobe Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and from the taskbar.
    • Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs and you’ll find the " Adobe Acrobat DC " with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it and close the window.
    • Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat DC > Acrobat and find Acrobat.exe
    • Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop
    • Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu… and close the window
    • Right click on Acrobat.exe – shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy
    • Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs… and Paste the…

4. I have a monthly subscription for Acrobat Professional several of my computers at my business. I have the creative cloud software installed on my system and ir is open and running. Whenever I launch a pdf document when Acrobat is closed, the program opens then freezes for 15 seconds or so while I think the stupid thing is retrieving my subscription for the 1000th today. I don't care about your piracy concerns. I do care that you are wasting my time multiple times per day by having your program freeze for a ******** reason. You should make the program operate…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi. Our users are getting attached error when trying to install Adobe. Any idea how to fix? Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I am at a slow internet connection, Acrobat DC frequently scans the internet to be sure my copy is properly licensed. Please turn that off! Once a day to check for a license is plenty. The user experience suffers compared to the old days when I owned my own copy of Acrobat Professional XI and it checked for the license on my computer - not in the cloud.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quit using this hunk of **** software. You've become microsoft. What a terrible, slow, cumbersome, bothersome package you've created.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What's the best way to resolve this?
    Update failed. "Problem with licensing module"?

Uninstall Acrobat Pro DC from the CC Desktop App and reinstall?
    Tried to use the Update feature in the Help menu of Acrobat Pro DC and that failed.

German Windows 10
    Adobe Acrobat Pro DC | Continous Release | Version 2019.008.20081

Regards,
    Uwe Laubender
    ( ACP )

PS: First tried a reply at "PLEASE Don't make the user go through a menu to check off a comment! You DOUBLE the time it takes to go through comments." that first seemed to fail. See screenshot two with the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC open a few files and if you close them and later export and open a new .pdf from any program, including Indesign or Illustrator, the program starts and than closes immediately. There no show of error message. After this, the Acrobat will not open any file until you restart the computer (mac or pc).

All steps on forums was tryed, with no effect, including this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

Already try open the task manager and stop services to them open Acrobat again. No effect. Sometimes, open a error message, that was send a million times.

Please, update…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The current authentication integration solutions for Adobe do not provide any automation around the Certificate management or the Account creation process. This is horribly limiting when considering the need of an environment to have a seamless system with limited downtime. Further the lack of auto account creation from the SAML service, is highly inefficient. It would be desired to have the capability to create users from the SAML integration and to have the SAML process setup to manage itself using federation XML URLs as an option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Acrobat does not work with Mojave...and I do not think it ever will. Adobe need to refund a portion of the subscription and stop blowing smoke....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It is very frustrating the inconsistencies surrounding being able to log into Acrobat. You click on the login button and the little watch flashes for a second but nothing happens. To pay a monthly fee for something that does not work is not right

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I really do not appreciate starting work and finding a whole new update unexpectedly when I have work to do! I do not have auto updates on and was not even signed into Adobe. Please stop updating without warning!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After Acrobat updated to 2019.008.20071, my Enfocus Pitstop Tools have disappeared. I have tried uninstalling/re-installing both Acrobat and Pitstop. With no change. I have checked for an update to Acrobat but get a message that 20071 is the latest version. Enfocus says the problem is in Acrobat.

When can i expect a fix for this. I need these tools in order to be able to work with my customers. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. i have a legacy device license and all other apps work. Acrobat is the only app that has stopped working and is stuck in trial mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Acrobat Pro DC began crashing immediately and repeatedly after updating to Mac OS 10.14.2. (MBP 15/32GB/4TB/ 2018).

After searching Acrobat forums, it appears others have experienced this issue, albeit with prior updates of High Sierra.

My solution: I attempted a solution that was successful in one of the posts. I uninstalled Acrobat using the uninstall function of the application. I rebooted in 10.14.2 and then reinstalled Acrobat Pro DC. Acrobat Pro DC now works well, without apparent glitch and no crashes after 2 days of constant use since the uninstall/reinstall procedure.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have purchased the full license for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I am requesting Adobe to create a way to always block Reader DC from ever downloading during scheduled updates. Reader DC always commandeers/overrides the default settings by file types and since I PAID for the full software product, I shouldn't have to reset my default program by file type literally every other day. Please change this. Please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. WE paid for a subscription to Adobe Acrobat DC why do we have to sign in each time. Adobe needs to fix this. Oh the days we had a CD to install and never had these problems. Also my boss has that same problem with our Photoshop and Indesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. "View All Recent Files" crashes Acrobat Pro for Mac under OSX Mojave
    2. Open Acrobat Pro. Go to file > Open Recent File > View All Recent Files
    3. OS X Mojave 10.14.1 - this issue appeared after I upgraded to Mojave
    4. Should open a list of files previously accessed
    5. Actually gives the SBOD and causes Acrobat Pro to become unresponsive

.txt file attached with the system report

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. While installing Photoshop and Lightroom today, the installation screen showed that I had an existing install of Acrobat DC. I've never heard of Acrobat DC... so I assumed it must be part of the Acrobat system - and I elected to update the installation by pressing the "update" button. Unbeknownst to me, it uninstalled my Acrobat Pro XI and installed a trial version of Acrobat DC. I called the Support Line and waited AN HOUR AND A HALF to speak to a tech support representative to find out how to revert back to my Pro XI. By the time I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?