Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

599 results found

1. I should be able to create a radio group inside a form without custom scripting. An example would be to select a number of check boxes and group them together and choose to group them as a radio button group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The field view is entirely too small to manually edit tab order. This should either be a separate pane or perhaps a pop-out window. I easily have over 100 fields on one page and it's impossible to order them as I need to (by column, within a section or rows of fields). Default tab ordering structures (By Row, By Column) are not useful here. Need more flexibility to set tab order manually.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

3. The option to clear all the fields on a form has been removed. I have a form that I re-use for various jobs, and now I must manually clear all of the fields in the form in order to fill it out afresh. The deletion of this feature irritates me mightily.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Hi,

We would like to know, how were you using “clear all fields” option? Was it a button or a menu item?

Refer: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html#actions_tab_for_form_field_properties

Reader cannot “Edit/Modify” PDF and hence “Reset Form” is not available in Reader. As long as you didn’t save the form (as you mentioned), you can use the following command in Acrobat Reader: File > Revert.

“Clear Form/Reset Form” can only be added via Acrobat. You can ask the author of the form to add a button using Form Fields Properties > Actions > Reset Forms.
    And, if you are the author, you can clear it from Tools > Prepare Forms > More Options > Clear Form.

I hope this resolves your issue. If not, please share details for more information.

4. I created a nice form, loaded it to the web, tested it and when I clicked the "Submit" button - nada! Researched, tried other methods and when I finally called support, I was told that Acrobat DC can't/won't email completed pdf forms from the web! But maybe it would work if I could find someone who could code the javascript for me. So I found the javascript (I can do some coding) and this.maildoc() doesn't work.

Why bother with this? It was a huge waste of time. There are on-line pdf form companies that charge less and claim to offer…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to be able to adjust the leading for multi-scroll fillable type. I often have to adjust my art in InDesign so that the type matches the lines on forms.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I just installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and tried to open a Word document to prepare as a form. Though the file loads in the "Select File" box, nothing happens when I click start.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Please share the acrobat version you are experiencing this issue with .

Have you tried it with any other file to confirm that this is not file-specific issue.

Also, can you “Check for Updates” and re-test the issue with latest version.

-Bhavna

7. Add a functionality option to form buttons that would allow for posting to social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.). This would allow the user to post an image of the form to social media (without the button showing) This would allow designers to create "form templates" that would allow the users even in Reader to post to social media.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Whenever I use "File → Save as Other → Reader Extended PDF → Enable More Tools (Includes form fill-in & save)" to save my form. The form in the resulting file cannot be edited. Why? This effectively causes me to have to maintain three copies of my PDF forms: One with no form controls, one converted to a form, and one with More Tools enabled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have a saved PDF on my computer and I cannot fill any fields.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this for now until we have further info on the request.
    Can revisit later

10. After creating a checkbox, changing its name, modifying its size and assigning "Signer 1" as the participant role, it changes to Signature Field Type.

Demonstrative Video Attached.

Best,

Christian

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since Friday, November 17th, 2017, we cannot open adobe acrobat form documents that contains digital signature fields. When we try to open the document, Adobe Acrobat application is not responding. First, I thought it is about verifying the digital signatures but even the unsigned form cannot be open. Also same document that digitally signed before cannot be open.

I created this form using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC in April 2017. It was working fine until November 17th, 2017. All our users have same problem.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Continuous Release | Version:…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It is a Bug, not an idea.

When trying to insert a calculation into a form field to show the new date (also with other simple calculations), for example

var f = this.getField("Heute");
    f.value = util.printd("d.m.yyyy",new Date());

I can insert it, but when clicking OK the field is empty and nothing calculates.

There seems to be an error, snce this has worked befor – or I am doing it wrong, but I cannot see how.

Any ideas?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Despite the submitForm page in the JavaScript API not mentioning the possibility of using a UNC, based on the behaviour of Acrobat Distribution Wizard I decided to test using a UNC instead of a URL by including the following line in my script associated to the MouseUp event of my custom submit button:

this.submitForm({cURL:"//SERVER/SHARE/", cSubmitAs:"PDF"});

To my satisfaction, everything worked as I suspected.

The following line also worked:

this.submitForm({cURL:"smb://SERVER/SHARE/", cSubmitAs:"PDF"});

So this seems like an undocumented feature btw pretty useful for small businesses which in general outsource their web services but mantain an onsite file server.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. i would like to be able to change the font of an interactive text field of a pdf file that i made in adobe indesign.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can make use of "Enable Rich Text Field " in Properties panel to make use of formatting options in "Right Click >Sub Menus.

Closing this for now until we have further info on the request. Can revisit later

15. I have filled up a form using Foxit Reader. When I tried to open the form with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC I got error "The document enabled extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document".

I tried some other PDF programs, no issue when opening this form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It is not an idea, it is a bug.

When I open two exact same PDF files, one that has been created 2 months ago with formula to insert the current dat, calculate prices and costs, and a freshly created PDF to include the exact same calculations to the exact same named fields, I cannot get one single calculation to stick. Neither when adding them via hand, nor via export and import function. When I go to properties/calculations and user definted calcuations and add the copied text there, click ok enough times thennothing happens. when i look into the field…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please enable a way to have the drop down menus on PDF forms blank until clicked on. If the item list has three or less items, you can click the blank space (Under dropdown properties > options > item list) but if there are four or more list items, one of them is always selected and shows on the drop down list (not blank.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I created a form in Acrobat DC Pro, distributed and collected the form successfully. In the collection window, Any field filled up in Arabic shows up properly – see screenshot (Collected-results-with-Arabic.jpg).
    However when I export all results to .csv format so I can compare all results, any Arabic text will display as dots – see screenshot (arabic-in-excel.jpg)

I performed all above steps on Mac and Windows using Acrobat Pro DC 15.23.20056.213124 with similar results

Arabic text should be readable in the exported .csv file

Arabic text is converted to dots upon exporting all data from the form collection window.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm using Adobe Acrobat XI. I used to use Adobe Acrobat X, and encountered the same problem.

I create some REALLY lengthy forms in Word. I apply a style with square bullets to text in Word to create a checkbox list. Then I convert the file to PDF, and then convert the PDF to a form. Every line has the same Word style with the same square symbol for its bullet, so there's nothing about the way I'm applying the formatting that's inconsistent.

I've learned from trial and error that square bullets only convert to checkboxes if the font is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The form field detection algorithm is not perfect, and only provides a good starting point.
    You will require manual work to create fields that are not detected by Acrobat

As a workaround, you could try inserting “Square shape” instead of bullets.
    Click Insert, click Shapes, select a shape, and then click and drag to draw the shape.

I hope this work for you.

20. Add a new “picture” field that would allow inserting a picture type (jpg, jpg, eps, etc.) into the field. The when pasted in allow the user resizing choices such as zooming and cropping, as needed.

I’m surprised no one has asked for this. I’m in construction and I think this would be needed for insurance forms or any field where photo documentation is being collected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?