Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

597 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Repeatedly, when trying to fill in US Internal Revenue Service forms in Acrobat DC Standard, I get a "bad file handle" message, and am unable to save the completed form. This did not happen with earlier versions of Adobe Acrobat and does not happen if I open the files in Acrobat Reader DC rather than the full version of Acrobat DC. I am using Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There is currently no way to get the tab order of fields in a PDF file via JavaScript. While it is possible to set it by creating fields in the desired order, there is no way of getting the order of already available fields – only alphabetically. Giving the Field object a new property or reading out another sorted list would solve this.

Also, this link is currently on 404:
    https://help.adobe.com/livedocs/acrobat_sdk/9/Acrobat9_HTMLHelp/JS_Dev_Overview.71.1.html (linked here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/javascript.html)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I try to fill this form: http://www.ru.emb-japan.go.jp/VISANDTOURISM/Visa/template/application.pdf -- which is a Visa application form at Japanese embassy in Moscow, Adobe reader DC crashes when I scroll down a Country/Region drop-down list.

I remember that this form have never had such problems in previous years (with earlier version of Acrobat Reader).

I have attached various information that may be useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It's absurd when you working on a form and have to look up information to complete the form and then the form disappears. I realize Safari is a joke and the "built in" that drive you towards one of "their " products. But I am paying a monthly fee for playing hide and seek with documents?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why can I not change the default font in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro from Minion to what I want? The "J" in Minion looks like an "I" and I have a "J" in my company name which is causing problems because it looks like an "I". I know this has been asked before but why is there no answer. Ugh!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have several PDF files that I print regularly (together). Some are printed as double-sided, and some are printed as single-sided. When you combine PDFs into one document, there's not an option to keep some printing as double, and some as single. When you hit print and choose the option to print "Double sided," it prints double-sided for all. Wish there was a way to have them combined in one document, but have separate printing properties. May work-around is to add a "blank page" after the single page PDF, but that gets messy. THanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recently the send email functionality in Acrobat DC Pro and Reader has stopped working with my gmail account. It says it's creating the email but does not put it in the drafts folder in gmail. It used to work just fine. I'm on Windows 10, Acrobat version 19.012.20034.1161. A collegue of my is able to use it just fine on their Mac with the same version of Acrobat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When having Chinese or Cyrillic Characters in a List Box, the export value cannot be accessed (event.changeEx). In the case of these Characters in a List Box the event.changeEx returns nothing.
    An Example is attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. (Acrobat Pro DC)

Suggestion: Add an on-the-fly "Form Field Detection?" checkbox above/underneath the "Requires Signatures" checkbox.

In previous versions of Acrobat Pro, on clicking Create Form, there was an on-the-fly option to "Detect Form Fields? Yes/No."

In DC, this option is changed into a default setting that always applies.

Accessing it first requires reading the fine print (which I missed the first three times); clicking the link to the correct section of Preferences, finding the correct setting, and then checking the box. In total, 3 clicks to change a hidden setting.

While I think it is a good idea to…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently retyping each drop down menu on each document prepared. Would be handy if we could save this drop down menu and add to each new form.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please create a feature so that Microsoft excel can be used as a data source for merging fillable PDFs form.

Customers are asking for this feature, please incorporate an easy to use (without needing to write script) solution.

The common community forum answer when customers are looking for this feature is referral to a 3rd party.

We definitely want and need this to be incorporated into Acrobat.

Thank you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to change a pdf to fully accesible microsoft word format

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why can't i talk to an expert about the issues I'm having? All the tutorials are much too basic and scrolling through all the reams of posts is exhausting and never results in an answer. I need advice on how to save a pdf. file with radio buttons and fillable sections so i can send it to a client for completion. Why is there no detailed best practice on how to use pre-flight so that forms work for your clients?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I built a fill-in form using a PDF template. Turns out the PDF displayed incorrectly for one of my users, so I created a replacement template PDF. When I switched it out, all my fill-in form fields significantly moved. Would love a feature that would allow the fields to be locked before replacing template. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. While comparing PDF docs, most of the differences are not the real ones, but due to font,fill,color,size. How would I avoid getting differences due to the above reasons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to see a "transform" capability similar to InDesign, with a panel or set of boxes in which the actual pixel X & Y coordinates, as well as the dimensions of an object, can be precisely set. Currently, the resolution on this type of placement appears to be set at 2 points, and I would like to be able to fine-tune that to pixels or 10,000ths of an inch as I can in InDesign. That's the basic idea, but read on for rationale.
    I work mainly in InDesign to create pdf forms that I then take into Acrobat…

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  45 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can only change tool tips for one item at a time. Have to change dozens from previous form and can only do one at a time. If copy / paste have to change the name so they won't be linked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For a long time (one year), app for Mac, Adobe Acrobat DC do not working properly.

When I working editable files to “Preparing Form”, it is impossible to turn off the color of the Border Color and Fill Color.

There is no NONE color at all, as it was 2 years ago.

Please update app quickly and let me know as soon as possible.

tnx.

greeting

Sandrino Kasić

sandrino.kasic@mccann.hr

McCann
    Zagreb,
    Croatia

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader.

If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousoctober2018.html#dccontinuousoctobertwentyeighteen.

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks!

-Bhavna

20. I'm trying to open a PDF file and it shows me that it's going to open and then nothing happens. I tried to unistall it and then install it and there's always an error appearing saying that I'm not able to have access on this device, path or file and that maybe I don't have the rights.
    (the photo is on greek)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?