Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

595 results found

1. Overall Acrobat is horrible non intutitive a simple google search and you will see I am not the only one that thinks this. I would suggest you work with NON-PROGRAMING design and flow oriented people to fix the issue with Adobe Acrobat otherwise it will be a thing of the past since many companies like ZOHO, Microsoft and Google are doing the work better thought the demand in the business world is PDF because you have marketed it so...I do not believe Adobe will be able to hold up this software as people are innovating their software at light speeds…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. After completing an editable form with no restrictions and fillable fields in Acrobat DC, the data typed into the fields does not save. The form is blank when the document is saved and then reopened. Even when "Save as Other" --> "Reader Extended PDF" --> "Enable More Tools" is turned on, the data in the fields cannot be saved. This is a frustrating and time-consuming issue since users must complete the form, and if there are any errors, must then complete the entire form over again from scratch. I have now wasted more than two hours total completing a form…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adobe just recently took out the functionality to create a PDF form with a "Submit" button that emails a copy of the completed for as a "PDF". The only option now is FDF and XFDF. Please bring back the "PDF" export feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Two senior web developers spent an hour trying to figure out how to export a PDF's form data. Do better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add following text field properties for text fields in pdf forms:

1.) Justified text alignment under Options Tab; and
    2.) Hyperlink format under Format Tab.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In creating a form, adding a button, and making the action of the button to Import from data" in clicking "add", the application will not allow me so select any other file type than pdf, but even then i cannot select a file to use for data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to prepare a form from a scanned document (or PDF that had no form elements on it) is a great feature, and if the instructions from https://acrobatusers.com/assets/collections/tutorials/legacy/id_2263/acro9_designforms.pdf are followed, makes it easy to turn a flat document into a fillable form.

However, I believe a feature of this has been overlooked since the introduction of the date style form, and that is the ability for the prepare form feature to recognise a date and apply the date style form.

My request is to update the prepare form feature so that something that resembles a date field is given…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I prepare a fillable form, I want to wrap the text so the person filling out the form can read the whole paragraph they are writing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Janet,

Select “Multi-line” and “Scroll Long Text” in “Options” tab of the Properties dialog box for your text field. Also, ensure to widen the width (manually) to allow user to view the content as they type

And, I have forwarded your request of “Wrap the Text” to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization.
    We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

9. When adding Radio Buttons on forms, users need options for "Open Square" and "Open Circle" Button Styles. The inside/middle of the button should be transparent, so that users can easily see the text behind their underlying choice. This would simulate users circling a choice with a pencil/marker rather than completely "filling in" the circle or square.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to change line color and line thickness of the "open circle" or "open square". Currently, users can only change the border color and line thickness of ALL radio buttons, regardless of whether the button is selected…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. the addition calculations are wrong . See attached Picture. How can the total be 11 instead of 12. I even set the default values in the fields as 0, and still junk calculation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have problems with the fields calculated in acrobat forms are deactivated when sending by filling in and signing, it is functional that they replace it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ive created a form with about 20 drop down fields as most of these fields wont be used at the same time. When trying to send through adobesign, it restricts me from moving forward because I have "blanks or spaces entered." If there was a null or blank option that would leave the boxes empty vs. having to have the fields/dropdowns all say "please select if applicable," this would give it a much cleaner look

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to be able to do form that, when someone fills it, they dont need to log in to their email account to send it to me. I want it that, when pressing the send button, it automatically sends it to my email account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have spent about 8 hours remediated a form to make it accessible and now my final version (I have saved 14 versions during editing) will suddenly not allow me to edit the form fields or even enter the "Prepare form" tool. When I open this doc, I immediately get a message that "cannot reflow this page because it contains interactive annotations. I hit OK and then I try to enter form editing and get the "Cannot edit file as a form due to security settings". I didn't set any security limitations and when I try to open/edit security, it grayed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Using 13.1. Don't know if this is an Acrobat or an InDesign issue, but recently noticed that if I have text that flows to 2 lines and that has a hyperlink behind it, in Acrobat, the tags show the link as having two Link-OBJR, but they are the reverse of reading order. So if you tab the page, you go from 2nd line of text to first. So,

'Go to

the store'

tabs as if it is 'the store' 'go to'. The underlying link is fine--no issue there--it's the tab order and tag order (tag order perhaps then impacting screen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recent changes at work require a dropdown list that includes the option to select a "Checkmark", ie Wingdings Unicode 252 or similar. I have been unable to add a checkmark to my Options > Item List. Cut/paste results in a different symbol than desired.

Is this option already available for Acrobat Pro DC, (if so, how?), or is this a new request?
    Kindest regards - Sam

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove red borders and blue shade after a manditory field is filled in.

Right now when you have a required field and you select the fact that they are highlighted. You can't unhighlight them witouth them unhighlighted before you even fill in the document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have manually set my tab order three times now.... And three times now when I save it for publication the tab order reverts to row.. I have set custom columns. Is there a setting I am missing????? Can't find anything on web except history of this kind of issue in older versions but no solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi me llamo VS tengo 4 hijos y una vida infeliz si infeliz que porque yo me siento mal .me siento todos los días con miedos el. No poder estar con paz contranquilidad yo me estoy aquí pero my mente siempre esta en otro lugar por ejemplo como voy a hacer para pagar el carro el gas la luz la renta y el abogado que eso que me hicieron esos policías fue un error porque me echaron ala cárcel sin aber preguntado porque es que yo alar un golpe a my ex pareja el me insultaba me sentía muy mal…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Environment:
    Windows. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2019.012.20040

Expected result is that the text field remains Read Only when the digital signature is cleared.

What happens is the Read Only field appears visible as if it can have data entered into it.

Unfortunately I cannot seem to reproduce it on other forms, and I cannot attach this form as it is proprietary. Not sure if this is a familiar problem with others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?