Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

599 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My font came out as a bunch of symbols when I transferred it to word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to change the default highlight color for fillable form boxes. The automatically generated baby blue clashes with all the other colors in my layout. I know I can change it in my personal preferences, but I need to change it for the document so the recipient has the desired viewing experience.
    Users have been asking about this issue for at least seven years now – what's so hard about changing the highlight color for the document (again, NOT my personal settings)? I can change the text and box color once the field is selected, but the default box…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When merging PDf form to CSV file. Chinese text will fail to export.
    will show ... instead of correct Chinese characters. it's been a while. Please help fix this bug, thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add authoring "modes" (desktop vs. mobile) to the JavaScript editor so that the syntax checker will alert the form author when JavaScript objects, properties, or methods in their code are not supported on Adobe viewers on mobile devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I don't like how free-floating the elements on Forms is. It take me quite a bit of time getting things lined up. I wish you could implement some of your code from Photoshop and Illustrator such as; Smart Guides, so I can see how things line up and offset elements. Grids that I can edit the dimensions of ie: 1mm² or 1cm², and snap-to grids so I can everything lined up. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have upgraded to 2017 (2017.011.30138)

I have created a form, adding my fields one at a time and changing the Name and ToolTip for each field.

When I run an accessibility check I get a Tagged form field - Failed error for every single field.

When I run Identify Form Fields nothing happens except the Identify Form fields and Autotag Form Fields options grey.

I went back to Prepare Form Tools and double checked the fields. They all have unique field names, and all have unique tool tips.

I tried to look at the field via the Reading Order…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I just noticed this bug. Every month I combine several PDFs to send to my accountant:

1. My bank statement
    2. At least one check image that's a deposit
    3. At least one check image that a payment.

Each check image has above it data pulled from the check Date of deposit, amount, check number.

No matter what I do or how I do it when I add in the second check the data mentioned just above is replaced with the data from the first check. So I have two images of check but all the info is wrong on the second check…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The import of a word document with tables embedded stops the automatic field detection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We need a flattening tool so that we can put stamps/initials/signatures on a pdf that cannot be moved/altered so they can go to our clients. There was a very simple add on to adobe X, but nothing even close in DC. Please update this!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. a really fantastic soft just like acrobat pro needs may be of a really important and simple feature as characters counting.I need it so much

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, if I send a fillable form to someone, they can't change the font they enter into the fillable fields. It would be great if they could change the font to suit them rather than have to keep the font that I've assigned. OR if I could assign a font and have it appear on the PDF at their end rather than converting to a default font if they don't have that particular font on their computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Please select “Allow Rich Text Formatting” for the text field in the “Options” tab of the Properties dialog box.

Formatting options are available on “Right Click”
    And font can be changed using the “text toolbar”, using the shortcut key CTRL+E or CMD+E.

I hope this help

13. Not having a subtraction option in the Text Field Properties reduces the value of the calculate function. The current "workaround" of inputting a negative number to allow for addition is a poor alternative.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Megha Jain responded

Hi Gary

You can either use a custom JavaScirpt calculation or the simplified field notation calculation, if your field names follow the required convention, with the “-” operator you will be able to perform subtraction.

However, we value your suggestion/ideas and we will have the engineering notified. Should we need more information inregard to this, we shall connect with you
    Thank you for your patience.

14. Please have the "EMAIL" from PDF feature replaced for ADOBE ACROBAT STANDARD DC users (click on an email and open a new email in OUTLOOK). I used this feature a lot previously and am VERY disappointed that this feature is no longer available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When distributing an Adobe Form, I check the box, "Collect name and email address." The user submits the form, but includes commas in the Name box. The data goes into the Adobe response file just fine. But when exporting to csv, the "From" column doesn't include enclosing quotes. So the columns get shifted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the current version of Adobe Acrobat DC it isn't possible anymore to select an layout for the portfolios as it was in the earlier versions. An opportunity to enable that would be very practical and advantageous.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since there's a push to make publically available PDF's meet ADA accesibility standards, we've been creating the base form fields in inDesign and then doing finishing touches in Acrobat Pro. It's annoying enough that you can't set formatting in the base doc (ie if it should be a number, date, percentage etc). The fact that there's no way to format multiple fields at once is worse. If more than one field is selected, the "format" tab literally disappears from the properties menu.

I'd just copy the original fields to preserve their settings, but then I'd have to do a lot…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think it would be a good idea to be able to name several property names at once, and be able to add a suffix at the end. So if you are naming 10 different form cells "Address" you won't have to type in Address01, Address02, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Behavior: When selecting one of the radio button options, the border disappears. Note that this appears to be affected by the field highlighting, which is enabled by default for Reader and Acrobat.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Setup a form with multiple sets of radio buttons, where at least two options exist for each set of radio buttons
    2. In the Appearance properties tab for the radio buttons, set the Border Color to black and Line Thickness to "Thin"
    3. In the Options properties tab set the Button Style to "Cross"
    4. Open the form and select one radio button from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

This is as designed.
    As you select the radio button, you will observe a light gray, beveled frame appears around each button boxes.
    You can see the difference as you make changes in “Line Style”

20. I believe there are no current JavaScript functionalities to format the text in an auto generated email or even the alert method. This could include bold, italics, or highlighted, in the actual body of the email. Are there any plans to implement this in JavaScript, or to allow HTML to be used for this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?